01-12-15 04:15 PM
250 1234 ...
tools
    Just gonna throw this into the ring... technically, if the BBM team (remember they're kinda their own division/company now) is already developing a desktop BBM experience that's expected to run on Windows, it should also by definition work for (some of) the Surface tablets. And hey! There you have it, BlackBerry is supporting M$'s mobile platform, lol.

In all seriousness though, I think it's just them puffing their chest out right now (not something I'd personally do, but hey...) They could intentionally be using it to leverage more service support from M$, such as a native Skype app, or they could be developing it or already have developed it but not yet ready to announce. I wouldn't just look at the superficial story here.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 07:43 PM
    Agree bbm will get to windows phone and more once ios / android versions are feature complete.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 07:43 PM
    WP8 is as much an underdog as BlackBerry.
    In comparison to Android and iOS. But when you've conceded the top two spots and fighting for third, then "underdog" becomes relative.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 07:44 PM
    Not sure how this became news again..

BlackBerry joins us for #CESlive to discuss BBM 2.0 and more! | CrackBerry.com
    NotGoodIMO and LoganSix like this.
    01-18-14 07:50 PM
    This really pisses me off! They expect everyone else to build apps for their platform yet will give **** all in return!

Posted via CB10
    milo53 and Acidwire like this.
    01-18-14 08:15 PM
    1. 6 billion? 7.2 billion.

2. Wp has more market share than BlackBerry and growing very fast so be quite plz. It has more official apps than BlackBerry offer. Microsoft announced Skype app for BlackBerry too so why not be fair?

Posted via CB10
    Being on Windows phone won't affect the success or failure of BBM. The fact that BBM for iPhone is absolute crap for reliability and consistency and is still not anywhere near feature parity proves there are higher priorities. The fact my friends keep unistalling it is what they should be working on. Comparing BlackBerry, a company shedding half their workforce, to Microsoft, who has tens of thousands of employees and tens of billions in c ash is ridiculous. And the Skype app is a terrible android port.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-18-14 08:30 PM
    This really pisses me off! They expect everyone else to build apps for their platform yet will give **** all in return!

Posted via CB10
    Cause everyone else have been building the apps for them right?

But anyway this is just for now people are taking this out of context

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-18-14 08:47 PM
    You ever think they say these things just cause for we know their is a working Windows version already but their keeping it on the low with video and desktop BBM it'll eventually be on Windows

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:03 PM
    BBM Not for all... after all. Though I do not own a WP, I hate this kind of attitude. Skype should pull its app and make BB to realize its real position in the market.
    If Skype pulls it's BlackBerry 10 app, I'd get my family to switch to BBM once BBM gets voice and video chat for iOS and Android. (My family currently use iPads for Skype or FaceTime for Voice and Video)
    01-18-14 09:17 PM
    BBM Not for all... after all. Though I do not own a WP, I hate this kind of attitude. Skype should pull its app and make BB to realize its real position in the market.
    I hope Skype does pull its app... and from Android, too. That will show BBRY. With the latest leaks and all, I really don't see much use for Android ports in the near future.

From all the news/rumors I've been reading, seems to me they're already working on BBM for Windows; just don't have any plans to release BBM for WP8 until other supported platforms are performing better (conjecture). At least, that's what I'm hoping for. My dept has iOS, Android, BB10, and WP8 represented so I want BBM to be available for WP8, too.
    01-18-14 10:13 PM
    Not sure how this became news again..
    For those who didn't watch.
    Once there is a critical mass of Windows phone users asking for BBM...
    01-18-14 10:17 PM
    Don't worry about Windows Phone. BBM is not nearly as sought after as the Crackberry populace implies. And in the impoverished Asian countries where Windows Phone has >10% market share that Jakarta is targeting, it's Blackberry's loss. *shrug*
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-18-14 10:25 PM
    So BlackBerry itself is adopting the attitude most big name developers hold against BlackBerry for being not worth the effort. How disappointing.

Posted via CB10
    The difference is that BlackBerry is focusing on restoring itself, and bringing BBM to windows cost $$$, while other companies have the resources to do stuff like that yet they don't do it.
    I don't blame BlackBerry for it. Let Chen Chen do his thing to restore the company, then let's see what's gonna happen about BBM for wp

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and nothingworks like this.
    01-18-14 10:31 PM
    Unless they plan to support Windows Phone in BES 10, then there's not a good reason to support BBM on it. In my opinion.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    00stryder and edyts like this.
    01-18-14 10:41 PM
    It seems BlackBerry has no Plan to bring BBM to WP. I think I have to switch to another Messaging app. I use Lumia 1520 and Z10 and i only carry the Z10 because I use BBM. It's annoying to carry 2 phones. I will sell my Z10 and switch to another Services. Very sad.

Windows Phone Still Not Worthy Of BBM According To BlackBerry - N4BB

Posted via CB10
    WP is DOA as it is to little too late for them. No reason for BlackBerry or any dev to create an app for an obsolete OS. I don't know a single person who has a WP as the one person I did know returned it for lack of app.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:09 PM
    Microsoft will have to realize once they lose enough money that it is to little too late which BlackBerry painfully learned. Microsoft has more money to lose and that's what they will do until they wake up. I'm not joking when I say I do not know anyone with a WP. Android is king and Everyone else will fight for scraps.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 11:16 PM
    +1 for Whatsapp
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-18-14 11:18 PM
    Windows is growing its market share and BBM shouldn't miss that. BBM is already late on IOS and Android. Also, Windows phone is gaining market share in emerging markets where many people are buying smartphones for the first time. It will be much easier for Blackberry to get these users hooked on to BBM than to make them switch later on once they are addicted to some other instant messenger. Being already late to the party, Blackberry needs to be proactive here. One more thing Blackberry needs to understand is that of if one person in a group can't communicate on BBM because of lack of support than entire group shifts to an app supported on all platforms.
    01-18-14 11:57 PM
    Microsoft will have to realize once they lose enough money that it is to little too late which BlackBerry painfully learned. Microsoft has more money to lose and that's what they will do until they wake up. I'm not joking when I say I do not know anyone with a WP. Android is king and Everyone else will fight for scraps.

Posted via CB10
    You are totally wrong here. Windows phone is gaining market share in many markets, including Europe, where in many countries it's in double digits now. Windows is targeting lower end of the market with Lumia 520 where it has been very successful . One could buy Lumia 520 for $60 in the states. This phone has offline GPS from Nokia with all the updates. This feature alone is worth the price. I think Windows is going to gain tremendous market share in coming years.
    01-19-14 12:04 AM
    Hope BlackBerry won't repeated the same mistake in the past by keeping bbm for BlackBerry,
    open the gate to everyone Inc windows n let them taste bbm and convince them to switch to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 12:09 AM
    WP is DOA as it is to little too late for them. No reason for BlackBerry or any dev to create an app for an obsolete OS. I don't know a single person who has a WP as the one person I did know returned it for lack of app.

Posted via CB10
    umm. LG, Sony, HTC, Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo, Oppo, Micromax and XOLO and especially MS/Nokia all disagree with you

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-19-14 12:56 AM
    wow. people here are so against WP. most likely cause they took BB's place. This is the same attitude that BB irrelevant in the first place. Skype is about to get FULLY backed into WP8.1 and they are constantly adding new features. . How can BB compete with that when Skype is super popular on WP, Android, IOS and BB10?
    arvind1983 and JeepBB like this.
    01-19-14 01:08 AM
    By opening up to WP they will have even more users on android / iPhone / BlackBerry itself because all of us have that one friend who uses a WP and at this point it is only whatsapp a service that is that cross platform!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:18 AM
    Tit for Tat!! First bring the native skype app for BB10 n then take our BBM... :P
    If only Windows Phone was able to sideload Android apps like BlackBerry can do for Skype. Tit for Tat? Lol

Bring native Skype and we'll trade you for BBM. Hmmmm......

Windows Phone might benefit from a android emulator.... I'm loving my 10.2.1.1925. Life is great!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 01:26 AM
    This news stinks but people have been choosing their phones for years with app ecosystem in mind. If BBM is really that important to them then they'll stay away from wp devices. Same way blackberry lost tons because of lack of Instagram, Netflix, Skype and others.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    01-19-14 01:39 AM
250 1234 ...