01-12-15 04:15 PM
250 12345 ...
tools
    After the amount of time it took Micro$oft to port the Android Skype apk, I can't fault BlackBerry for this.
    Vengeance, revenge or spite is a bad way of doing business.
    01-19-14 01:56 AM
    1. 6 billion? 7.2 billion.

2. Wp has more market share than BlackBerry and growing very fast so be quite plz. It has more official apps than BlackBerry offer. Microsoft announced Skype app for BlackBerry too so why not be fair?

Posted via CB10
    BBM is new to multi platform give it time. It's not even perfected yet for BB10 itself.
    Skype has been in the app store/play store forever and is well polished.
    They probably wouldn't have made it for BB10 if it wasn't for Blackberry making the easy port over method from android.

From a developers perspective (i'm not a dev) they need to polish off BBM on BB10 first, then android/apples then bring it to other platforms which doesn't happen over night. There is no point bringing a half a**ed app to Windows store then have a bunch of wp users complain that they don't have the features that is on BB10/android/apple. Why go through all that trouble for such little gain in BBM market share when they could easily get more market share if they push out more updates for apple/android then launching a half a**ed WP app.

Also WP and BB10 are fighting for 3rd place. It gives BB10 the edge on WP because they can have something that everyone elses phone has over WP.
    Soon when 10.2.1 gets released officially the app gap will be completely closed because of direct android app downloads. So the official "apps" on the platform doesn't matter anymore since BB10 will have them and for some cases working better on BB10 then the android itself. The apps themselves being sandboxed will also offer security superiority to android.
    01-19-14 01:56 AM
    It doesn't matter if its a port. It works really well. If there was no Skype for BB10 I would not have bought the Z10. I am sure Skype matters a lot for other BB10 users just like me.

The Skype app they toke months to...port? not develop a native...but port

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-19-14 02:50 AM
    1. 6 billion? 7.2 billion.

2. Wp has more market share than BlackBerry and growing very fast so be quite plz. It has more official apps than BlackBerry offer. Microsoft announced Skype app for BlackBerry too so why not be fair?

Posted via CB10
    Why not be fair? Maybe when Microsoft decides to put some money and actually develop a native skype app for BlackBerry10 , no one should blame BlackBerry, Microsoft started this attitude of not developing apps for platforms with no mass numbers, Skype is here as a witness.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:52 AM
    BBM Not for all... after all. Though I do not own a WP, I hate this kind of attitude. Skype should pull its app and make BB to realize its real position in the market.
    Yes they should NO ONE WILL CARE, why? Because it's android port, as soon as 10.2.1 is out no one will ever miss skype on BBW if it ever gets pulled, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:55 AM
    They do not care either because they know no one on Blackberry lol
    Your statement is incorrect, the only way they won't care is if they don't know anyone on BlackBerry, IOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 02:58 AM
    With 10.2.1 BB1o users will still be using the ANDROID port, just saying too. BB10 and WP is in the same boat, at-least WP is not sinking. BBRY was so proud to use Skype's Logo for promotion. If Skype was not there a lot of current BB10 users would have held back from BB10 phones. Why the hate for WP or MS? Instagram and Netflix never even cared to port the Android app while Skype is at-least fully working (Hub integrated) Android port. Sometimes I do not understand BBRY fans.

Yes they should NO ONE WILL CARE, why? Because it's android port, as soon as 10.2.1 is out no one will ever miss skype on BBW if it ever gets pulled, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:03 AM
    wow. people here are so against WP. most likely cause they took BB's place. This is the same attitude that BB irrelevant in the first place. Skype is about to get FULLY backed into WP8.1 and they are constantly adding new features. . How can BB compete with that when Skype is super popular on WP, Android, IOS and BB10?
    Super popular? Even if we say super popular, does it work the right way? NO, I have LOTS of friends who complain about it, even in my family, how can an app not work on 3G and only work on Wifi? And no I can confirm that it has nothing to do with countries or anything I tried that in 3 different countries with 4 different devices, everyone I know is waiting for BBM voice and video to get rid of the popular skype.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:08 AM
    It doesn't matter if its a port. It works really well. If there was no Skype for BB10 I would not have bought the Z10. I am sure Skype matters a lot for other BB10 users just like me.
    You are wrong, first of all it doesn't work, try using your rear camera in video call and then tell me if it works, that's if it even worked using the mobile network.

Skype doesn't matter to me and I'm sure it doesn't matter to many others on bb10 specially when BBM gets voice on Android and IOS which should be out in about 2 weeks or so.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:15 AM
    With 10.2.1 BB1o users will still be using the ANDROID port, just saying too. BB10 and WP is in the same boat, at-least WP is not sinking. BBRY was so proud to use Skype's Logo for promotion. If Skype was not there a lot of current BB10 users would have held back from BB10 phones. Why the hate for WP or MS? Instagram and Netflix never even cared to port the Android app while Skype is at-least fully working (Hub integrated) Android port. Sometimes I do not understand BBRY fans.
    Yes they might still use the Android port but then explain to me whats Microsofts role in bringing Skype to bb10? NOTHING not even paid a penny and you expect BlackBerry to pay $$$ to bring BBM to WP I don't see how that is fair, I mean the one with the billions didn't pay, why would BlackBerry?

Instagram and Netflix don't want bad experiences on their apps so either they will get it natively or they won't at all and I'm sure instagram will come to bb10 just at later time.

Skype is NOT fully working and NO it's not Hub-integrated, do a little research about Hub-integration and will know that skype is not.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 03:20 AM
    WP is DOA as it is to little too late for them. No reason for BlackBerry or any dev to create an app for an obsolete OS. I don't know a single person who has a WP as the one person I did know returned it for lack of app.

Posted via CB10
    WP is DOA??? LOL - it has a larger market share than BB and still growing while BB is losing market share by the day - I happen to think WP is a pretty nice refreshing platform (I have a Lumia WP)
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-19-14 04:54 AM
    Guys. I think we should wait and see what happens. But not matter what though. Microsoft always succeeds in the long run. It's pure logic. and it has been for years for them. cause they throw money and they are super patient until it succeeds. While BB who is on a tumble according to many people, doesn't have time on their side. But I think we should wait until what Microsoft has for WP8.1 in enterprise features. (which is what many business are waiting for apparently)
    01-19-14 05:20 AM
    I think it is a good strategy for BBM to not have any plans for WP 8. I saw the CES interview with the guy in charge of BBM & totally agree with him. His reasoning is that they are currently working out & resolving the the problems on iOS & Android.

They are also planning to have BBM on the desktop for Windows as well & with that it will also be for Windows phone at the same time as both runs on the same OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:42 AM
    I think it is a good strategy for BBM to not have any plans for WP 8. I saw the CES interview with the guy in charge of BBM & totally agree with him. His reasoning is that they are currently working out & resolving the the problems on iOS & Android.

They are also planning to have BBM on the desktop for Windows as well & with that it will also be for Windows phone at the same time as both runs on the same OS.

Posted via CB10
    In what way is that a good strategy?? The only thing it's gonna do is that it's gonna harm BBM more than WP. It's like saying BB doesn't have any plans to develop a OS X app of BBM because of user demand and market share.
    01-19-14 05:44 AM
    Why not be fair? Maybe when Microsoft decides to put some money and actually develop a native skype app for BlackBerry10 , no one should blame BlackBerry, Microsoft started this attitude of not developing apps for platforms with no mass numbers, Skype is here as a witness.

Posted via CB10
    What does MS have to do about it When other developers. treat BB10 like a piece of crap??
    01-19-14 05:48 AM
    WP is DOA as it is to little too late for them. No reason for BlackBerry or any dev to create an app for an obsolete OS. I don't know a single person who has a WP as the one person I did know returned it for lack of app.

Posted via CB10
    LOL

Oh, wait... You meant this seriously...
    01-19-14 06:50 AM
    Your statement is incorrect, the only way they won't care is if they don't know anyone on BlackBerry, IOS and Android.

Posted via CB10
    Erm, No.

Unfortunately for BB, WP users aren't crying into their pillows at night at the lack of BBM. They are already happily using WhatsApp and Skype to communicate with their buddies on WP, BlackBerry, IOS and Android.

As an ex-BB device user, I'd probably install BBM on my WP, more out of nostalgia than anything. I suspect WP users without that BB history simply won't care about BBM given the lack of features when compared to other messaging Apps.

Lack of BBM on WP hurts BB more than it hurts MS.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    01-19-14 07:06 AM
    Tit for tat doesn't work in business. Not when you're the underdog.

Welcoming and innovative. That's the attitude I want BlackBerry to adopt!

Posted via CB10
    They took android, well not really android but built an environment more so for android to play within their OS and solved a problem that everyone said existed (new BlackBerry needed to be android apparently). That in my books is innovation? Not to mention the play at Remote file sharing (running a leak it's temperamental, public release OS versions ran the RFS quite elegantly and everyone for me on both widows and mac. That's innovative to me for the fact it works seamlessly and works out if the box In a way I haven't seen others perform before.
    They put an app on the 2 largest platforms, baked services such as Evernote and dropbox directly into the OS so more people could enjoy the nix if services. That's welcoming.
    Sorry I'm not meaning to jack your post,Blackberry I feel have been getting back to innivating and have their arms wide open. The fact that they are waiting to build the windows app makes perfect sense. It's no surprise, windows is facing some hard times and the future doesn't look bright from where im.standing, more people are jumping to iPhone and cheap androids every day and I'd go as far as saying a majority of past RIM/blackberry customers are most likely ios/android. In my home country the people selling wp devices are selling then to people who have no idea how to use then or have never used a smartphone before so I doubt many if those customers will even know what bbm is let alone navigate windows horrible market place to find and install the app. (to all current wp users no offense at all . Microsoft paid mega cash to get some of the big name developers and market share, it's a loveless hustle in my eyes, blackberry are right to be leaving it off the priority list.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:09 AM
    BBM be come WhatsApp.. and bbm mybe be come 1st but......... device BlackBerry not yet be come 1st because bbm cros platform.. BlackBerry device is noting special because bbm cross platform
    01-19-14 08:05 AM
    I've been running BBM on my desktops for months. Windows 8.1
    Here's the link for Bluestacks. Download the App Player
    (it's free) to your PC or Mac and it's a breeze to set up!
    There's nothing to install on your device. It runs through Wii-Fii.
    BlueStacks - App Player

I have a Z10 with the 1925 Leak.
    Bluestacks has worked on all the previous Leaks as well!
    01-19-14 08:23 AM
    Erm, No.

Unfortunately for BB, WP users aren't crying into their pillows at night at the lack of BBM. They are already happily using WhatsApp and Skype to communicate with their buddies on WP, BlackBerry, IOS and Android.

As an ex-BB device user, I'd probably install BBM on my WP, more out of nostalgia than anything. I suspect WP users without that BB history simply won't care about BBM given the lack of features when compared to other messaging Apps.

Lack of BBM on WP hurts BB more than it hurts MS.
    Erm, NO

Not everyone would do what you said, I have friends who were ex-bb like you and even Android fans that just hate Skype and whatsapp and love BBM now those people would never think of buying a WP cause they simply don't have BBM, why go far, a couple days back I was in the exam hall and I met this guy and we kinda became friends, asked him after the exam if he has BBM, he said no I have WP ( 2nd WP user I ever see) he said "I will get a cheap Android to use BBM because suddenly EVERYONE is on BBM now " yup that's what he said so yeah.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:37 AM
    BBM not on Windows is definitely no loss at all, I don't even use it on my Z10. Like the people I know, we use Whatsapp mostly.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-19-14 08:55 AM
    IOS, Android and WP users have a lot of choice. WhatsApp, VIber, Kik, etc...etc there are more than 50+ messaging apps in both IOS and Android. Even If BB decides not to support IOS or Android for some reason, the users have no problem at all. WP is not a bad OS at all, I do not own a WP phone but I have friends who love their Lumias. Being a BB fan, I would love to see BB excel in every department. BB decided BBM to be cross-platform, so make it a true cross-platform. Let everyone enjoy the service. Please do not bring OS hate here. Lets embrace and enjoy the latest and best technology.

Erm, NO

Not everyone would do what you said, I have friends who were ex-bb like you and even Android fans that just hate Skype and whatsapp and love BBM now those people would never think of buying a WP cause they simply don't have BBM, why go far, a couple days back I was in the exam hall and I met this guy and we kinda became friends, asked him after the exam if he has BBM, he said no I have WP ( 2nd WP user I ever see) he said "I will get a cheap Android to use BBM because suddenly EVERYONE is on BBM now " yup that's what he said so yeah.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-19-14 08:56 AM
    IOS, Android and WP users have a lot of choice. WhatsApp, VIber, Kik, etc...etc there are more than 50+ messaging apps in both IOS and Android. Even If BB decides not to support IOS or Android for some reason, the users have no problem at all. WP is not a bad OS at all, I do not own a WP phone but I have friends who love their Lumias. Being a BB fan, I would love to see BB excel in every department. BB decided BBM to be cross-platform, so make it a true cross-platform. Let everyone enjoy the service. Please do not bring OS hate here. Lets embrace and enjoy the latest and best technology.
    There are choices, who said no, but just like there are whatsapp lovers, they are BBM lovers, there are people who just choose BBM and I don't think they should go download another IM app just because they know someone who owns a WP, if BBM wasn't on Android and IOS and I would complain like you right now but it's there and it's growing, but BlackBerry would be stupid if it builds an app for WP now and put and resources into a platform with way less users than IOS and Android, I mean if you want to blame BlackBerry for not developing BBM for WP, then you should also blame Microsoft for not making Skype for BlackBerry, even though Microsoft has a lot more money and resources to develop than BlackBerry has.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 09:44 AM
    Hopefully John kicks some sense into that guy in the interview

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 10:03 AM
250 12345 ...