07-23-15 05:38 AM
551 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    What do you mean by this?
    Apple plays in the profitable high end. They don't participate in the "race to the bottom". They are the exception. The same role they played in the PC hardware profits meltdown, they are mostly repeating now in phones. Android is "Windows". Apple is still Apple.
    06-24-15 03:38 PM
    There's a difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. Most of the pro Android supporters are always putting out destructive messages. CrackBerry mods may not see the difference between the two kinds of comments and the forum rules of open discussion, allows negative comments to pass through.

This reminds me of the time when Heinz was in power and CrackBerry became such a pessimistic place that so many threads got locked, many people stop coming to the site and Kevin took a stepped back. CrackBerry may not realize it but the site has a huge influence in BlackBerry success.
    Not sure which Craberrians have the correct vision that BlackBerry should follow.

- make a new 9000 running BB10
    - make a all touch version of the Passport
    -make all phones with removable batteries or the opposite.
    - have no runtime or join Android.
    -have a tool belt on all devices or none.
    - do not want a touch screen
    -make BB10 operate just like BBOS
    - continue to offer BIS for new phones
    -do not make a BlackBerry without a PKB
    -give up on PKB's
    -give up on the square screen vs work wide
    - BlackBerry phones are more secure than other consumer phones
    - the lack of sales is due to the lack of marketing
    - Consumers do not buy BlackBerry phones because they are not cool
    - Tools not toys

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 06-24-15 at 03:59 PM.
    DrBoomBotz and MarsupilamiX like this.
    06-24-15 03:45 PM
    They went from selling 1.6 million devices to only selling 1.1 million devices in only a few short months. In the previous quarter, they had the Passport and the Classic available for purchase, yet they still only managed to move 1.1 million units. They sold a half million fewer devices this last quarter than they did during the previous one. If that downward spiral continues, the next quarter earnings report will show 600,000 units sold and the next quarter after that will show them selling 100,000 units. After that....

Uhm, yea that is why people think hardware is going to be shut down.
    Or, does BlackBerry realize that they are not going to sell 10 million devices a year, shrink and outsource their hardware division and accept (for now?) Sales in the 4 - 5 million range. Keeps them in the hardware business without all the internal costs, and lets them focus on their core business. I don't know, I'm just offering another perspective.
    06-24-15 03:56 PM
    I don't think it's any of that....its all about the Apps. If blackberry can figure out a way to install Google, Facebook, snapchat etc....while maintaining security for researchers and CEOs that need to keep their info pretty much locked down if they choose...then they would have something.

Something tells me they have not quite ironed out a way to do that. CEOs, Bank execs, lawyers, researchers need a total way of keeping info locked down to prevent corporate spying, theft, espionage or their research stolen....thats the whole enchalada. As a side note, I wonder what kind of set up Hillary Clinton had/has....because even The US Government couldn't get into her emails or smartphone.

As Many trade secrets and Data theft incidents that have gone on over the years....its important to not have Flappy Birds or Whatever or Facebook/Twitter and Snapchat having access to your entire device...if you need stuff locked down. This leads me to believe certain people will always use Blackberry...even if the company drops from the stock market to a privately owned company....I think it will always be around. I could be wrong, but I use Blackberry to keep App invasivness out of my phone as much as possible.

Flying Spaghetti Monster running 10.3.2.840
    06-24-15 04:02 PM
    Or, does BlackBerry realize that they are not going to sell 10 million devices a year, shrink and outsource their hardware division and accept (for now?) Sales in the 4 - 5 million range. Keeps them in the hardware business without all the internal costs, and lets them focus on their core business. I don't know, I'm just offering another perspective.
    I think you might be correct. Could be perhaps an upgraded Leap and maybe a cheaper version of the Classic. Wistron used to make the 9900 so there is some hope there.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 04:04 PM
    I don't think it's any of that....its all about the Apps. If blackberry can figure out a way to install Google, Facebook, snapchat etc....while maintaining security for researchers and CEOs that need to keep their info pretty much locked down if they choose...then they would have something.

Something tells me they have not quite ironed out a way to do that. CEOs, Bank execs, lawyers, researchers need a total way of keeping info locked down to prevent corporate spying, theft, espionage or their research stolen....thats the whole enchalada. As a side note, I wonder what kind of set up Hillary Clinton had/has....because even The US Government couldn't get into her emails or smartphone.

As Many trade secrets and Data theft incidents that have gone on over the years....its important to not have Flappy Birds or Whatever or Facebook/Twitter and Snapchat having access to your entire device...if you need stuff locked down. This leads me to believe certain people will always use Blackberry...even if the company drops from the stock market to a privately owned company....I think it will always be around. I could be wrong, but I use Blackberry to keep App invasivness out of my phone as much as possible.

Blackberry has already found a way to secure google apps it's called sandboxing unfortunately running Andoid in a runtime goes against the OHA terms of service therefore no google services.

Back when BB10 was being developed Blackberry could have had native Google services and apps same way IOS did when Apple released the Iphone but unfortunately the old guard at Blackberry at that time were too narrow-minded and arrogant to cut a deal with Google.

You mentioned you use BlackBerry to keep invasive apps out of your phone as much as possible but unfortunately your in the minority as most users couldn't give a second thought about personal security they are even willing to sign away their personal data in order to download free and or freemium apps.

Loving my Passport!
    fishlove73 likes this.
    06-24-15 11:41 PM
    Apple plays in the profitable high end. They don't participate in the "race to the bottom". They are the exception. The same role they played in the PC hardware profits meltdown, they are mostly repeating now in phones. Android is "Windows". Apple is still Apple.
    In fact, to add a little more to this -- BlackBerry does not seem to be making any attempt to become more Apple-like in hardware design philosophy. Their moves lately seem to be trending towards ever cheaper devices. To me personally, this says they don't believe they have anything truly special to offer that commands a premium. Even the Passport, which I own, and which had good specs when released, was priced more mid range right?

They tried pricing high (PlayBook, first BB10 phones). The market said not worth it.

Perhaps later on they'll be able to build something in... that's truly special hardware-wise. But it needs to be on top of an OS that has apps and access to Google Play IF the customer so desires it.

Features like Touch ID (works really well) are differentiators that folks will pay extra for. But it takes (evidently) and enormous amount of effort and resources to execute stuff like that, at the right time, and correctly.
    06-25-15 02:28 PM
    The thing that kills me about BlackBerry right now is that the leadership does not seem passionate about BB10, and they have not for a long time.

Chen has consistently said something akin to "No options are off the table" or "I will stay in the hardware business if I can make it profitable." Would it have killed him to have said something along the lines of "We believe in BB10 as an operating system, we really do, and we are striving to increase market share and get it into the hands of as many people as possible"??

It feels like we on crackberry care more about handsets and BB10 than BlackBerry itself does.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and bigjman like this.
    06-25-15 05:17 PM
    The thing that kills me about BlackBerry right now is that the leadership does not seem passionate about BB10, and they have not for a long time.

Chen has consistently said something akin to "No options are off the table" or "I will stay in the hardware business if I can make it profitable." Would it have killed him to have said something along the lines of "We believe in BB10 as an operating system, we really do, and we are striving to increase market share and get it into the hands of as many people as possible"??

It feels like we on crackberry care more about handsets and BB10 than BlackBerry itself does.

Posted via CB10
    I truly think his goal of a software only company and the survival of the company in total are his true focus, given the unfortunate, dismal uptake of the BB 10 OS.
    06-25-15 05:52 PM
    I truly think his goal of a software only company and the survival of the company in total are his true focus, given the unfortunate, dismal uptake of the BB 10 OS.
    Truth is... most of us around here could care less if BlackBerry survives in name only.

Admittedly we are here because of BlackBerry hardware. Survival as something in name only, in a field none of us really care about... just means failure to us.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 06:43 PM
    Truth is... most of us around here could care less if BlackBerry survives in name only.

Admittedly we are here because of BlackBerry hardware. Survival as something in name only, in a field none of us really care about... just means failure to us.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. I want the hardware. But that's for those of us that realize BlackBerry is a superior phone. The CEO has mainly one overarching goal: make stockholders money. If that means (and I'm not yet 100% sure it does) f the hardware, then he'll do it.
    neoberry99 and bigjman like this.
    06-25-15 07:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I certainly don't care enough about BlackBerry 10 that I think BlackBerry should ride it to their grave. It's just an OS. It's a means to an end.

I do want them to make phones. Running whatever OS they can be most effective with. Without phones of some type there is not much reason to visit CrackBerry or participate in any of this. Other than from an investors perspective.

But I am not emotionally wed to BB10. Nor do I think BlackBerry should be. Just my opinion.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Coachbulldog and jegs2 like this.
    06-26-15 12:58 AM
    I certainly don't care enough about BlackBerry 10 that I think BlackBerry should ride it to their grave. It's just an OS. It's a means to an end.

I do want them to make phones. Running whatever OS they can be most effective with. Without phones of some type there is not much reason to visit CrackBerry or participate in any of this. Other than from an investors perspective.

But I am not emotionally wed to BB10. Nor do I think BlackBerry should be. Just my opinion.

I understand this perspective. But as a Nexus 6 owner I might disagree about the reason to visit crackberry. I do visit as a lover of BB but more and more I visit as a lover of a very quirky site that loves all tech and all personalities. This site is not easily duplicated anywhere. I come here before I go anywhere and it isn't based on OS of choice. It's just a great forum. It is similar to twit tv for me. This is the forum to beat all forums in my opinion.

06-26-15 01:19 AM
    BlackBerry is a company that has many rumors and speculation surrounding it, and according to the latest one, it seems that the Canadian company could be considering creating an Android handset.
    06-26-15 02:11 AM
    I hope that our BlackBerry devices runs Android because we need apps and quality

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 06:49 AM
    Admittedly we are here because of BlackBerry hardware.*
    *Designed and manufactured by Foxconn, Compal, and Wistron.
    06-26-15 06:58 AM
    He's not about to say it because it's not something he believes -- at least that's how it looks. Chen has never expressed much enthusiasm for BB10, and usually he avoids mentioning it at all. I think he sees BB10 as a big part off BlackBerry's problem, not the solution.
    JeepBB and Coachbulldog like this.
    06-26-15 07:06 AM
    *Designed and manufactured by Foxconn, Compal, and Wistron.
    I believe BlackBerry stated they will take care of design and then outsource production.

Via CB10 from Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2204
    06-26-15 07:34 AM
    There's a difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. Most of the pro Android supporters are always putting out destructive messages. CrackBerry mods may not see the difference between the two kinds of comments and the forum rules of open discussion, allows negative comments to pass through.

This reminds me of the time when Heinz was in power and CrackBerry became such a pessimistic place that so many threads got locked, many people stop coming to the site and Kevin took a stepped back. CrackBerry may not realize it but the site has a huge influence in BlackBerry success.
    Man there is a blast from the past - whatever happened to crackberry Kevin? If he now android Andy or something?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    trsbbs likes this.
    06-26-15 08:28 AM
    Man there is a blast from the past - whatever happened to crackberry Kevin? If he now android Andy or something?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Worlds Greatest Gadget Reviewer..... he is a busy guy these days. While I'm sure he still has a soft spot for BlackBerry, he always said they had one shot to relaunch the brand... and we know how that turned out.

Not sure that the CrackBerry Kevin monicker isn't something that he is working hard to get rid of.... as it's hard to be a Gadget person (and make a living) and really expect to be taken serious if you think BlackBerry is still cool.
    06-26-15 02:23 PM
    I hope that our BlackBerry devices runs Android because we need apps and quality

Posted via CB10
    Quality is there, Apps are not....

06-26-15 03:18 PM
    Quality is there, Apps are not....

I would like to draw your attention to this post http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11725717
    06-26-15 03:54 PM
    I would like to draw your attention to this post http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11725717
    I don't know why your drawing my attention to that post in which I have already read.??? I like BlackBerry, others like droid. As a person who likes BlackBerry and in line with the topic of THIS post I gave my opinion on the matter. Others like me are in the minority, but THIS is crackberry and I am offering an opinion on a Blackberry forum about what I think about a BLACKBERRY device running android. I can't help it if XDA Developers or Android central is not as interesting. Maybe XDA can be interesting though for those flashing images...or attempting to, to Hard bricked Droids :-)

06-26-15 07:29 PM
    I don't know why your drawing my attention to that post in which I have already read.??? I like BlackBerry, others like droid. As a person who likes BlackBerry and in line with the topic of THIS post I gave my opinion on the matter. Others like me are in the minority, but THIS is crackberry and I am offering an opinion on a Blackberry forum about what I think about a BLACKBERRY device running android. I can't help it if XDA Developers or Android central is not as interesting. Maybe XDA can be interesting though for those flashing images...or attempting to, to Hard bricked Droids :-)

Well then I will offer my opinion.
    I really liked many facets of the design of Tablet OS and BB10 but quality of implementation has not been very good from the outset and is only getting worse.
    Android does not set the bar very high but BB10 has been really good at doing the limbo.

BTW I am not an android fan.
    Its funny how some of the more fanatical Blackberry fans see anyone who is even slightly critical of Blackberry or BB10 as an android or IOS fanboy.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 06-26-15 at 07:51 PM.
    06-26-15 07:39 PM
    Well then I will offer my opinion.
    I really liked many facets of the design of Tablet OS and BB10 but quality of implementation has not been very good from the outset and is only getting worse.
    Android does not set the bar very high but BB10 has been really good at doing the limbo.

BTW I am not an android fan.
    Its funny how some of the more fanatical Blackberry fans see anyone who is even slightly critical of Blackberry or BB10 as an android or IOS fanboy.
    Because those same individuals give a very general critique all too frequently. Never adding how they have made their blackberries better. Any suggestions is to simply add Google play or offer a walled garden cloud. I don't come on and say " IOS is lame "and then proceed to speak in generals. Or "Android can never be secure"...and just offer more of the same over and over.

I don't go over to Imore and talk about how there is little to no difference between and Iphone 5s and an Iphone 6 other than a slightly larger screen and a re-labled dual core processor. Continue to Harp on lack of innovation. Or add a letter to the processor name...to make it only sound tons faster than it actually is. Or go over to Android central and constantly talk about Android bugs and XDA rooting fixes. I thought about just never responding to people trashing BB10 and not taking bait...but then I'm like "Naw, I'm not going to sit idle while people just trash the OS....all the time. It is the most stable OS I have used other than IOS. I have no stake in BB. I have not noticed a steep drop off in Apps based on what I personally use.
    BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-img_20150626_232433.png

BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-img_20150626_232428.png

BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-img_20150626_232422.png

BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-img_20150626_232417.png

BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-img_20150626_232439.png

I can get games and I can get social media....I choose not too. But people that "critique" Always claiming that the use BB...it's obvious they have not.

ArcPlug and Coachbulldog like this.
    06-26-15 11:30 PM
551 ... 1819202122 ...