10-22-14 04:45 PM
46 12
tools
    Wireless charging is only on 2 device types made for special carriers! Do not expect to get a free phone with wireless charging....

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 01:14 PM
    What the hell is a Q20?

Posted via CB10
    A bunch of BBOS'ers. Are disappointed in that the CLASSIC won't have all the little features and benefits of the old BlackBerry line. To an extent I agree (Then again the Z10 is my first BlackBerry phone, so the hell if I know). But Seriously times are changing, and yeah I know the people who made BB10 aren't the same guys who made BBOD

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:28 AM
    Sfc

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:28 AM
    A bunch of BBOS'ers. Are disappointed in that the CLASSIC won't have all the little features and benefits of the old BlackBerry line. To an extent I agree (Then again the Z10 is my first BlackBerry phone, so the hell if I know). But Seriously times are changing, and yeah I know the people who made BB10 aren't the same guys who made BBOD

Posted via CB10
    Ahh okay. I've heard of a classic just not a q20. Pretty sure the classic is that phone i plan on buying next month.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:03 AM
    Q20 was the official name before it became the Classic.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/02/blackberry-q20/

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:51 AM
    If the price is right, where's the joke? if it is under 200-250$ it's a decent price. Not everybody wants the specs to brag about in the bar or family dinners
    The price is apparently rumored to be $399 USD. I think that's a bit much, especially because the Q10 was a mid range device at launch...a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 12:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Times are changing? Does that mean that productivity is no longer important?
    10-18-14 12:47 PM
    The price is apparently rumored to be $399 USD. I think that's a bit much, especially because the Q10 was a mid range device at launch...a year ago.

Posted via CB10
    People who want the best Bold BlackBerry device made will pay that. It is either a phone you want or you don't.
    10-18-14 04:00 PM
    How much would that be on Contract?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:18 PM
    This is the phone I was waiting for. So disappointed!

Hello Samsung

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 05:44 PM
    This is the phone I was waiting for. So disappointed!

Hello Samsung

Posted via CB10
    I do not understand. A Blackberry Classic is not interchangeable with a Samsung or visa versa.
    10-19-14 08:27 PM
    Keep in mind everyone thought passport was going to have the snapdragon 800, it shipped with the 801.

Don't know for sure that these are the specs it's going to ship with.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 09:39 PM
    What a joke.

1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 processor,

Pass....

BlackBerry hates America!
    Yawn - another technology neophyte that thinks the clock speed of a processor dictates the entire devices utility.

Pass... on your knowledge of technology.

Posted via CB10
    Joao Oliveira and bigbadben10 like this.
    10-20-14 06:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    If it's $399 off contract I'll be buying one for sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:30 PM
    If it's $399 off contract I'll be buying one for sure.

Posted via CB10
    Umm... passport is 250 with contract there us no way classic is 400 ON

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 06:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Q10 wasn't a mid range device. it was priced at top range directly against the Iphone. Q5 was the mid range device
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-22-14 11:19 AM
    Yawn - another technology neophyte that thinks the clock speed of a processor dictates the entire devices utility.

Pass... on your knowledge of technology.

Posted via CB10
    So true... Like those Android Fanbois with incredible specs on their phone, huge numbers then get murdered on benchmarks and real world speed by the iphone with dual core at 1.3ghz and 1 gb of ram
    10-22-14 11:21 AM
    So true... Like those Android Fanbois with incredible specs on their phone, huge numbers then get murdered on benchmarks and real world speed by the iphone with dual core at 1.3ghz and 1 gb of ram
    Your argument would hold water if it wasn't for the fact that the iPhone benchmarking is the product of its own bit of superb spec-tacular technology which allows it to run with these specs - Apple's industry leading ARMv8 64 bit chip. So basically, your argument when you keep quoting the iPhone is one IN FAVOUR of cutting edge specs.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-22-14 03:31 PM
    ^
    This man understood it perfectly.
    The iPhone is a spec beast, apart from the RAM, with the best CPU in the market and one of the best GPUs.

The iPhone is a perfect example of better specs correlating with better performance.

Posted via CB10
    3Dee and tack like this.
    10-22-14 03:57 PM
    Your argument would hold water if it wasn't for the fact that the iPhone benchmarking is the product of its own bit of superb spec-tacular technology which allows it to run with these specs - Apple's industry leading ARMv8 64 bit chip. So basically, your argument when you keep quoting the iPhone is one IN FAVOUR of cutting edge specs.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Of course, but i'm talking about "the specs", "the numbers", that's what people compare... or have you ever heard Android Fanboys talking about CPU and GPU architecture, pipelines, cache or stuff like that? I didn't..... BTW, the fact that it is 64bit doesn't really affect performance....

Bottom line what I try to say and you didn't understand, is that the numbers on the specsheet don't even tell half the story. A software optimization is still key. You can see phones with identical specs and almost the same OS like the Samsung GS5 and HTC One, but HTC One is know to perform better than Samsungs Android+Touchwizz.

Windows Phone and BB10 also are very smooth and snapy running the low end dual core chips, Android doesn't
    10-22-14 04:15 PM
    Of course, but i'm talking about "the specs", "the numbers", that's what people compare... or have you ever heard Android Fanboys talking about CPU and GPU architecture, pipelines, cache or stuff like that? I didn't..... BTW, the fact that it is 64bit doesn't really affect performance....

Bottom line what I try to say and you didn't understand, is that the numbers on the specsheet don't even tell half the story. A software optimization is still key. You can see phones with identical specs and almost the same OS like the Samsung GS5 and HTC One, but HTC One is know to perform better than Samsungs Android+Touchwizz.

Windows Phone and BB10 also are very smooth and snapy running the low end dual core chips, Android doesn't
    One more point I can't let you get away with before we move on - ask any iPhone owner how they feel their device copes with 1gb RAM and iOS, then ask any Moto G owner how they feel their device copes with 1gb RAM and Moto's Android OS, and then ask any PlayBook owner how they feel their device copes with 1gb RAM and BB10...(sorry I had to go there).

Your point about software and OS design is a good one, and you're spot on of course about the limited power of specs to aid a bloated OS (as you say, TouchWiz is the prime example). However, what high spec phones can do - regardless of lag in the OS - is run multiple apps without any problem. This is where the Classic is likely to fall down.

To me, the Classic looks like a second device (something I think Chen said he wanted of BlackBerry again in some circumstances if I recall correctly), and to me that's totally fine - as a best in class native messaging device it will still sparkle. But, with these specs it won't be able to cope so ably against better specd competitors if people try to use it as an all in one device, which I think many hoped it would be.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 04:45 PM
46 12