07-23-15 05:38 AM
551 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Google is in, as is Samsung. We've heard these things are going on between them for months. Google makes the rules. Google says it's fine. Okay. Things change, Samsung needs some gravy on those fries. That's it. They ran to Google daddy and got it.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 05:55 PM
    Think of it this way....

Android on blackberry? = good for sales..... (but bb will then betray themselves...)

Would you want android on blackberry? (not a chance....) = defeats the purpose of a blackberry... security
    06-16-15 06:40 PM
    Think of it this way....

Android on blackberry? = good for sales..... (but bb will then betray themselves...)

Would you want android on blackberry? (not a chance....) = defeats the purpose of a blackberry... security
    I don't think it will boost sales the way some folks do, but I'm fairly certain that if a guarantee could be made to BBRY shareholders that adopting Android would help the company flourish, they'd do it in a heartbeat, all "security" ignored.
    06-16-15 06:49 PM
    BlackBerry ain't one of those..... Chen is a businessman, and he gets a NICE big bonus if the company is sold. Right now the alternative seems to be a long slow process of recovery to a stable company - but not to the once mighty BlackBerry that was.
    There's more to this equation than cash.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 08:20 PM
    There's more to this equation than cash.
    Not sure about that. Money seems to be the driver in pretty much all corporate decisions these days (whether it's for the share holders, somebody's own pocket, or...).
    06-16-15 08:59 PM
    May I ask if they ever hinted that BlackBerry Limited is going to adopt certified Android OS (like Samsung, Lenovo, Huawei, LG, et al.) or forked Android OS (like Amazon, Nokia / Microsoft (discontinued), Blackphone, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Meizu, et al.)?

Attachment 357685
    Sorry for late reply, been busy and I am not around not he forums as much these days.

The main play for android will be to individually target the consumer market by adopting an OS with a broad user base. According to OHA rules, I don't know whether the Android run time can stay.

So imo if they are making a play for android, logic would dictate that they can still keep BB10, albeit without the Android run time right? Android sets for consumer and BB10 for enterprise right? Thats my thinking anyway, just using logic for that bit that I mentioned.

But I do know of one specific model on which they are testing the andoird OS and it isn't the slider. Unless plans changed since last time I checked in.

Please add me as well. Have a few questions for ya! pin:334C569B

Posted via CB10
    Just PM if anything but I don't have a lot of details to be honest, and I would also hesitate to post anything that might jeopardize my friends' employment or negatively affect them in anyway. But I can say that they are seriously looking into it, one specific model planned for the market and they are not f****** around (BBRY I mean). They know what their strengths are and I have a feeling they will be really playing to the strengths. If you can't beat them, join them right?

What's your name?
    Where you from?
    LOL Bruh you so thirsty
    06-16-15 09:13 PM
    , on the other Android, colourful and fun!!

BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-3ffc7cc59c38a76eeb98def935bbf925.jpg

Posted via my awesome Classic
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-17-15 04:12 AM
    Sorry for late reply, been busy and I am not around not he forums as much these days.
    The main play for android will be to individually target the consumer market by adopting an OS with a broad user base. According to OHA rules, I don't know whether the Android run time can stay.
    So imo if they are making a play for android, logic would dictate that they can still keep BB10, albeit without the Android run time right? Android sets for consumer and BB10 for enterprise right? Thats my thinking anyway, just using logic for that bit that I mentioned.
    Interesting.
    If (just if) they find a way to run Android and BB10 on a dual boot or hypervisor device - just without Android runtime on BB10 - they could remove the Android ports from BB World and put them into a BlackBerry Android store. So user can install their purchased Android ports on the Android section of the device. But these apps will no longer interact with the BB10 section...
    Hmmm....
    06-17-15 04:29 AM
    Got this from another thread
    BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-crackberry-image.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 04:30 AM
    BlackBerry considering Android for upcoming handset-leap-android-mockup.jpeg
    Yep I saw leap running Android Too

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680 Red | CB Mod
    06-17-15 04:33 AM
    10.4 powered by Android!
    06-17-15 04:37 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Leap-Android-Mockup.jpeg 
Views:	2145 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	358023

Looks hideous!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-17-15 05:50 AM

Honestly, if they have android M running on the Leap, that's really, really good. It means they are able to push out new builds fairly quickly
    06-17-15 07:06 AM
    Honestly, if they have android M running on the Leap, that's really, really good. It means they are able to push out new builds fairly quickly
    Just a screenshot

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 07:10 AM
    Just a screenshot

Posted via CB10
    Well even lollipop on the passport is better than a lot of current android manufacturers. And the passport photo looks legit, the model number is SQW and there's a BlackBerry symbol next to WiFi. And no, that's not the symbol when BBM is running on an android device
    06-17-15 07:16 AM
    Well even lollipop on the passport is better than a lot of current android manufacturers.
    Better Android than Android?
    06-17-15 07:44 AM
    May I ask if your photo is real (, I mean, not produced by Adobe Photoshop . . .) ?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 10:59 AM
    May I ask if your photo is real (, I mean, not produced by Adobe Photoshop . . .) ?

Posted via CB10
    It was the cover photo on a post on this site. I really think that's just a screenshot open on the device. You really think Android M would be in development for a BlackBerry when it's just been released in preview for 4 devices

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 11:06 AM
    Better Android than Android?

Hardware Specs..... going to be hard to hide from them like many tried with BB10.
    06-17-15 11:11 AM

Hardware Specs..... going to be hard to hide from them like many tried with BB10.
    The rumoured slider specs are certainly respectable, even in Android land
    06-17-15 11:36 AM
    ... like BB and your carrier do with your Z10?

If you really cared about those things, you'd never own a cell phone, because carriers have been doing this before smartphones even hit the market, and BB's Terms Of Service read almost identical to Apple's, Google's, and Microsoft's about collecting your data and location and being able to sell anonymized versions of that data to third parties.
    Comparing elephants with mouses, just because both are mammals?

Google is doing so much more invasive tracking and profiling than any other company, with multiple tools.

Yes, my carrier knows all my locations, but although this is already a certain concern, it's still harmless compared to the possibilities Google has.

And yes, if I activate certain cloud services in BB 10 (all disabled by default) then BlackBerry could start some profiling, but never to the same degree like Google does.

If Blackberry would start heavy tracking then their stock should go up, but it's simply not their main business model and they obviously don't make much money with it.

PS: And yes, I follow closely stories like this here and would stop using a smartphone if the tracking would escalate:
    http://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-op...cking-program/

Don't get me wrong I use some Google services on a regular base, but I stay away from Android and GMail just to have a safety buffer between my privacy and their algorithms.
    I mean if I would start using Android and other products it would be a pure math war that I couldn't win.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 11:56 AM
    Got this from another thread

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	799 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	358020

Posted via CB10
    This confirms what I have heard, I have heard only about the one device running it. Don't know if they plan to expand it or have already done so. I only get bits and pieces

Hmm, Usman how legit is this? I only thought they were only seriously considering Oslo?
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-17-15 12:08 PM
    Why would anyone buy a BlackBerry piece of hardware running Android when there are so many other choices out there...dumb move.

Posted via CB10
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    06-17-15 04:50 PM
    Why would anyone buy a BlackBerry piece of hardware running Android when there are so many other choices out there...dumb move.

Posted via CB10
    Not many with a good PKB.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-17-15 04:51 PM
    Not many with a good PKB.

Posted via CB10
    Actually there is no GOOD pkb Android at all.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-17-15 05:14 PM
551 ... 1314151617 ...