07-23-15 06:38 AM
551 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Why BlackBerry building an Android phone is a terrible idea | MobileSyrup.com

Becoming “merely another Android OEM” is, as much as its die-hards want it, a terrible idea for BlackBerry, and is unlikely to succeed. The company needs to focus on its strengths, and those are no longer in the hardware space.
    This MobileSyrup article admits right here that, regardless of which OS BB uses, that it doesn't have much of a future in hardware. I'm not sure why anyone here thinks that the article all that great (for BB).
    dejanh likes this.
    06-12-15 08:57 PM
    Could this be accomplished using the balance system they designed for corporate client. I would have liked to have had this as a personal user. BBOS on ones side and an android player on the other.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 09:07 PM
    AndroBerryDroid devices might be produced a la MIUI . . . software engineers of BlackBerry Limited may be able to customize (?) Android OS if the company ever wishes to do so.

China's MIUI 6 Is the Most Blatant iOS 7 Ripoff Ever
    06-12-15 09:43 PM
    A hybrid BB10-Android would be nice. I can get to enjoy native android apps that just work while enjoying the hub. And at least it isn't iOS.
    06-12-15 10:06 PM
    I like this news a lot. I love BB10 and it is smooth, but I am also not a fan of its shortcomings. Android oems have proved that it is possible to skin android to create a lag free experiences so I trust BBRY to able to create a BB10 Skinned Android that is as fluid and intuitive to use as a native bb10 device. If the slider is an android device I am buying it day one

This is the only thing that would stop me from jumping ship at this point. There isn't any real touch screen flagships coming and I have already have the Z30 for almost 2 years at this point and I refuse to get a leap as it is a massive downgrade lol.
    06-12-15 10:16 PM
    The reported rumour (not fact) was for ONE device. Seems to be a lot of reaction and assumptions happening from a "rumour" about ONE device. I will wait and see....keeping my Z30 and happy to continue for now.
    06-13-15 12:02 AM
    Hey you never know... seeing that android is open source and all these vendors design it their way, maybe BlackBerry will design their own version and increase security at the hardware level to make their android devices more secure than say your average consumer device.

Sure the blackphone tried to do that and failed. I guess we'll see what happens if BlackBerry does it.

But until BlackBerry release that in an official statement, I'll hold my breath.

Cheers
    What about current bb10 devices????
    I dont think they gonna dump all bb10 devices with last few updates!!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 12:09 AM
    "We do not comments on rumours and speculation, we are committed to development of BlackBerry 10"
    That's what I got when try seek information from bb employee

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 | CB Mod
    06-13-15 12:17 AM
    there is imac PC (apple) is enable select and to switch using iOS or window system . BlackBerry is enable to design such device? The possibility of enable select and to switching android or QNX system on device.

Z10/STL100-2 OS 10.3.2.2204
    06-13-15 02:04 AM
    "We do not comments on rumours and speculation, we are committed to development of BlackBerry 10"
    Reminiscent of the demise of SONY video tape recorders (Betamax format) . . . "For many, the sign that Beta was in its death throes finally came in early January of 1988. After initially denying the rumors, Sony finally announced that they would be marketing VHS-format VCRs in Japan and Europe by the Spring of 1988." . . . THE RISE AND FALL OF BETA . . . "The Sony Corporation, which popularized the home video cassette recorder with its Betamax in 1975, announced today that it would sell the rival VHS system that has come to dominate the market. Sony insisted that it would not abandon its Beta recording system nor the customers who own Betamax recorders and cameras." . . . SONY, IN A SHIFT, TO MAKE VHS UNITS

BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-414y2vnbenl.jpg
    Last edited by yhamaie; 06-13-15 at 02:57 AM.
    06-13-15 02:26 AM
    Reminiscent of the demise of SONY video tape recorders (Beta format) . . . "For many, the sign that Beta was in its death throes finally came in early January of 1988. After initially denying the rumors, Sony finally announced that they would be marketing VHS-format VCRs in Japan and Europe by the Spring of 1988." . . . THE RISE AND FALL OF BETA
    That's what I thought they don't denied or acknowledge lol

06-13-15 02:35 AM
    AndroBerryDroid devices might look like . . .

BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-pro_terrain_q5.jpg

Motorola Pro+ / NEC Terrain / BlackBerry Q5
    Last edited by yhamaie; 06-13-15 at 06:11 AM.
    06-13-15 03:04 AM
    Didn't work...Asus seems to be doing just fine these days.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    They have a dual-booting android/windows phone device?
    06-13-15 04:14 AM
    After almost 10 page everyone here repeat the same mistake. Do you read or what?
    Time to make clear some point.

1) Do you want an Android device with Google Services? Well this completely destroying the credibility of BlackBerry about security and privacy.

2) For having Google Services on the new device if this rumor confirmed to be true, BlackBerry need to remove the Android runtime from BlackBerry 10 and include in the new device the applications of Google that don't respect your privacy.

Do you understand the consequence of this choice? Maybe i think not. Anyone here open every day thread about missing apps and what happening after the Runtime be removed from BB10? Simple, BB10 collapse and no one are going to using it. If BlackBerry has today 0,7% of market share, after this move can have only 0,1%.
    Also Chen has cut sever good area of development and we are really missing investments on native side, who are going to developing for this platform? No one.
    So do you want Android? Prepare yourself for the funeral of BB10.

3) Fork of Android without Google Services.

Well what is the sense of this move? You are missing the same apps that everyday you asking. BlackBerry need to do again investments to support this fork, maybe can ask help to Samsung or Amazon, but they need to do. And what change for the users? Absolutely nothing.
    When i try this new fork and see that is missing the same apps like Instagram etc. He return back and another lose of money for BlackBerry.
    What a great move.

4) Android lag fixed by BlackBerry? Time to search "Android Lag UI" and you can see why Android can't be fast and fluid like BB10.

5) Android device can sell good?

Oh really? Do you think BlackBerry can fix they reputation with only an Android Device? Do you understand the majority of users in the world considering BlackBerry dead? And you really think with an Android Device they can fix it? And how they compete in consumers market? A device with a PKB?

A) For most consumers touchscreen is cool, PKB is part of the past
    B) They need to do a very good work to optimize Android for PKB. And what about the apps? Another problem.

"Hey, but they can make this Android device for enterprise!" Enterprise, security and privacy with Google Services? Oh yeah.
    And when the android device got pwned and every media writing about that, how the credibility of BlackBerry 10 remaining intact?

If you think BlackBerry can make Android secure like BB10, it's time for get back on studying.

6) QNX Hypervisor!

This is for me the most credible choice. QNX has already got support for QT5 instead BB10 not. The most jobs on BlackBerry website have QNX in the description.
    With this move they can make Android more fast, concentrate all the resource on QNX and make a compatibility for Cascades framework for don't losing the native apps.

Instead of BB10 10.3.3 or 10.4, BlackBerry make QNX the center of everything like Microsoft with Windows 10.
    Android doesn't get the Google Services because can't be good for security and privacy, but instead can get an increase of performance.

Or BlackBerry continue investments in BB10 and soon we can have good news. I'm sure anything got clarified on 23 June
    BlackBerry to announce First Quarter Fiscal 2016 results on June 23 | CrackBerry.com

We remain committed to BlackBerry 10, which provides security and productivity benefits that are unmatched. And while we can’t share details right now, there is more coming to the BlackBerry 10 platform after the June release of 10.3.2 and we will keep you updated.

In addition to BlackBerry 10, we continue to encourage innovation and investment in solutions across all major mobile OS platforms supported by the BES12 platform.

Cheers,
    Lou

NB. Also like i have repeated 1000 times. Make some investments can only change the situation in better.
    Watch Sailfish OS http://www.jollausers.com/2015/06/sp...ot-public-yet/
    Restore a confidence with investments on native development and marketing, and everything can get better than this.
    Last edited by wMarck90; 06-13-15 at 05:13 AM.
    rthonpm and theGUNNER like this.
    06-13-15 04:30 AM

I think a Playbook 2 with BB 10 would sell better than any android device.
    06-13-15 04:31 AM
    I think a Playbook 2 with BB 10 would sell better than any android device.
    And they likely still own the landfill space from when they made the PB1 - so easy to dispose of them afterwards.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-13-15 04:42 AM
    At least for one year, we are always listening-reading news about blackberry's future on software.

Chen is always talking about software bussiness!

So could it be a wise decision to choose android for blackberry devices?

I always fear about BlackBerry stop producing devices. But today we are talking BB10's future!

It is hard to understand company strategy!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:10 AM
    Relax...if any of you took a good look at screen grabs from video where BlackBerry showed off the 'slider' you would clearly see it's running BlackBerry 10. I call this a FUD
    FUD strategically released much like the old Samsung buyout rumour during BlackBerry's blackout period before the earnings release. Oddly enough, from the same unnamed source and reported by the same outlet.

Posted via CB10
    undone likes this.
    06-13-15 05:20 AM
    Going android is the right move. And consider not a dual boot device, but a select your OS (1 time) device.

For corporate users who need the security - get bb10.

For end consumers who need Google play and care less about security and privacy (like anyone who MUST have Snapchat - say teenagers) they choose bbAndroid that looks and feels like bb10 with the BlackBerry experience.

Everyone gets what they want. It is called market segmentation.

If BlackBerry has an android phone that looks and feels like bb10, I would get one for my daughter. Why not?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 06:51 AM
    If BlackBerry has an android phone that looks and feels like bb10, I would get one for my daughter. Why not?
    Why not indeed . . . Xiaomi has been selling Android OS smartphones which look and feel like iOS.

http://mashable.com/2014/08/19/miui-6-ios-7-compared/

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 07:00 AM
    ....could benefit both parties? Oh yeah, I could totally seem him trying that out. And I could see Samsung being willing to give it a shot as well to differentiate themselves in yet another way.
    Samsung needs and wants to wean itself off Google... :-)

  Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!  
    06-13-15 07:42 AM
    As long as there's a physical keyboard and Hub on this Android BB then sure I'm good with that.
    06-13-15 08:31 AM
    BlackBerry will have 2 character device, for Business and for Pleasure (QNX and Android)
    06-13-15 09:20 AM
    BlackBerry Balance: Work=BB10, Personal=Android?

(oh ok, you can have BB10 on your personal side too, if you really want to :-)

All Hail Thorsten. Mother and Father of my Beloved Z10.
    06-13-15 09:33 AM
    Sony insisted that it would not abandon its Beta recording system nor the customers who own Betamax recorders and cameras." . . . SONY, IN A SHIFT, TO MAKE VHS UNITS
    They even created a "dual boot" VCR which would accept both VHS and Beta format tapes so that their current customers could continue to make use of their Beta libraries and to use the more popular VHS format. It was the best of both worlds.

Just kidding. They never did that.
    Soulstream likes this.
    06-13-15 09:44 AM
551 ... 7891011 ...