05-19-14 09:46 AM
42 12
tools
    Tell me how you would do a gesture to hub from a app on a trackpad....
    Trackpad = mouse.

Mouse pointer at bottom of screen becomes swipe up pointer.

Press trackpad to peek.

Long press trackpad to go to hub.

Easy Peasy.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 10:33 PM
    Sorry, but I think BlackBerry 10 without a touch screen would be about the stupidest tech thing I've ever seen. The whole OS is deliberately gesture based.

This is just misinformation.
    05-17-14 01:02 AM
    Sorry, but I think BlackBerry 10 without a touch screen would be about the stupidest tech thing I've ever seen. The whole OS is deliberately gesture based.

This is just misinformation.
    Stupid? Do you really need a touch screen with a belt? Much faster with a track pad. I don't use the touch screen on the 9900 in fact I wish I could go back to OS6 to save the RAM. Qwerty users want the upgraded hardware to match the memerory requirement need to run BB10 and for better apps NOT because we want to use the touch screen. I really don't see the Classic as a transition device to BB10, but a way to keep or bring back old BlackBerry users. There is NO faster phone than the 9900 for typing. Right now I'm typing on this (stupid) Samsung tablet because I forgot to charge my 9900. What a joke.
    05-17-14 07:17 PM
    Stupid? Do you really need a touch screen with a belt? Much faster with a track pad.
    Completely and utterly disagree. BlackBerry 10 is all about flicking your fingers. To me, using the trackpad to move around a pointer would seem much, much, much slower.

I don't use the touch screen on the 9900 in fact I wish I could go back to OS6 to save the RAM.
    9900 is a different OS that was designed for a scroll/click model. BlackBerry 10 is not. To me, it will be as awkward as the storm was when they tried to graft a touch screen to it. For the record, I seldom used the touch screen on the 9900 except when I was zooming in and out. But on a BlackBerry 10, I'd want to pull my eyes out if I couldn't use a touch screen.

Qwerty users want the upgraded hardware to match the memerory requirement need to run BB10 and for better apps NOT because we want to use the touch screen.
    Spoken to all QWERTY users have you? ;-)
    05-17-14 09:52 PM
    I don't see the problem with the this if true. Since I see the Classic and other BlackBerry keyboard devices for those who don't care so much about touch screens.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-17-14 10:08 PM
    I wouldn't consider the NY Times a credible BlackBerry information source.

Here's a better source: John Chen, CEO of BlackBerry.

(article)

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    No such thing as a good touch screen since the Storm 2. I am waiting for a non touch screen to buy. I am fed up with touch screens that do not work.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 10:26 PM
    Tell me how you would do a gesture to hub from a app on a trackpad....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    BlackBerry key.
    05-17-14 10:48 PM
    Completely and utterly disagree. BlackBerry 10 is all about flicking your fingers. To me, using the trackpad to move around a pointer would seem much, much, much slower.
    Are you speaking about a small 9900 or 3.5" (which isnt out) or 4.0" or larger?

9900 is a different OS that was designed for a scroll/click model. BlackBerry 10 is not. To me, it will be as awkward as the storm was when they tried to graft a touch screen to it. For the record, I seldom used the touch screen on the 9900 except when I was zooming in and out. But on a BlackBerry 10, I'd want to pull my eyes out if I couldn't use a touch screen.
    Do you really think the new OS for the track will FORCE uses to use the screen? Why would 9900 users buy a Q20 if the have to fumble around using the keyboard/track AND the screen?

Spoken to all QWERTY users have you? ;-)
    I will give you the respect you deserve bc of your profile.

I may have only joined CB on 4/9/14 but I have logged over 300 hours during these 5 weeks. All you have to do is research the dates and times if my post, likes and thank you.. That being said I am looking for comments posted by Qwerty users. If you review most of my posting you will find related material about the track belt. You will also find that MOST Qwerty users are/were happy with the 9900 and don't come looking for a solution bc the phone work fine with the exception of not enough RAM (due to OS7 being touch screen) and out dated or no apps.

I for one would never have been in here had I not screwed up the mother board connection attaching the keyboard. And buying a use 9900 that was locked. In order to be in here everyday you have to be a sponge or that 2-5% loyal user. So I "think" you are wrong and u ou polling is the minority, bc the majority don't come to CB.

Your CEO John Chen will lead BB out of this mess the other administration put them in, mainly bc he is looking at things outside in. I'm impressed with his clean up. I only question why they still leave negative threads in the archives so it can be dugged up and rehashed by non-BB users. Give it 14 days then delete it.

If the Classic has a ergonomic curved keyboard, track belt and decent hardware I will buy one.
    05-17-14 11:38 PM
    If it uses BB10 OS it's going to have a touch screen. Which key are you going to press to pull quick settings or settings from a app...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-17-14 11:52 PM
    Such a stupid post and wasted 45 seconds opening and reading.

Posted via CB10
    Wayne_Enterprises likes this.
    05-18-14 12:02 AM
    Truth is I wouldn't mind having a track pad on my Z10 just to navigate and edit my texts at the same time they could add a finger print scanner to the track pad for passwords since they've already patented that way back.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 12:49 PM
    If it uses BB10 OS it's going to have a touch screen. Which key are you going to press to pull quick settings or settings from a app...
    I know answering your own question defeats your purpose of making readers BELIEVE that a BB10 device without a functional touchscreen is unworkable, but come on... you've been around these blocks.

On BBOS, a standard press on the BlackBerry button brings up the application menu. Perhaps a long press would bring up the OS Settings screen. If not that, then how about long press on spacebar? Or on Back button?

or move the mouse pointer to the top edge of the screen and touch the trackpad: short press for app menu, long press for OS menu.

These are all incredibly EASILY solved problems, so I don't know what you are trying to achieve with your provocative "What about THIS!!?!?!??!" unanswered questions. Seriously, the answers are SO not hard to come by, it makes me question your motives.

So, what's really going on in that head of yours, Dave? Are you just trying too make the point that of COURSE any BB10 device will have to have a touch screen, because I can see 100% that BB10 could be operated without one, although like you I don't think it makes sense for BlackBerry to produce BB10 devices without a touchscreen.... which is why I think that while all BB10 devices should have a touchscreen, all the devices with trackpad / belt should also offer a way to disable it.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-18-14 01:06 PM
    Not unworkable... it's just less efficient. long press short press double click... seriously going to make this the user experience of BB10 classic ? The toolbelt to me isn't to replace the gestures.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-18-14 02:10 PM
    So not true.