07-23-15 06:38 AM
551 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I specifically chose BlackBerry 10 NOT to use Google services.

If BlackBerry starts using Android, I will have to reluctantly move to Windows Phone.

Posted via CB10
    Ya. I avoid Google as much as possible. They have become another wing of the US government.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 10:13 AM
    You've got me confused with someone else. I'm very pro BB10... just ticked at BlackBerry for mismanagement.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Been painful watching the company shoot itself in the foot constantly. BB10 is great, but every single one of Chen's decisions since taking over have not been about advancing BB10, they have been about selling software to support other platforms. When Chen came on board, Bb10 had only been out for 10 months, and 10.2, the first great build of the OS was being launched quietly on the Z30 in a market that couldn't afford the device. People here praise Chen like they did Heins, but I have a feeling his name will be hated by all but the BlackBerry investors, and that is only if he make SAAS work. People who wanted BlackBerry to put effort into BB10 and make it successful will be disappointed.

Posted via Z30
    thymaster likes this.
    06-13-15 11:41 AM
    I am disappointed in Chen already. There has been zero marketing dollars for bb10 handsets. There is no push at all to get them out to the public. Just when people are getting tired of IOS and all its bugs. The novelty of IOS is off and there is an opening for BB10 but Chen does not see it. So sad.
    thymaster and Maxxxpower like this.
    06-13-15 11:57 AM
    Same here. Android is really just spyware. I don't see why people love it. Its messy in the interface, it takes too much resources to run. If I am going to go without BB10, then I am going with pure linux like an ubuntu phone. Too bad webos died. I still miss that one.

Ya. I avoid Google as much as possible. They have become another wing of the US government.

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    06-13-15 12:01 PM
    I am disappointed in Chen already. There has been zero marketing dollars for bb10 handsets. There is no push at all to get them out to the public. Just when people are getting tired of IOS and all its bugs. The novelty of IOS is off and there is an opening for BB10 but Chen does not see it. So sad.
    What would he market?

I don't think the buying public is as tired of iOS as you think (quite the opposite it seems); even if that were the case, there are other alternatives that are there.
    06-13-15 12:12 PM
    FUD strategically released much like the old Samsung buyout rumour during BlackBerry's blackout period before the earnings release. Oddly enough, from the same unnamed source and reported by the same outlet.
    This new rumor is of completely different nature than the Samsung one. Ignoring source's motive, the direct impact of a buyout rumor on BBRY stock value is that BBRY will rise close to the rumored offering price.

The price impact of this rumor is nothing. Investors have no attachment to BB10. Some think BBRY will be better off selling Android handsets while others fear that going Android would signify BBRY has failed and has no chance at a turnaround.
    06-13-15 12:14 PM
    People here praise Chen like they did Heins, but I have a feeling his name will be hated by all but the BlackBerry investors, and that is only if he make SAAS work. People who wanted BlackBerry to put effort into BB10 and make it successful will be disappointed.

Posted via Z30
    In reality, all that matters is the investors are happy. Whether BB10 is successful or not is irrelevant and it does not matter whether the BlackBerry loyalists here on CrackBerry hate John Chen. Regardless of how he accomplishes it, if John Chen returns BlackBerry to being a profitable corporation, he will revered by the only people that matter.
    Laura Knotek and mmcfly23 like this.
    06-13-15 12:51 PM
    Oh yeah, making Android Phones is a great idea. Everyone is making huge profit with Android Hardware. Ask Sony, HTC,...

The opposite is true: let Xiomi, Samsung, Lenovo, HTC... make Hardware for BlackBerry 10. Maybe they can even use the exact same Hardware like HTC does for Android/Windows Phone. Do it like Google and the Nexus Line.

BlackBerry - stop making hardware, let others build hardware for your Ecosystem and focus on Software. Give them the know how for pkb. Period.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 12:55 PM
    I don't like the idea of someone watching every step and direction I moved

Z10
    06-13-15 01:05 PM
    This makes sense to me given the challenge BB10 has faced. I'm no techie and still use a bold 9900. Why can't Blackberry stick to the communication function of the smartphone only? Basically, cede the OS to Andriod and maintain the messaging (email & BBM) in a Blackberry form. I think Blackberry could provide the security people want from a communication standpoint and could charge for it directly. They could re-establish secure BIS for non-corporate customers (between all Blackberry customers) and maintain BES for corporate. With BIS, they could bring back compression advantages for people who travel. Anyway, that would be my dream scenario. Not saying it's going to happen. By BIS, I don't mean severs located at the carriers, but rather a distribution of servers located and scalable where customers are located.
    06-13-15 01:37 PM
    There was tons of marketing in the beginning for the Z10 and Q10. So much that I actually got sick of seeing the "Keep Moving" ads on TV.

And then there was that Super Bowl commercial. Oh my.
    06-13-15 01:45 PM
    Chen stated from day one that he's dropping consumer support as that's not where BBRY's emphasis should be. Every significant investor/shareholder agrees. So how exactly can you be disappointed with him for doing exactly as he said he would? Sure.. YOU might wish to see BBRY push for public/consumer consumption. But that would require you to completely ignore their planned direction in favor of what you want. It just doesn't work that way. And with iOS sales being on the rise (which it has continuously done from day one) and selling in record numbers, how do you conclude that the iOS novelty has warn off and the people are tired of it?

Penned via Tapatalk
    06-13-15 03:21 PM
    Chen stated from day one that he's dropping consumer support as that's not where BBRY's emphasis should be. Every significant investor/shareholder agrees. So how exactly can you be disappointed with him for doing exactly as he said he would? Sure.. YOU might wish to see BBRY push for public/consumer consumption. But that would require you to completely ignore their planned direction in favor of what you want. It just doesn't work that way. And with iOS sales being on the rise (which it has continuously done from day one) and selling in record numbers, how do you conclude that the iOS novelty has warn off and the people are tired of it?

Penned via Tapatalk
    That's not what Chen said in his interview.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.
    06-13-15 04:52 PM
    Those of you who say you're ok with using Android as long as you can keep your Hub: are you still ok with it if it's a normal stand-alone app you have to tap on to open from the Home screen, rather than swiping into it from any app as you do now?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:00 PM
    Those of you who say you're ok with using Android as long as you can keep your Hub: are you still ok with it if it's a normal stand-alone app you have to tap on to open from the Home screen, rather than swiping into it from any app as you do now?

Posted via CB10
    Sure.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:11 PM
    Yea these rumor threads are starting to be out of control and people are starting to make up stories and lies to prove they are right all the time. Crackberry is no longer a fun place to hang in my opinion. I hope Blaze starts an initiative to lock all these threads up before it gets too hostile.

That's not what Chen said in his interview.

ρō┬Єđ bұ mұ Ů ρÚρōЯ┬.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 05:25 PM
    Quot homines tot sententiae....

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-13-15 05:39 PM
    Yea these rumor threads are starting to be out of control and people are starting to make up stories and lies to prove they are right all the time. Crackberry is no longer a fun place to hang in my opinion. I hope Blaze starts an initiative to lock all these threads up before it gets too hostile.
    Just when it was getting interesting! lol
    06-13-15 05:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hostile? Far from it. At this point, it's entertainment.

BBRY can let out a lot of the air from this if it so chooses.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-13-15 05:57 PM
    I think that an Android phone is the wrong way to go because I think that will divert to much resources from their key development areas. Doing dual operating system will rather mean that both of them will be half baked with a resource limited company like Blackberry. Unless they outsource it to India or something but that has other problems with it instead.

I would rather see that Blackberry starts a partnership with Samsung because I think that Blackberry doesn't have the capacity to renew their HW devices fast enough. It was like that with Nokia Symbian where they reused the same platform for years which was in the end too underpowered. If Blackberry would partner up with Samsung then Blackberry could focus more on their key areas which is BB10 and corporate SW solution while maintaining a high throughput of new models which also be more cost effective.
    thymaster likes this.
    06-13-15 06:53 PM
    I think that an Android phone is the wrong way to go because I think that will divert to much resources from their key development areas. Doing dual operating system will rather mean that both of them will be half baked with a resource limited company like Blackberry. Unless they outsource it to India or something but that has other problems with it instead.

I would rather see that Blackberry starts a partnership with Samsung because I think that Blackberry doesn't have the capacity to renew their HW devices fast enough. It was like that with Nokia Symbian where they reused the same platform for years which was in the end too underpowered. If Blackberry would partner up with Samsung then Blackberry could focus more on their key areas which is BB10 and corporate SW solution while maintaining a high throughput of new models which also be more cost effective.
    I'm not a fan of going Android. I like platform diversity.

I don't think a partnership with Samsung will work to benefit BBRY too much... at least not in the classic sense of the word "partnership."

I don't see how it helps Samsung and BBRY at the same time. I've been wrong before though.
    06-13-15 07:43 PM
    If you can't beat them then join them.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-15 08:34 PM
    What would he market?

I don't think the buying public is as tired of iOS as you think (quite the opposite it seems); even if that were the case, there are other alternatives that are there.
    The buying public is sick of ios and people are switching to android . I used to have an iphone6 and now I have a passport. My friends all had iphones and now no one has iphones. Apples ios is a dead OS as market shares falls everyday.

Posted via CB10
    ArcPlug likes this.
    06-13-15 08:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    The BlackBerry can't do anything right crowd spend hour after hour, day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year posting their displeasure with everything BlackBerry. I hope they get paid

Posted via CB10
    thymaster likes this.
    06-13-15 08:46 PM
    The buying public is sick of ios and people are switching to android . I used to have an iphone6 and now I have a passport. My friends all had iphones and now no one has iphones. Apples ios is a dead OS as market shares falls everyday.

Posted via CB10
    Yet their user base and sales continue to increase every quarter and every iPhone revision. They have the money to do a transition properly unlike BlackBerry. He'll they could buy BlackBerry if what you say is true and own Enterprise and still have the developers working for them first. They are likely reaching a saturation point in their high end sales model, where Android has the mid and low end locked up. High end Android sales are not increasing as much. GS5 sold less than GS4, and they are predicting the GS6/Edge will sell 5 Million more units than the 4, but they didn't plan for the Edge to be in such demand and can't make enough screens to support demand, which also doesn't bode well for the Slider to arrive on time.

Posted via Z30
    06-13-15 09:13 PM
551 ... 89101112 ...