Does anybody know what is happening with BlackBerry in Brazil? Im trying to realize but is being hard. I have already talked to a guy that works in the Brazilian BlackBerry and he said is all OK. But it is NOT ok, a lot of readers in my BLOG are complaining that is getting harder to find BlackBerry on stores... yesterday a guy told me that he went to a TIM Carrier store to buy a new BIS plan and the seller told him that they are not selling BIS anymore..... it seems things are getting very darker in Brazil.... for example check the official twitter of BlackBerry in Brazil:

https://twitter.com/blackberry_br

THEY CLOSED!!! Read the messages below i will post a translation from google translate to help you understand.

PORTUGUESE

1. Por favor siga a nossa conta Global em ingls: @BlackBerry. No perca todas as notcias da BlackBerry. Nos vemos l!

2. Nos mudamos e queremos levar vocs com a gente! Siga-nos em @BlackBerry. Compartilhe com um RT

ENGLISH

1. Please follow our Global account in English: @ BlackBerry. Do not miss all the news from BlackBerry. See you there!

2. We moved and we want to take you with us! Follow us on @ BlackBerry. Share with a RT

EVEN their FACEBOOK PAGE with 2 million brazilians!!! they deleted everything!!!

I feel it is happening a blackberry blackout in Brazil... the reason???? I truly dont know...... Anyone here have something to say about that?
    10-07-13 08:11 PM
    But was the store selling BB10 devices now instead, if BIS was no longer available?
    10-07-13 08:18 PM
    Yeah but here Blackberry devices are very expensive.... and a lot of people use old legacy devices yet.... but this is not the main point...

Is getting harder to find blackberry 10 devices on stores.... look what i wrote about blackberry official twitter etc.
    10-07-13 08:27 PM
    Yeah but here Blackberry devices are very expensive.... and a lot of people use old legacy devices yet.... but this is not the main point...

Is getting harder to find blackberry 10 devices on stores.... look what i wrote about blackberry official twitter etc.
    Nothing out of the ordinary.

BB fired 40% of their workforce, so there are some changes in store.

Depending on who you ask, that was either the apocalypse, or a Friday.
    10-07-13 08:33 PM
    I tried for months to get my Dad, who lives in Ro, to get a Z10. First, they took forever to actually launch it there, months after the S4 was available... then, it was outrageously priced (even by Brazil standards), eventually he finally went to the store (TIM?) and they didn't even have it... so he walked out with some mid-level Galaxy. So, yeah... not surprised at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:50 PM
    I'd be more excited if blackberry reintroduced the pager. At least you could then laugh instead of shaking your head in shame
    10-07-13 08:52 PM
    That's awful for BlackBerry in a country like Brazil that will become one of top on smartphone consumers soon ,and considering how expensive smartphones r here in Brazil is such a shame BlackBerry don't gave us the attention that our country deserves ..

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:57 PM
    Unfortunately we live in reality and BlackBerry has finite resources. They are struggling to keep the company afloat and need to invest where they still have a presence. I'm guessing what we have seen lately is move away from unprofitable markets and a focus on their core. This is probably tied to why they are offering sales over their website now for the diehards in these countries where they have retreated.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    10-07-13 10:45 PM
    Unfortunately we live in reality and BlackBerry has finite resources. They are struggling to keep the company afloat and need to invest where they still have a presence. I'm guessing what we have seen lately is move away from unprofitable markets and a focus on their core. This is probably tied to why they are offering sales over their website now for the diehards in these countries where they have retreated.

Posted from my Q10 on the West Coast
    The only thing that apparently BlackBerry is proactive about is saving money.... They were to worried about not spending all of their cash, or even cutting cost, before and after the launch that at this point what does it matter?

Really wonder what Palm might have accomplished with 3 Billion in the bank when they launched the Pre?
    10-08-13 07:56 AM
    An important person in the Brazilian BlackBerry told me today that Brazil is a strategic market for them and they are all at full steam here. That's what I want to believe but what I see in reality is quiet different. The guy told that their focus now (at least here?) is the enterprise market and individual consumers who use BlackBerry intensely as a productivity tool.

About the turn off related to social channels like twitter and facebook the guy told me that Brazilian BlackBerry turned off these main channels because they conducted an survey with their Brazilians customers and 85% of them told that they dont mind in reading in English. So this is another important clue that Brazilian BlackBerry is focusing mainly in the corporate market (where most of the people can read in English). Well thats quiet explains why is getting harder to find BlackBerry on stores. Finallly the guy told that they have 200K enterprise customers in Brazil using BES and 25K of them migrated to BES 10 solution just in a quarter......
    10-08-13 03:24 PM
    An important person in the Brazilian BlackBerry told me today that Brazil is a strategic market for them and they are all at full steam here. That's what I want to believe but what I see in reality is quiet different. The guy told that their focus now (at least here?) is the enterprise market and individual consumers who use BlackBerry intensely as a productivity tool.

About the turn off related to social channels like twitter and facebook the guy told me that Brazilian BlackBerry turned off these main channels because they conducted an survey with their Brazilians customers and 85% of them told that they dont mind in reading in English. So this is another important clue that Brazilian BlackBerry is focusing mainly in the corporate market (where most of the people can read in English). Well thats quiet explains why is getting harder to find BlackBerry on stores. Finallly the guy told that they have 200K enterprise customers in Brazil using BES and 25K of them migrated to BES 10 solution just in a quarter......
    Obrigado irmao.

It seems that BlackBerry is moving too fast out of consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 03:30 PM