05-19-14 08:46 AM
42 12
tools
    I was reading this article about the Z3 release, and it mentioned that the Classic will not have a touch screen. Is anyone else aware of this? I thought it would have a touch screen and also have the trackpad, like the late model Bold's.

If this is true, I wonder why they would take a step backwards in functionality....that would definitely be a turn-off for me, if I wanted to upgrade my Q10 to the Classic.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/14..._r=0&referrer=

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:32 AM
    I hope that is not the case! That is really going back in time! That ball sucks!

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    05-13-14 04:40 AM
    It's just misinformation: you cannot have a BB10 device without a touchscreen - the OS is gesture based and there are more gestures used by the OS than there are buttons on the tool belt.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    Last edited by serbanescu; 05-13-14 at 08:23 AM.
    05-13-14 04:47 AM
    I was reading this article about the Z3 release, and it mentioned that the Classic will not have a touch screen. Is anyone else aware of this? I thought it would have a touch screen and also have the trackpad, like the late model Bold's.

If this is true, I wonder why they would take a step backwards in functionality....that would definitely be a turn-off for me, if I wanted to upgrade my Q10 to the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't consider the NY Times a credible BlackBerry information source.

Here's a better source: John Chen, CEO of BlackBerry.

"There's a new product called the BlackBerry Classic that's coming out. It's an updated and enhanced version of one of our most popular and successful products called the Bold. It will include a keyboard and a good touch-screen, very fast Internet, Web-browsing capability and multimedia capability. But also it will be very productive and very secure. So, all the familiar things that people love, with some new technology updated. That will come out in November along with the server that helps companies manage devices. Not only the BlackBerry device, but every device, the iPhone and Androids and Windows and everything else. So, the new products will have a lot to do with the architecture. And we made some announcements of those at the Mobile World Congress."-John Chen, CEO, BlackBerry
    (article)

05-13-14 04:49 AM
    Agreed! That will be a let down for sure! I'm hoping this article is incorrect regarding this issue, like a lot of BlackBerry articles has 'misinformation' these days...this is the first I've heard of this rumor.

Perhaps there is something with the gesture based software that won't allow a trackpad and the touchscreen....who knows. This may be a stretch, but I do know the Playbook bluetooth keyboard was capable of providing similar functionality with the cursor.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:50 AM
    Nah, it'll have a touch screen.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    05-13-14 04:52 AM
    Thanks for that reminder from Chen iBuilder! I'll take Solace in Chen's words lol. I remember reading that article previously as well!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 04:52 AM
    I'm finding it ironic that this freshly posted Seeking Alpha article also mentions the Classic as being a 'return to the "old" Blackberry style, before the touchscreen....'

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 05:00 AM
    05-13-14 05:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    It will not have Radio either.. but it will work plugging the cord into the wall when you want to receiving calls..

Blackberry Classic Doesn't Have A Touch Screen???-phone.jpg

SERIOUSLY??!?i!

OP do not worry, it will come with touch screen, that is for sure

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DavideaNY; 05-13-14 at 11:05 AM.
    Mr4aces, eldricho, Ray III and 2 others like this.
    05-13-14 05:05 AM
    LOL! Let's hope so!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 05:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    This is not true.Classic expected to have touch screen.

But you can't call your transition from q10 to classic as an upgrade. It will be q30 which you can say enhanced q10.Classic is the Chens experiment to get BlackBerry 10 experience to legacy users also those who want a tool belt on their device.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    05-13-14 05:44 AM
    It'll have a touchscreen AND the belt. I'm pretty sure of that

Posted via CB10
    ZayDub likes this.
    05-13-14 07:56 AM
    BlackBerry Classic sounds like a nightmare if no touch. Better grab a q10 before their gone folks!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 09:17 AM
    It is not going to have a battery either. Wow how easy are people to be swayed
    05-14-14 09:30 AM
    It would be nice if the touchscreen could be disabled and enabled quickly and so those who like BlackBerry and hate touchscreens could get some satisfaction.
    MobileZen, Mr4aces and ZayDub like this.
    05-14-14 10:56 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something but the NY Times article linked in the original post doesn't seem to mention the Classic, with or without a touchscreen, in any way whatsoever. People seem to love to bash the Times and other media outlets, but did anyone actually look at the linked article? Did the OP include a wrong link or misconstrue something in the article?
    05-15-14 01:25 PM
    I agree, I hate touchscreens and feel like they hold back my productivity when I could be using an epic BB trackpad to navigate!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-15-14 01:28 PM
    You can do all the same with the wonderful trackpad!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    05-15-14 01:28 PM
    Ironically you may have been swayed since I see no obvious reference to the Classic in the link provided in the original post.
    05-15-14 01:49 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something but the NY Times article linked in the original post doesn't seem to mention the Classic, with or without a touchscreen, in any way whatsoever. People seem to love to bash the Times and other media outlets, but did anyone actually look at the linked article? Did the OP include a wrong link or misconstrue something in the article?
    Ironically you may have been swayed since I see no obvious reference to the Classic in the link provided in the original post.
    No, you're late to the party; OP's link is now a different story. And since his posted is unedited, I would point at the NY Times doing some shuffling.
    ZayDub likes this.
    05-15-14 01:56 PM
    You can do all the same with the wonderful trackpad!
    Tell me how you would do a gesture to hub from a app on a trackpad....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    05-15-14 01:57 PM
    Fair point but I still think I'll take my chances with a well respected newspaper that voluntarily prints numerous corrections/retractions on page 2 daily over a bunch of people (including myself) posting under anonymous screen names. Does anyone have a copy of the original article with such a glaring error for those of us arriving unfashionably late to this party?
    05-15-14 02:13 PM
    Fair point but I still think I'll take my chances with a well respected newspaper that voluntarily prints numerous corrections/retractions on page 2 daily over a bunch of people (including myself) posting under anonymous screen names. Does anyone have a copy of the original article with such a glaring error for those of us arriving unfashionably late to this party?
    Not sure how long those retractions stay up; if it's a 24-hour period then of course they won't be there today. However, even if the link was wrong (and I read the original article just to be sure myself the OP wasn't posting randomly), the headline suffices and I posted a quote from John Chen himself rebutting it - so it doesn't matter who said or will say it doesn't have a touchscreen, John Chen says it will.
    ZayDub likes this.
    05-15-14 02:28 PM
    Tell me how you would do a gesture to hub from a app on a trackpad....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Back button should take you to the home page.

Btw: the 9900 is touch screen, but not BB10

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-16-14 09:23 AM
42 12