Just saw the article in the NY Times and wondered what kind of effect this book will have on today's BlackBerry.
    Will this create more negativity and negative perception of the brand?

Behind the Downfall at BlackBerry - NYTimes.com

Attachment 354392

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    05-25-15 01:18 AM
    There is already another thread on this topic. http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...berry-1020092/
    jegs2 likes this.
    05-25-15 02:02 AM
    Didn't realize. I reacted more to the NY times giving it the exposure.

Mods, please close thread since there seems to already be another thread on the topic.

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.680 CB10
    05-25-15 07:20 AM
    I'll admit that I don't know all of the intimate business details of BlackBerry's rise OR fall. National Public Radio (NPR) featured an interview with the authors of "Losing the Signal" today. Here's an excerpt: They knew the iPhone was a huge threat, but they didnt think it would happen as quickly as it did, because the iPhone had so much capacity and drained so much bandwidth, that they assumed that the carriers would not be able to catch up with all the things that*they wanted to offer in the iPhone *whether it was Angry Birds or YouTube videos, Jacquie McNish told Here & Nows Jeremy Hobson. That was just an impossibility from BlackBerrys perspective.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:17 PM
    Book inspired me to try BlackBerry again. Just got a classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-15 10:52 PM
    I'll admit that I don't know all of the intimate business details of BlackBerry's rise OR fall. National Public Radio (NPR) featured an interview with the authors of "Losing the Signal" today. Here's an excerpt: “They knew the iPhone was a huge threat, but they didn’t think it would happen as quickly as it did, because the iPhone had so much capacity and drained so much bandwidth, that they assumed that the carriers would not be able to catch up with all the things that*they wanted to offer in the iPhone –*whether it was Angry Birds or YouTube videos,” Jacquie McNish told Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson. “That was just an impossibility from BlackBerry’s perspective.”

Posted via CB10
    That is always a mistake....

And one that Google didn't make, they saw the iPhone and that dumped their plans to copy BlackBerry and started coping Apple. When you live in the past... you become the past.
    techvisor likes this.
    06-08-15 08:04 AM
    Book inspired me to try BlackBerry again. Just got a classic.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto. I've been skimming EBay for a quick fix. Unfortunately I won't be on AT&T after my contract runs up, or else getting a Passport would've be a no-brainier.
    06-08-15 05:22 PM