07-23-15 05:38 AM
551 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    The BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd spend hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year posting their displeasure with everything BlackBerry. I hope they get paid
    I see the opposite in these posts. I see a lot of frustrated BlackBerry fans who have no control over what's going on, sharing their opinions and feelings on what may happen, what they wish would happen, and how they might still be able to enjoy the BlackBerry experience even if only a small piece of it is left for them as consumers after all of this is said and done!
    06-13-15 08:56 PM
    Why would anyone buy a BlackBerry running Android over a Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    06-13-15 09:03 PM
    Blackberry fans are just a minority compared to android and iOS.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 09:06 PM
    I think an Android phone for consumers is fine. For those mostly interested in games and social media. Then for the professional they could offer BlackBerry Pro, which would be BB10.

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.440
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-13-15 09:27 PM
    Just wanted to pop by and say that I have been talking to some buddies who work at BlackBerry and lets just say that there is more to the rumour than meets the eye. These are the same folks that gave me the heads up that older generation BB10 phones were getting 10.3.1 and not 10.3, weeks before the official announcement and told me about the passport when it was just a rumour and when only parts were leaking.

All I have to say to naysayers that I am sorry but it looks like its gonna happen. I only hope that BB10 is not sacrificed for this...
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 06-13-15 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added older generation
    06-13-15 09:41 PM
    I am disappointed in Chen already. There has been zero marketing dollars for bb10 handsets. There is no push at all to get them out to the public. Just when people are getting tired of IOS and all its bugs. The novelty of IOS is off and there is an opening for BB10 but Chen does not see it. So sad.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the iPhone has never been as popular as it is today. No amount of marketing will be able to successfully complete with that right now.

Chen has done and is doing what it takes to save the company, and trying to compete directly with Apple and Google in the consumer market would most certainly kill what little is left of their handset business.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    06-13-15 09:52 PM
    Just wanted to pop by and say that I have been talking to some buddies who work at BlackBerry and lets just say that there is more to the rumour than meets the eye. These are the same folks that gave me the heads up that older generation BB10 phones were getting 10.3.1 and not 10.3, weeks before the official announcement and told me about the passport when it was just a rumour and when only parts were leaking.

All I have to say to naysayers that I am sorry but it looks like its gonna happen. I only hope that BB10 is not sacrificed for this...
    Any clue how this will happen? Will they remove android runtime from bb10? Just curious

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 | CB Mod
    06-13-15 09:56 PM
    Any clue how this will happen? Will they remove android runtime from bb10? Just curious

PM your bbm please. I have Sallyna on BBM as well so she can verify
    06-13-15 10:02 PM
    PM your bbm please. I have Sallyna on BBM as well so she can verify
    Well I'm surprised you know my wife pin:2B832EE5 please add me

Mecca EL likes this.
    06-13-15 10:04 PM
    Well I'm surprised you know my wife pin:2B832EE5 please add me

I was part of the Singapore chat group and she was the admin there so I have her as a contact

Edit: added you
    06-13-15 10:15 PM
    !

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:29 PM
    What if... the whole android rumor is a distorted version of the real story? EX. There was a rumor with the Bada OS that it could run Android apps, turns out it was a highly distorted version of the real story (which was devs could develop apps for the OS using android programming language - can't quite remember the original story).. so just like that rumor, what if the original story is BlackBerry developing better android runtime for the next version of BlackBerry10 and the story kept spreading rather inaccurately until Reuters heard about it from their unknown source? I know the possibility of this being real is very small... but just what if?

 1 of the 40,000 korean BlackBerry user  3-10-Slider 
    06-13-15 11:10 PM
    What if... the whole android rumor is a distorted version of the real story? EX. There was a rumor with the Bada OS that it could run Android apps, turns out it was a highly distorted version of the real story (which was devs could develop apps for the OS using android programming language - can't quite remember the original story).. so just like that rumor, what if the original story is BlackBerry developing better android runtime for the next version of BlackBerry10 and the story kept spreading rather inaccurately until Reuters heard about it from their unknown source? I know the possibility of this being real is very small... but just what if?
    Then, we are back at where we were before, since IMO a better runtime alone is not going to be enough to change BlackBerry's position!
    06-13-15 11:27 PM
    Those of you who say you're ok with using Android as long as you can keep your Hub: are you still ok with it if it's a normal stand-alone app you have to tap on to open from the Home screen, rather than swiping into it from any app as you do now?

Posted via CB10
    No way, but then again I'm kinda partial to just pure BB10.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    06-13-15 11:42 PM

It is as clear cut as the rumour says, no distorted truths I am afraid. Plans change all the time but thats where it stands now.
    06-14-15 12:09 AM
    I see the opposite in these posts. I see a lot of frustrated BlackBerry fans who have no control over what's going on, sharing their opinions and feelings on what may happen, what they wish would happen, and how they might still be able to enjoy the BlackBerry experience even if only a small piece of it is left for them as consumers after all of this is said and done!
    Exactly!

But BlackBerry are to stubborn to listen... and realize what could have been... Chen is too busy becoming a software company because that is all he knows.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:27 AM
    I see a lot of Android and Apple fans coming over to CB like some kind of Pi s s ing contest. There's still people out there using 8300 series....they just simply like their phones. Nobody here is really worried about android coming to BlackBerry. As long as there are rich people, corporate execs, lawyers and researchers out there that want their information NOT shared with Google or Apple....blackberry will be around. And as far as us regular consumers....some of us like our info locked down as well. Privacy and security is an ongoing struggle to keep it, I'm just glad blackberry is there for me.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    Draven2666 likes this.
    06-14-15 12:38 AM
    I see a lot of Android and Apple fans coming over to CB like some kind of Pi s s ing contest. There's still people out there using 8300 series....they just simply like their phones. Nobody here is really worried about android coming to BlackBerry. As long as there are rich people, corporate execs, lawyers and researchers out there that want their information NOT shared with Google or Apple....blackberry will be around. And as far as us regular consumers....some of us like our info locked down as well. Privacy and security is an ongoing struggle to keep it, I'm just glad blackberry is there for me.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    100% agreed.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:46 AM
    Then, we are back at where we were before, since IMO a better runtime alone is not going to be enough to change BlackBerry's position!
    Right... but is using Android a better choice? If BlackBerry's biggest problem on the consumer market is being ignored, then I believe it will do BlackBerry more harm.. because they would still make the similar amount of profit from hardware business and less in the contents business (by this I mean profit(fee) from the BlackBerry world) Also that using android would mean having less control on their devices, which might ruin company name even more if things go wrong with the Android software...

06-14-15 12:48 AM
    Right... but is using Android a better choice? If BlackBerry's biggest problem on the consumer market is being ignored, then I believe it will do BlackBerry more harm.. because they would still make the similar amount of profit from hardware business and less in the contents business (by this I mean profit(fee) from the BlackBerry world) Also that using android would mean having less control on their devices, which might ruin company name even more if things go wrong with the Android software...

It goes without saying that they are exploring all options and nothing is off the table. IMO its better to be prepared for everything. Flexibility and adaptability is something that will be needed for them to survive in this shifting landscape. After all, wasn't it their decision to not adapt that got them into this situation in the first place?

I am sure they don't want to make the same mistake twice
    06-14-15 12:56 AM
    It goes without saying that they are exploring all options and nothing is off the table. IMO its better to be prepared for everything. Flexibility and adaptability is something that will be needed for them to survive in this shifting landscape. After all, wasn't it their decision to not adapt that got them into this situation in the first place?

I am sure they don't want to make the same mistake twice
    Completely agreeing! Sacrificing the OS (although not my favorite option) seems much better than Sacrificing the company as a whole
    As long as BlackBerry is around BlackBerry will be my number one option when getting a smartphone.

06-14-15 01:06 AM
    Exactly!

But BlackBerry are to stubborn to listen... and realize what could have been... Chen is too busy becoming a software company because that is all he knows.

Posted via CB10
    Now you've lost me again. It's almost certain they're exploring Android as a consumer play in handsets, and keeping BB10 alive (on a slower development path) while trying to grow out software as a service to replace lost revenues in BIS as they migrate users from legacy BBOS. They're also porting over all of their crown jewels from BBM to the BlackBerry experience (keyboard, hub, etc) to all platforms and making a serious attempt by adapting to each platform's design paradigm. They're also expanding BES to manage all platforms in mobile as well as trying to grow it to other devices in anticipation of IoT...

What, on earth, is BlackBerry not doing at the moment to try and build out their business? That's assuming we're all grounded in reality and recognize that their competition (Google, Apple, Microsoft) are sitting on a Mount Everest sized mountain of cash and can outspend them in every single way? Seriously, elaborate on what they're not doing that they could be doing to try and keep in the game.

And please, don't say a high end all touch device, lol.
    Maksimfa likes this.
    06-14-15 01:10 AM
    Why would anyone buy a BlackBerry running Android over a Samsung?

Posted via CB10
    Because there are people out there who don't like Samsung and their TouchWiz skin. There are people out there either already on Android or contemplating Android who have fond memories of BlackBerry but no interest in BB10.
    toneytone and crackfinder like this.
    06-14-15 01:11 AM
    Peoples buy BlackBerry cause UI and Security better than Android, BB10 can run Android apps it's just excess of QNX.
    06-14-15 01:22 AM
    Completely agreeing! Sacrificing the OS (although not my favorite option) seems much better than Sacrificing the company as a whole
    As long as BlackBerry is around BlackBerry will be my number one option when getting a smartphone.

Yes, I agree, it would be the lesser of two evils. But to put this out there, I want BB10 to stay around. I was a long time iPhone user for many years before I picked up a used Bold 9900 off craigslist and never looked back since. My eyes were opened for the first time how security is an important thing to consider when choosing a phone.

I was on vacation in New York and was using an open public wifi connection with my iPhone 4 at a mall. And other places as well. BIG MISTAKE. Credit card info was stolen and had to deal with charges on my card that thrives stole from my phone. My card was linked to my iTunes account so they somehow got to that. So from then on I decided to never use these public wifi connections unless its unavoidable or an emergency and to get a secure phone. My best friend all through medical school was a die hard BlackBerry Fan and we all kind of teased him about being a dinosaur haha. But the more I saw him use it, the more I was intrigued by it. So when it came to ditching my phone after the credit card fiasco, I decided to go black. Picked up a used Bold 9900 and have been a fan ever since. Since then I have bought the Z10 and now the Z30, which I have been using for 2 years.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I really don't want BB10 to go. But if its a choice of android as it stands today VS android secured by BlackBerry I would go with the latter. Lesser of two evils again. its all relative unfortunately. I for one am not too thrilled about it. Earlier I may have posted that I wanted to jump ship and I am glad they are going android, but upon reflecting why I went with blackberry in the first place, it became clear to me that only they provide the phones that serve my needs. I am your typical mid twenties media savvy individual and I don't really miss apps all that much. I used to download tons of apps on my iPhone and I would use maybe a few on a regular basis. With my blackberry device many of the things I needed apps for is built into the system so it honestly makes my life easier.

Sorry to go off on a rant, but I am honestly hoping that they keep BB10 around, however they can. Even its only their enterprise specific (read higher priced) models I would rather get those. Better than nothing in the end.
    Last edited by vegetto_456; 06-14-15 at 02:11 AM. Reason: fixed network to New York
    06-14-15 01:24 AM
551 ... 910111213 ...