The BlackBerry Curve is now available in Germany!

Click to learn more... (if you can read German)
    05-16-07 03:25 PM
    It is but from June onwards.....
    05-16-07 03:31 PM
    close enough June will be here before we know it.
    05-16-07 03:41 PM
    That is true and its on T-Mobile which is a good sign...
    05-16-07 03:42 PM
    Well, Kasper...why wait until the end of the month to go to the U.K.
    05-16-07 08:30 PM
    Are these all signs for me to get one?

I can't believe you guys, do you know how much money I've spent in the last two months? Rhetorical, of course...
    05-16-07 08:34 PM
    I need a device, but I can't pull the trigger,
    Get what I can have now, or wait for what's bigger?

Or is it bigger, or better? How can I tell?
    The damn reviews don't always describe things so well,

GPS or a camera? Curve or eighty-eight?
    Otherwise seemingly so equal in size and in weight,

The thing I have now's got an LED display,
    it's OK for work, but no good for play,

No music, no vids, not even brickbreaker,
    Its so old that when I go out, I don't like to take 'er.

A color screen! A song! Wouldn't that be merry?!
    How do I decide on a new...

(OK...ok...think...something that rhymes with "merry"...)
    05-17-07 03:59 PM
    Hmmm... maybe berry.

Well, I'm not only going to London to get a Curve, I'll also be there for vacation you know, and of course to meet Tmag.
    05-17-07 04:21 PM
    So I take it that means you like the Curve over the 8800?

If so, why so? Keyboard? (What about the "sinking keyboard" factor?)

Is it the form factor? Build quality?

And...is there any meaningful difference in how each device handles media? I.e., is it harder to get the media (like a movie or music) onto, and then access/manage it, on the 8800?

It is some other secret factor that newbies like me don't know about?!?!?!?!?!

As an aside....once upon a time, in a land far, far away, called California, I was a river guide. Once in a while during an afternoon or evening in camp, the guides would get a bit of time off to themselves, without any responsibilities for the camp or the customers. At those times, we'd often try to hike off somewhere to get away from the customers, just to be alone for a bit. Often, however, they would spot us and think to themselves, "there they go...off to the secret spot where there is probably the most beautiful waterfall, view, wildlife, river pixies...whatever."

They figured we knew the secrets, and golly, they'd sure like to get in on them too. Those folks were often from Silicon Valley or San Fran...the kind of folks that were all strapped up with the lastet techno gadgetry. Now I feel like the customer, and golly, I want in on the secrets! :-)
    Last edited by mj2007; 05-17-07 at 05:28 PM.
    05-17-07 05:19 PM
    Absolutely!

Travel safe and bring back lots of pics (and the Curve of course)!!

Hmmm... maybe berry.

Well, I'm not only going to London to get a Curve, I'll also be there for vacation you know, and of course to meet Tmag.
    05-17-07 11:43 PM
    What a great rhyming poem, mj2007 - way to go OK, so what do you do with all of that talent?

Well...not 100% sure. Flying a bit in the dark here (to draw on your analogy) but will give it a try.

I haven't seen the Curve yet. When I tried the 8800 it was beautiful (black and sleek) but I was still stuck on my beloved trackwheel, which most people are moving away from (including RIM so I won't have a choice )

Not sure about the sinking keyboard factor but that is a worry for me - I will let everyone know my own experience when I pick one up at Cingular - don't have the exact release date yet. It doesn't sound like tmag experienced the sinking keyboard factor though on his Curve..tmag?

I believe the OS on both devices are the same so that would mean that the basic operations on both would be the same...any corrections to that?

I believe the Curve will have wifi and a 2 mpx camera - The Curve is also boasting an enhanced media player. It is smaller than the 8800 with what sounds like a bit of a different feel. The keys on the 8800 are fairly close together. The Curve keys are spread out more but from the size of the Curve, it is a smaller keyboard.

HERE is tmag's excellent review of the Curve and HERE is Kasper's excellent review on the 8800. You may have already seen these threads.
    Take a look if not. Enjoy!

I personally can't wait to have a more up close and personal look at the Curve and am looking forward to posting some thoughts!

Can't wait to hear Kasper's thoughts also after he picks up his own new Curve from tmag.

So I take it that means you like the Curve over the 8800?

If so, why so? Keyboard? (What about the "sinking keyboard" factor?)

Is it the form factor? Build quality?

And...is there any meaningful difference in how each device handles media? I.e., is it harder to get the media (like a movie or music) onto, and then access/manage it, on the 8800?

It is some other secret factor that newbies like me don't know about?!?!?!?!?!

As an aside....once upon a time, in a land far, far away, called California, I was a river guide. Once in a while during an afternoon or evening in camp, the guides would get a bit of time off to themselves, without any responsibilities for the camp or the customers. At those times, we'd often try to hike off somewhere to get away from the customers, just to be alone for a bit. Often, however, they would spot us and think to themselves, "there they go...off to the secret spot where there is probably the most beautiful waterfall, view, wildlife, river pixies...whatever."

They figured we knew the secrets, and golly, they'd sure like to get in on them too. Those folks were often from Silicon Valley or San Fran...the kind of folks that were all strapped up with the lastet techno gadgetry. Now I feel like the customer, and golly, I want in on the secrets! :-)
    05-18-07 12:12 AM
    The Curve that is out there now does not have WiFi... and I can't wait to post my review either!!! Only 11 more days to go....
    05-18-07 05:43 AM
    [QUOTE=MMB916;9187]What a great rhyming poem, mj2007 - way to go ]

MMB, thanks so much for that. It so hard to get any recognition for rhyming poetry these days, what with all them "open verse" types running around...I mean really, if doesn't rhyme what makes it a poem besides bad punctuation? To paraphrase Simon and Garfunkle...

Where have you gone Robert Service?
    The nation turns its lonely eyes to you,
    ooo...ooo...ooo

Now there's a rhyme. You and ooo.

Throw in a bit of harmony, a video with Chevy Chase, and an African choir with a song about Elvis' place...(oh, look at that, "Chase" and "place"...I didn't even mean to do it, it just happens...somebody stop me!...please...anybody?) and you've got a hall of fame carrer going.

But seriously...I am looking forward to hearing what you and Kasper have to say once you have the device in-hand.
    Last edited by mj2007; 05-18-07 at 10:17 AM.
    05-18-07 09:07 AM
    Thanks, Kasper. I had a bit of a feeling as I typed that feature

The Curve that is out there now does not have WiFi... and I can't wait to post my review either!!! Only 11 more days to go....
    05-18-07 05:40 PM
    Just FYI - don't want to hijack the thread that was very funny..."somebody stop me"...love Simon and Garfunkel. Yap on the rhyming.

Keep you posted on the Curve!

[quote=mj2007;9213]
    What a great rhyming poem, mj2007 - way to go ]

MMB, thanks so much for that. It so hard to get any recognition for rhyming poetry these days, what with all them "open verse" types running around...I mean really, if doesn't rhyme what makes it a poem besides bad punctuation? To paraphrase Simon and Garfunkel...

Kasper
    Where have you gone Robert Service?
    The nation turns its lonely eyes to you,
    ooo...ooo...ooo

Now there's a rhyme. You and ooo.

Throw in a bit of harmony, a video with Chevy Chase, and an African choir with a song about Elvis' place...(oh, look at that, "Chase" and "place"...I didn't even mean to do it, it just happens...somebody stop me!...please...anybody?) and you've got a hall of fame carrer going.

But seriously...I am looking forward to hearing what you and Kasper have to say once you have the device in-hand.
    05-18-07 05:44 PM
    As soon as I can get some quality hands-on time with the Curve. I'll post my on review of it on here. Only 10 more days to go.....
    05-19-07 05:55 AM
    We're counting down with you

As soon as I can get some quality hands-on time with the Curve. I'll post my on review of it on here. Only 10 more days to go.....
    05-19-07 03:45 PM
    Dont i know it - counting down. Might go on a mini break
    05-20-07 01:15 PM
    Tmag is probably getting tired of hearing me talk about it
    05-20-07 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD