07-01-15 10:38 AM
30 12
tools
    Not with all the crevices and grooves. Especially not with our PKBs.

Posted via CB10
    You are right about that. To make a phone that was even close to anti bacterial it would have to be unibody and all touch.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 08:52 AM
    Many seem to be assuming that this will be a smartphone. What seems to be missed is that this was simply called a device and targeted solely at the medical market. The device in question could be a tablet of sorts used by the nursing station as they do their rounds as one scenario.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 09:13 AM
    I understand the concept. But aren't bacteria free/resistant objects and surfaces really only worthwhile to objects and surfaces that will come in contact with (or be handled by) numerous sources? Given that a smartphone is normally only handled by one person, any bacteria on the device would be passed to it only by the person already afflicted with the bacteria. Smartphones aren't really handed around to multiple people like doorknobs, TV/Bed remotes, clipboards, etc..
    Good point. The smartphones aren't passing the bacteria between people if only one person typically touches the smartphone, which seems to usually be the case.

I suppose the smartphone could re-contaminate a person's own hands after washing hands and then another common surface could be touched, but I'm not sure if that is a significant issue in the spread of disease or not.
    07-01-15 10:14 AM
    Good point. The smartphones aren't passing the bacteria between people if only one person typically touches the smartphone, which seems to usually be the case.

I suppose the smartphone could re-contaminate a person's own hands after washing hands and then another common surface could be touched, but I'm not sure if that is a significant issue in the spread of disease or not.
    In a hospital setting, you can never be too careful. And considering that there's more bacteria on your personal handset than a public toilet seat, I'd hope my doctor might ere on the side of caution, especially in a place filled with immuno-supressed patients.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-15 10:36 AM
    The best thing would be use NFC and motion sensors to trigger an alarm whenever the smartphone is handled within 3 feet of a toilet.
    07-01-15 10:38 AM
30 12