10-04-13 12:58 AM
39 12
tools
    Bbry never said anything about q10 sales, except for Thorsten expecting to sell "10's of millions".
    numbers,
    As for the the sales numbers, bbry said they changed the way they are reporting now due to the fact that the "shipped" numbers could be returned.
    God, if they've made that many Q10's there's going to be a ****storm coming...
    10-04-13 12:31 AM
    $4.50/share is not a lot more than their cash balance. As hard as it is to believe, their brand, IP, and real estate do actually have some value.
    $4.50 is the magic number that seems to be floating around right now. Stock closed at $7.73 today, way below the $9 offer.

You could make a killing buying it and waiting for the deal to close. Quick 15 %
    10-04-13 12:32 AM
    $4.50 is the magic number that seems to be floating around right now. Stock closed at $7.73 today, way below the $9 offer.

You could make a killing buying it and waiting for the deal to close. Quick 15 %
    The market must think there's more downside to come. Otherwise everyone would be buying. Remember, Blackberry is distressed and desperate. Anything is possible now.
    h20work likes this.
    10-04-13 12:36 AM
    don't see that happening, reports were that they were building 1 million devices a month then after q1 report they were cut down by half. i see most of the devices being written down already or sold or in channels. they'v shipped out probably 5 million BB10 devices, a billion in write down is probably around a few million units. and i don't see blackberry building much more then 10 million maybe 15 million total
    10-04-13 12:41 AM
    The market must think there's more downside to come. Otherwise everyone would be buying. Remember, Blackberry is distressed and desperate. Anything is possible now.
    peopel are getting out because they don't believe the sale to fairfax will go through and if it doesn't they don't believe BBRY can come back so they are cutting whatever losses and moving on, which i am strongly considering doing
    10-04-13 12:43 AM
    peopel are getting out because they don't believe the sale to fairfax will go through and if it doesn't they don't believe BBRY can come back so they are cutting whatever losses and moving on, which i am strongly considering doing
    I feel for you mate, honestly. What do you foresee happening if the Fairfax deal doesn't go ahead? Cerberus and a break up?
    10-04-13 12:47 AM
    The thing I worry about the Fairfax deal is they still haven't announced they've got their funding. I would think they would, if they were serious about this offer and it's not a gamut to get another sucker on the hook.
    10-04-13 12:49 AM
    I feel for you mate, honestly. What do you foresee happening if the Fairfax deal doesn't go ahead? Cerberus and a break up?
    don't know if i see Cerberus breaking up the company, they've bought alot of companies that they helped bring out of a hole that are still around, take chrysler for example. i honestly don't know whats goign to happen thats why i'm considering getting out, the managment of blackberry is just to **** and that needs to be changed as well as a reduction in expenses
    10-04-13 12:50 AM
    don't see that happening, reports were that they were building 1 million devices a month then after q1 report they were cut down by half. i see most of the devices being written down already or sold or in channels. they'v shipped out probably 5 million BB10 devices, a billion in write down is probably around a few million units. and i don't see blackberry building much more then 10 million maybe 15 million total
    I'm trying to figure out your math. They wrote down $1b which wound up being more or less 3M units. They sold more or less 3M total since Q1, and if they built 10-15M then it's worse than we thought
    10-04-13 12:50 AM
    The thing I worry about the Fairfax deal is they still haven't announced they've got their funding. I would think they would, if they were serious about this offer and it's not a gamut to get another sucker on the hook.
    don't see it beign something to bring in more offers, else they wouldn't have put it down that if BlackBerry pulls out on the deal they have to pay or if they get another buyer they have to also
    10-04-13 12:52 AM
    don't see it beign something to bring in more offers, else they wouldn't have put it down that if BlackBerry pulls out on the deal they have to pay or if they get another buyer they have to also
    Isn't it Fairfax that gets paid if Blackberry choose another deal?
    10-04-13 12:53 AM
    I'm trying to figure out your math. They wrote down $1b which wound up being more or less 3M units. They sold more or less 3M total since Q1, and if they built 10-15M then it's worse than we thought
    they sold more then 3 million, they sold 1million Q4 3.7 million in Q1 and what we gather probably another million maybe less, but they sold about 5 million total so far, also who knows what the devices are valued at the 1 billion could be 5 million it could be 3 it could be 2 or even 4
    10-04-13 12:55 AM
    yeah thats what i said
    10-04-13 12:56 AM
    $157M, hardly enough to offset their losses.
    10-04-13 12:58 AM
39 12