That's exactly what I'm on. 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 03:11 AM
    That's exactly what I'm on. 10.3.1

Posted via CB10
    How is 10.3.1 boot time slow?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:14 AM
    I took my Z10 back to my network carriers store last week because I was experiencing some problems. We had to take the sim out my phone and then fire it up with a new sim inserted.

During the boot up the shop assistant ask me how on earth I put up some this slow phone and why I chose a BlackBerry over an android or iPhone. Tbh I've always disliked myz10 boot up time, takes way to long in comparison to even an iPhone 5.

While in store I had a little fiddle with the classic for awhile and boy that thing was slow and heavy.

Posted via CB10
    So their argument was that your z10 was too slow on bootup? In the rare event you need to boot it in the 1st place? I can't recall the last time I had to reboot my phone

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 08:10 AM
    So their argument was that your z10 was too slow on bootup? In the rare event you need to boot it in the 1st place? I can't recall the last time I had to reboot my phone

Posted via CB10
    Here we go. Come on the Z10 needs regular rebooting. Not every 20 minutes but often enough that the boot time is relevant.

More BlackBerry is perfect blah blah.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    techvisor and devin266 like this.
    01-22-15 08:41 AM
    Put this article in trash and move on with your BlackBerry

A Happy Passport User....
    01-22-15 09:06 AM
    Here we go. Come on the Z10 needs regular rebooting. Not every 20 minutes but often enough that the boot time is relevant.

I rarely need to reboot on an official build

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 12:55 PM
    I think the article was an accurate description of one reviewers impressions.
    01-22-15 02:15 PM
    I think the article was an accurate description of one reviewers impressions.
    I think that's pretty much the definition of every review.

01-22-15 04:30 PM
    I think that's pretty much the definition of every review.

not according to many people on this board. It's all a conspiracy according to them.
    01-22-15 06:33 PM
    So, this guy didn't like the Classic. His objections aren't completely out of left field, but I don't think he had a good grasp of this phone's mission, either.

"Good at being a BlackBerry, and not much else" was actually kinda the mission statement for the Classic, anyway. What this reviewer failed to grasp is that there actually is, still, a market for BlackBerrys.
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-22-15 06:40 PM
    Totally agree with. They keep trying the same thing that has failed before and yet they hope for a different outcome. Not smart.

It actually didn't fail before. The 9900 is and was a very popular phone for BlackBerry. The true failure was when they tried to convert their customers into buying something else... basically a less functional version of what everyone else already offers.... and they ended up selling more of their old phones with old OS's than the new stuff. Sooo....I'm not sure they are "trying the same thing that failed before" as much as they are "trying the same thing that worked before" (at least with core customers) and updating it. If they want to woo over Iphone and Android users, they would have to make the phone bake you dinner. Just not gonna happen.
    Last edited by redlightblinking; 01-22-15 at 07:04 PM.
    serbanescu likes this.
    01-22-15 06:51 PM
    not according to many people on this board. It's all a conspiracy according to them.
    Oh I know. I've all but given up on any impartiality here. It's unfortunate.

techvisor likes this.
    01-22-15 07:05 PM
    LOL, very true, we don't need Lagdroid
    01-22-15 08:07 PM
    >The bad;

>The rest of the Classic's hardware annoyances are relatively minor. The power button is frustratingly at the very top of the phone, which I hate. >Also the battery isn't removable, which is forgivable but I also hate.

This is a stupid comment. Many phones have non-removable battery now so he hates every one of them including Iphone?
    He did not say he hated the phone because the battery is not removable. He prefers removable batteries, nothing wrong with that.
    01-22-15 08:45 PM
    Totally agree with. They keep trying the same thing that has failed before and yet they hope for a different outcome. Not smart.

The keyboard is what the reviews all love about the classic. Its the OS they aren't so keen on. Any attempt by BB to build an iPhone clone is doomed to fail. Samsung already has that market. The keyboard at least gives people a reason to buy a BB.
    01-22-15 08:50 PM
    I rarely need to reboot on an official build

Posted via CB10
    You don't swap batteries? I'm just curious. That's the only time I noticed the boot up time, and to be honest, a minute and a half is never life or death for me....
    01-22-15 11:51 PM
    You don't swap batteries? I'm just curious. That's the only time I noticed the boot up time, and to be honest, a minute and a half is never life or death for me....
    I swap sometimes. Not swapping as much since 10.3.1 because of battery saver.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 01:31 AM
    They were smarter in adding the words below to explain what is going on in boot. Even if it's not true.
    Boot is very fast, security checks tak another minute, but it leaves one with the impression that it's all about security.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, those lines of text "explaining" what's going on are a very smart idea. Doesn't matter whether it's true or not, but even though the boot time (compared to budget stuff like the Moto G) is longer, it still kinda makes the phone feel special, even if the boot time puts you and onlookers off..

"Ah, I don't get this on my iPhone / Droid ..."

  2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...  
    01-23-15 02:31 AM

Sorry Crazi guy. Disagree.

Rebooting is mooting. The rare times that it is required is irrelevant. Yeah it does take longer than the other phones to boot up, but unless that you are swapping out batteries, it doesn't really matter. Four the 5 times a year you may have to reboot, go make a coffee and come back and your phone is ready to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 09:31 AM
    What's great about BlackBerry is that at this point in time is they have great phones for everyone - z30 for the full touch crowd,classic for maximum ease of use/ productivity for keyboard fans and the amazing passport for the trailblazers who know a game changer when they see it - boot time is not an issue at all -on the z30 it's not long but best of all it's rarely required.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 11:53 PM
    I only go on these click bait sites for the comments section. They usually tend to generate allot of lulz.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 04:11 PM
46 12