07-23-15 06:38 AM
551 1234 ...
tools
    BlackBerry 2015 = Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.

Posted via CB10
    By exploring Android? I thought you considered them dead because they flubbed with BB10... Aren't you pro-Android? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-11-15 10:57 PM
    Relax...if any of you took a good look at screen grabs from video where BlackBerry showed off the 'slider' you would clearly see it's running BlackBerry 10. I call this a FUD
    06-11-15 11:15 PM
    So guys relax. I highly doubt this piece of news means we'll start seeing BlackBerries the 3 Android buttons and Google+ pre-installed.
    Android apps need the back button. Many Android users will also want a familiar UI.

If you're going "Android", users are going to expect all the Android features. When you can't say "OK Google" to activate Google Now like on many OEM's devices, users will complain.
    06-11-15 11:21 PM
    Wrong move i think..
    thymaster likes this.
    06-11-15 11:25 PM
    Imagine BB10 running a virtualized Android instance in its own, secure "sandbox". QNX excels at that sort of thing and it is probably the only way Android could ever be truly secured. Easily toggle between both environments. Run Android apps with a true native experience.

Seems like a win-win scenario.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    ptpete and BirdBruce like this.
    06-11-15 11:26 PM
    Because they can't make money with the superior OS? This will be the nail in the coffin. Blackberry sales will go to nothing, business customers that stuck with them through their incompetence will leave. However all the regulated markets that had to stick with BlackBerry due to security will be rejoicing and waiting for their iPhones to come in.

Posted via Z30
    Why do you think other countries Governments are using Blackberries with special security software? Because Apple and Android have proven that they can't. When countries decide that they actually WANT to get tapped and spied on then they will go with Iphone.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    thymaster likes this.
    06-11-15 11:27 PM
    BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-crackberry-image-48-.jpg

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 | CB Mod
    06-11-15 11:37 PM
    ^ nice photoshop ......
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-11-15 11:39 PM
    ^ nice photoshop ......
    Not me..Bla1ze

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 | CB Mod
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-11-15 11:40 PM
    Give me a blackberry passport with a proper camera running android and I will never want another phone...
    06-11-15 11:52 PM
    Why do you think other countries Governments are using Blackberries with special security software? Because Apple and Android have proven that they can't. When countries decide that they actually WANT to get tapped and spied on then they will go with Iphone.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    And what has that done for BlackBerry? Wow, governments depend on BlackBerry smartphones. That's swell, but over 99% of the world's population doesn't seem to want a BlackBerry's operating system. Kinda crazy isn't it?

Security! That super terrific advantage over the competition that has gotten BlackBerry less than 1% of the market!
    Coachbulldog, techvisor and cgk like this.
    06-11-15 11:58 PM
    Guess this rumors could be why we haven't seen anything on 10.4 yet

Posted via CB10
    06-12-15 12:05 AM
    I perceive Blackberry is exploring option to club BB10 & Android OS. I would prefer Hub & email system of BB10 OS integrated in android OS. Really it would be one of the best OS to be marketed.
    06-12-15 12:36 AM
    Guess this rumors could be why we haven't seen anything on 10.4 yet

Posted via CB10
    Makes sense. Even though I don't want it to

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    06-12-15 01:02 AM
    BlackBerry will be selling smartphones using three totally distinct incompatible mobile operating systems: 1) BBOS which, apparently, still sells a lot of devices; 2) BB10 which runs its current flagships. 3) Android which will run its newest flagship. Kind of a screwed up platform platform position if you ask me.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-12-15 01:06 AM
    Are BlackBerry really thinking about heading to Android??? This is not great news at all... too much resources has to be used to use that OS properly... iOS and our BB10 uses almost 75 percent less recourse and commands less hardware tech to run so buttery smooth like our devices do... this is not good for us...
    06-12-15 01:25 AM
    the reason I have a blackberry is because I cant stand droid or ios ..................I don't want a droid blackberry if it did happen I would not stay with blackberry as it wouldn't be blackberry any more
    06-12-15 01:44 AM
    I hope blackberry doesn't switch to android. I hope they continue developing the android runtime on bb10

Will John Chen release an android BlackBerry and say "this is only one phone and we will continue to develop bb10 and release bb10 phones"? And then never release another bb10?

Chen will not be successful by gutting the heart and soul of BlackBerry. He wants to pivot it into a software service company with BES as the main product, then sell the company for $15/ share or so
    But this strategy will not even accomplish that

BlackBerry needs a very long term strategy, and shouldn't just retreat from everything that can't be profitable in 12 months. As long as it's not hemorrhaging money keep it going

Retreating from the consumer market and native app development just alienated the hard core fans like everyone here who buy new phones when they come out .

Chen is just ruining this company step by step

Posted via CB10
    Katika99 likes this.
    06-12-15 01:56 AM
    Many have said I'm over reacting but if BlackBerry made any sort of android device I would not purchase it. I will only purchase BlackBerry 10 devices running their OS.

If it gets to a stage where I need an upgrade and BlackBerry doesn't have any BB10 devices left, ill move to IOS and I'm sure many others will to.

BlackBerry must stick with it, just just Millions of others have done. We believe in BlackBerry and they must have faith to. Don't pull out because things are getting hard.

Hope these are all rumours and the slider is a normal BB10 device!

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    FuzzyN3rd likes this.
    06-12-15 01:59 AM
    By exploring Android? I thought you considered them dead because they flubbed with BB10... Aren't you pro-Android? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
    You've got me confused with someone else. I'm very pro BB10... just ticked at BlackBerry for mismanagement.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-12-15 02:41 AM
    Total BS. Unless BlackBerry wants to produce hardware equal or better than the top line android stuff on the market now they won't sell one unit. Frankly they would have to make stuff a half generation better to overcome the branding weaknesses. Not gonna happen. Death.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2204
    Note that they did not issue a blanket denial in their reponse.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-12-15 02:44 AM
    I for one am excited about this. I use a Leap with full access to Google Play and as long as the Hub remains I would buy it. A new BlackBerry 5 inch Samsung Super AMOLED display wit BlackBerry Hub and gesture overlay on Android 5.x.... Yes Sir

Posted via CB10
    I'd be more excited if they make current hardware like the Passport able to install a use a new blackberry android OS. But of course they won't. New hardware our no new OS I expect.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-12-15 02:47 AM
    When HTC and Sony is on the verge of Bankrupt for supporting Android, BlackBerry wants to come in now and compete against Samsung and rising Chinese company. Really is BlackBerry looking for a quick and easy death wish?

BlackBerry hardware is nowhere near any of the Asian hardware companies. I buy a BlackBerry for BB10, not for an Android phone lack hardware specs.
    Katika99 and deiop like this.
    06-12-15 03:21 AM
    Everyone here considering that choosing Android is like BlackBerry going to selling device easy.
    Maybe you forgot but HTC is in trouble and not only they. And they produced a smartphone with a very good quality.

Second choose Android is like to confirm that BB10 is a failure. On BB10 you can have Android apps already, but this isn't enough for selling devices so this BB10 is a fail. It's this what the media and people think if they do.

Third also if they maintain BB10, they are focus primary on Android device for consumers, the devs still here, sure are going to leaving because BlackBerry has choose different option and the users also are going to leave. Why prefer BB10, when the primary target is a fork of Android?

Really this is a bad move. Everyone know we can't have all apps, but with some little investment the situation can change completely. The perception of devs with this move going to changed and the users and media seeing new apps on the store are going to understand BB10 is growing.

This move it's like Microsoft announcing tommorow they choose to use Android primary for consumers and Windows 10 for business. It's like to confirm Windows Phone has failed they objective.
    If this is the plan of John Chen.. Well what a joke.

NB. Don't forgot, if you think BB10 is still has a primary importance after an Android smartphone, you are living in a dream. Today BlackBerry still hasn't update the roadmap of development, the framework for native development is EOL by the end of year and this is happening now. Imagine what happens after the announcement of an Android fork. BB10 is going to be trashed in the toilet.
    thymaster likes this.
    06-12-15 03:31 AM
    Will it be running BlackBerry Muffin or BlackBerry Ice Cream ?
    ehroberts and Paul86 like this.
    06-12-15 03:50 AM
551 1234 ...