I heard from a friend who works at the BlackBerry Cafeteria that it only comes in Grey.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:45 AM
    If a phone costs $100 to build, $100 million buys them 10 million users. Not bad, considering they could easily spend that much advertising.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 07:56 AM
    I haven't heard anything about it so there must be something to this.
    app_Developer and techvisor like this.
    06-29-15 08:03 AM
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Hmmmmmm
    Hmmmmm
    My thoughts
    06-29-15 08:19 AM
    I would put my 2 cents in... but I'm broke.

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo and techvisor like this.
    06-29-15 08:46 AM
    If a phone costs $100 to build, $100 million buys them 10 million users. Not bad, considering they could easily spend that much advertising.
    Buying users like that never works. Half of the people would simply sell their "free" phone, and another third would try it out and then stick it in a drawer and go back to their main phone, for various reasons. Only a fairly small percentage would be "converted."

Plus, imagine what it would do to BB's image: "They were so desperate that they GAVE AWAY 10M phones to try to produce their marketshare!" That would erode investor confidence very quickly. Hell, the BoD might fire Chen and the other chief officers.
    06-29-15 09:35 AM
    I heard from a friend who works at the BlackBerry Cafeteria that it only comes in Grey.

Posted via CB10
    No need for a rumor free phone.... if you put out a roadmap and let developers know what you are working towards.

But when you go and change how you have been operating for years and don't put out a roadmap for either Hardware or the OS.... people start wondering what is going on. When people working at BlackBerry talk about Android devices being used for testing... that just adds to the rumors. When sales of your new line of phones and new OS fall below 1 million unit a quarter (and still falling).... that just adds to the rumors.

Posted via CB10
    I think better spent would have been build a $250 phone that would have sold for $600 and sell it for $250.... might have gotten the attention of many users. But ultimately you need a stable OS and an ecosystem... both things that BlackBerry didn't have at launch. At this point, I just don't see Hardware or advertising being THE issue to fix.... the brand is damaged. But yeah I don't see the point of a few Billion dollars sitting in the bank while the thing that made BlackBerry, BlackBerry- dies.... unless you an unemotional about hardware and don't care if it survives.
    06-29-15 10:17 AM
    I would put my 2 cents in... but I'm broke.

Posted via CB10
    If you're in Canada, we don't have cents anymore so it would have to be "put your 5 cents in" or "put your nickel in"

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    06-29-15 10:31 AM
    Buying users like that never works. Half of the people would simply sell their "free" phone, and another third would try it out and then stick it in a drawer and go back to their main phone, for various reasons. Only a fairly small percentage would be "converted."

Plus, imagine what it would do to BB's image: "They were so desperate that they GAVE AWAY 10M phones to try to produce their marketshare!" That would erode investor confidence very quickly. Hell, the BoD might fire Chen and the other chief officers.
    Good point, no guarantee they would actually use it. However it may have some success in overseas markets.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 10:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft kind of already tried that with Windows Phone and it didn't work. Of course, if BBRY wants to give us free phones, I'd be all for it.

Don't believe BBRY would do this, though. BBRY has a pretty stingy corporate culture. For example, BBRY added ads to BBM and charges for small features like message retractions. Not to mention the MSRP of nearly every BB10 device introduced.

Now Microsoft and Google have a history of being generous with gifts.
    06-29-15 11:27 AM
    But will it Blend?
    06-29-15 01:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Fail. Does not compute. You are not smarter than a 5th grader.

Even with nice round numbers, too.

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl and AnimalPak200 like this.
    06-29-15 03:26 PM
    Fail. Does not compute. You are not smarter than a 5th grader.

Even with nice round numbers, too.

Posted via CB10
    Cost for distribution, and -oh no!- warranty processing etc. is not covered in this figure... :-)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    06-29-15 03:55 PM
    Thread got hijacked, or something by the second question.

OP:
    What is a Rumour-free phone, then....?

:-D

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    06-29-15 03:57 PM
    Thread got hijacked, or something by the second question.

OP:
    What is a Rumour-free phone, then....?

:-D

•   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   •
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that BlackBerry has some next-level game changing technology in which their next phone(s) will have "unsubstantiated rumour" suppression built right in. An industry first I would presume. No more rumours? This may not bode well for the company though. These days those rumours are the only thing that has people talking about BlackBerry. Their marketing department can't even do that.
    06-29-15 04:25 PM
    maybe they shouldnt sell their phones so darn expensive to begin with, an old spec phone like the leap is way overpriced at 275
    06-29-15 07:57 PM
    Ha, yes I was being rather sarcastic but I really would like them to end the rumour mill by coming out with a cutting edge spec-out device. They really need to hit a home run to win back the people instead of playing small ball with the leap and the classic. The Passport was a nice try but not enough. I have a Z10 and it is starting to slowly fade on me.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 04:28 PM
    I'll say it again, BlackBerry could come out with a top spec phone for a low price and it still wouldn't make much of a dent.
    Most people simply don't want the bb10 ecosystem.
    It's great and runs many Android apps so if should satisfy many but most still equate BlackBerry to a dinosaur with os7 and therefore no apps. And in reality, everything advertises their apps being on the Google playstore, and the Apple store, rarely mentioned is the Amazon app store and 99.9% of people have no interest or knowledge of getting snap etc.

For the consumer end, their only chance is a full Android device and even then it probably won't stick unless they partner with someone like Samsung to help get the word out and they get the playstore.
    I think BlackBerry will do this and will eventually offer only physical keyboard phones, with the slider the only option if you want a rectangular screen.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-30-15 05:43 PM