01-12-15 03:15 PM
250 ... 678910
tools
    Since everyone is talking about which phone they saw then, I only saw 3 WP users and about 24 BlackBerry10 users in 3 different countries.

Posted via CB10
    And I saw 11597 wp users and 147 BB10 users in 26 different countries.
    01-21-14 05:59 PM
    I think WP is hands down better then ios but it is to little too late for them. Just like BlackBerry they can to late to the party. Even though bb10 and Wp8 Is better then ios people want apps and WP doesn't have any.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:15 PM
    I think WP is hands down better then ios but it is to little too late for them. Just like BlackBerry they can to late to the party. Even though bb10 and Wp8 Is better then ios people want apps and WP doesn't have any.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunate it's not. WP 8 still lacks many features present in other platforms. Apparently 8.1 is supposed to change that.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-21-14 06:19 PM
    Unfortunate it's not. WP 8 still lacks many features present in other platforms. Apparently 8.1 is supposed to change that.
    Oh no not another promise from Microsoft? We seen that story told again and again and again. It's going to be different this time...lol

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    No its not to late for Microsoft or BlackBerry, everything is possible in Mobile world. It was not to Late for Apple in 2007 where Nokia was Smartphone Leader and now? Wait till BUILD in April and let see what MS has to offer. And it seems BlackBerry is on the right way too.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:27 PM
    And I saw 11597 wp users and 147 BB10 users in 26 different countries.
    Are you trying to say something with your sarcastic post?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am not 'trying' to say something. I already said it. And what makes you think my post is sarcastic? If you think I was being dishonest with the numbers then so were you.
    JeepBB and bbhuh like this.
    01-22-14 04:17 AM
    No its not to late for Microsoft or BlackBerry, everything is possible in Mobile world. It was not to Late for Apple in 2007 where Nokia was Smartphone Leader and now? Wait till BUILD in April and let see what MS has to offer. And it seems BlackBerry is on the right way too.
    Mobile world needs more competitors. We need to break the duopoly before it's too late and leads to monotony and lack of inovation.
    And I'm not only supporting BlackBerry here; I want WP to stay in the race, I want newcomers to be able to enter the dance, I want Android to be something else than GoogleSam, I want new OSes, new Platforms !
    01-22-14 04:26 AM
    Oh no not another promise from Microsoft? We seen that story told again and again and again. It's going to be different this time...lol

Posted via CB10
    Another unintentionally ironic post... keep it up, you seem to be on a roll.

In the last few years I've heard many promises from BB that were broken, mostly to do with the PB... yet I can't recall one broken promise from MS.

Maybe one of us is delusional?

JBB
    Last edited by JeepBB; 01-22-14 at 12:50 PM.
    propeller10 likes this.
    01-22-14 04:54 AM
    Mobile world needs more competitors. We need to break the duopoly before it's too late and leads to monotony and lack of inovation.
    And I'm not only supporting BlackBerry here; I want WP to stay in the race, I want newcomers to be able to enter the dance, I want Android to be something else than GoogleSam, I want new OSes, new Platforms !
    Sadly, because I agree with you, I reckon its already too late to break the duopoly.

I'm not sure there is room for more than two in mobile... any number 3 will overtime hope to become #2... but that simply establishes another different duopoly.

#3 and #4 position is an irrelevant competition in terms of interest except that #3 is closer to gaining the real prize of replacing one of the duopoly

JBB
    Last edited by JeepBB; 01-22-14 at 12:51 PM.
    01-22-14 05:01 AM
    Wonder what are the resources needed for the BBM to WP exercise -I mean development hours. Anyone to enlighten us, who don't write code but just use it?

Q1o
    01-22-14 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    lol pretty sure he is. btw, did you write it in a notepad each time you see a bb10 or something? the fact that you remembered the exact number in a span of 3 countries is worthy of makin fun of
    propeller10 likes this.
    01-22-14 09:35 AM
    I am not 'trying' to say something. I already said it. And what makes you think my post is sarcastic? If you think I was being dishonest with the numbers then so were you.
    My numbers aren't so imaginary like yours, I think anyone can count to 24 but they can't remember numbers as high as thousands, plus I don't have to prove anything to you, or anyone else, that's what I saw and if you don't want to believe then that's your problem not mine.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:09 AM
    lol pretty sure he is. btw, did you write it in a notepad each time you see a bb10 or something? the fact that you remembered the exact number in a span of 3 countries is worthy of makin fun of
    Actually it's not that difficult to remember a number as low as 24 in a limited time frame, or do you find that difficult? If you do find that difficult then maybe I have a good memory.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 10:14 AM
    Actually it's not that difficult to remember a number as low as 24 in a limited time frame, or do you find that difficult? If you do find that difficult then maybe I have a good memory.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the ability to remember a number (regardless how high or low) is in question. What they're questioning is that anybody would even bother to take note of every device they see during the course of travelling to 3 different countries, and making it a point to count each and every BB10 or WP device they see. I'd probably question the integrity of the claim too.
    JeepBB and propeller10 like this.
    01-22-14 10:43 AM
    I don't think the ability to remember a number (regardless how high or low) is in question. What they're questioning is that anybody would even bother to take note of every device they see during the course of travelling to 3 different countries, and making it a point to count each and every BB10 or WP device they see. I'd probably question the integrity of the claim too.
    As I said before it's in a limited time frame and the fact that bb10 and WP are too low in count made it easy for me to count them, what's in question though is the two members who posted above me that no one even questioned them about what they saw, so again that's what I saw if anyone doesn't want to believe then it's their problem, this thread is full of WP fanboys so I'm out.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:26 AM
    Wonder what are the resources needed for the BBM to WP exercise -I mean development hours. Anyone to enlighten us, who don't write code but just use it?
    I'll caveat this by saying that I'm not an App developer, but I have been a developer and led software teams in my past...

It not the coding that is the major cost of getting BBM running on WP. Obviously cutting code isn't zero-cost but it's the cost of maintenance of multiple versions on multiple platforms, testing on multiple platforms, bug fixing (some global bugs, some platform specific), and the costs associated with adding new features to distinct codebases on multiple platforms (plus the costs of testing, bug-fixing, etc on each new version of BBM - on each platform - that is released) ... that really adds to the cost of development.

As I've said above, I actually agree with BB's decision to only develop xBBM for iOS and Android because (IMO) they simply haven't got the money or resources to fund a development for WinPhone whilst they're busy sorting out the reported bugs, and adding features, on those other two platforms. I remain struck by the irony of blaming low WinPhone market share as the excuse BB have given for taking that decision, but I do think it's the correct decision.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-22-14 12:18 PM
    As I said before it's in a limited time frame and the fact that bb10 and WP are too low in count made it easy for me to count them, what's in question though is the two members who posted above me that no one even questioned them about what they saw, so again that's what I saw if anyone doesn't want to believe then it's their problem, this thread is full of WP fanboys so I'm out.
    Actually, I think Ralphy uses an Android phone.

If anyone has unfairly maligned you, then that's unfortunate.

However, given the relative marketshare figures of WinPhone in the UK, a historically strong BB market, of 11% vs BB10's 0.75% (1/4 of 3%), the sheer statistical unlikelihood of you (at random) seeing eight times as many BB10 handsets as WinPhones ... well, I'm sure it strikes most here as an unusual statistical freak - to put it mildly.

I think you'd find the same degree of scepticism had you reported that out of ten coin-tosses, the coin had landed on it's edge 5 times. That's not impossible either, just very, very, very unlikely.
    DenverRalphy and propeller10 like this.
    01-22-14 01:07 PM
    Which is why Beats new music service is stupid, right? Because they see WP as an emerging player.
    01-22-14 02:39 PM
    The bolded portion of your reply seems to indicate that you found this thread to be a WP users -vs- BB debate. I don't know where you came to that conclusion though. This thread is about BBM fans wanting BBM to extend to WP devices, which most here would probably agree is better for BBM (and BBRY) as a result. I don't recall any WP fans in this thread trying to prove WP is superior to BB. Just a bunch of users trying to justify BBM's expansion in the cross platform market.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 01-22-14 at 02:50 PM. Reason: grammar
    JeepBB and propeller10 like this.
    01-22-14 02:40 PM
    Well that makes one person in a world of six billion. They would be stupid to prioritize a Windows phone version of BBM.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    Which makes Beats new music service stupid, right? Because they see WP as an emerging platform?
    01-22-14 02:41 PM
    I know I've already posted my opinion on this, but I just feel... Not sick, but distressed whenever I see the title of this thread pop up. WP HAS to get BBM.

It seems as if my dream of one day owning a Nokia Lumia 900 or 920 is temporarily derailed... For now.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 02:49 PM
    I'll caveat this by saying that I'm not an App developer, but I have been a developer and led software teams in my past...

It not the coding that is the major cost of getting BBM running on WP. Obviously cutting code isn't zero-cost but it's the cost of maintenance of multiple versions on multiple platforms, testing on multiple platforms, bug fixing (some global bugs, some platform specific), and the costs associated with adding new features to distinct codebases on multiple platforms (plus the costs of testing, bug-fixing, etc on each new version of BBM - on each platform - that is released) ... that really adds to the cost of development.

As I've said above, I actually agree with BB's decision to only develop xBBM for iOS and Android because (IMO) they simply haven't got the money or resources to fund a development for WinPhone whilst they're busy sorting out the reported bugs, and adding features, on those other two platforms. I remain struck by the irony of blaming low WinPhone market share as the excuse BB have given for taking that decision, but I do think it's the correct decision.
    As you know I agree with you on many topics. However on this I don't agree. Also as a software developer /team lead I think they really need to spend this money on WP bbm in order to claim their position as market leader. Given they've just invested a billion bucks and released cash from property they MUST fully support their R&D and engineering. You can't build a successfully tech company just by corporate wheeling and dealing, boardroom reshuffles and tax management.

Posted via SwiftKey / htc one
    01-22-14 02:54 PM
    My numbers aren't so imaginary like yours, I think anyone can count to 24 but they can't remember numbers as high as thousands, plus I don't have to prove anything to you, or anyone else, that's what I saw and if you don't want to believe then that's your problem not mine.

Posted via CB10
    Well I can easily remember big numbers. Just because you can't handle big numbers doesn't mean everybody else can't.
    01-22-14 02:59 PM
    I know I've already posted my opinion on this, but I just feel... Not sick, but distressed whenever I see the title of this thread pop up. WP HAS to get BBM.

It seems as if my dream of one day owning a Nokia Lumia 900 or 920 is temporarily derailed... For now.
    FWIW, I reckon WinPhone will get BBM ... eventually.

If BB is at all serious about positioning BBM as a genuine cross-platform messaging App, then it has to be available cross-platform! (Well, Duh! )

But, BB have bigger fish to fry right now. They have limited resources and money, the iOS BBM App is lacking features and is buggy (from what I've seen reported here on CB and elsewhere), and BBM isn't monetised... so it doesn't earn BB a bean. BBM for WinPhone shouldn't be a priority for BB.

Off-topic: I'm currently torn between getting a 1520 or a 920. Proving to be a really hard choice! Buy the 920... you know you want too...
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-22-14 03:03 PM
250 ... 678910