08-09-16 01:02 PM
31 12
tools
    Can someone tell me why BlackBerry has to go to other hardware companies when they already have some good phone designs? Hmm... let's see.... the Z30 comes to mind. Yes, I am still using it and have been using it for the last couple of years! Like many others, waiting on BlackBerry to update the device. The design is already there, all they have to do is update the components! Unfortunately the Priv is not to my liking... they can even modify the Priv to make it an all touch with updated components. I think it would be a hit!

Posted via CB10
    07-28-16 10:14 AM
    The Z30 is a 3-year-old design. Only you and a handful of others want a 3-year-old design - they want something familiar but unique. Plus, different internals often require an extensive redesign anyway. Phone cases aren't like your desktop PC's ATX case, where a bunch of different motherboards will fit. Designing phones is a lot more complicated than you realize...
    07-28-16 09:21 PM
    If designing a phone is a lot more complicated than I realize, then I will have to admire Samsung. They were able to use the Galaxy S6 design, listen to their customer complaints about not being able to add more memory, and incorporate that, and more, in the Galaxy S7. I don't think the average consumer really cares about how complex it is to design a phone. If you are in the smartphone business, then it's up to them to produce a high tech smartphone that nears the capability of a computer, camera, & sound system... with it being waterproof! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Orange UK likes this.
    07-29-16 12:25 PM
    If designing a phone is a lot more complicated than I realize, then I will have to admire Samsung. They were able to use the Galaxy S6 design, listen to their customer complaints about not being able to add more memory, and incorporate that, and more, in the Galaxy S7. I don't think the average consumer really cares about how complex it is to design a phone. If you are in the smartphone business, then it's up to them to produce a high tech smartphone that nears the capability of a computer, camera, & sound system... with it being waterproof! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry doesn't have the volume to manufacture or even design hardware at this point. Rebadging is far more economical, involves far less risk and they can focus on their core specialties and competencies now, software. BB10 literally killed the hardware business as we know it. Further proof they should have embraced Android from the beginning.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-29-16 12:32 PM
    Blackberry doesn't have the volume to manufacture or even design hardware at this point. Rebadging is far more economical, involves far less risk and they can focus on their core specialties and competencies now, software. BB10 literally killed the hardware business as we know it. Further proof they should have embraced Android from the beginning.

No, BB decisions killed the BB hardware business as it prematurely killed OS, and then killed BB10.
    08-08-16 09:51 PM
    No, BB decisions killed the BB hardware business as it prematurely killed OS, and then killed BB10.
    BB10 was too late before they even started it. They never wanted to give up BIS platform and it's monthly revenue stream. Had ML, JB and TH started offering BlackBerry Hub Experience features on IOS and / or Android 8 years ago in app stores, things might be different. Even if BB10 was introduced same time as IOS/Android, still would have failed without BIS type income stream. ITunes with Appstore was Apple's wooden stake in BlackBerry heart. All hardware needs recurring annuitized revenue stream from software tie-in. Why do you think Microsoft is putting it's Office platform on IOS/Android?

08-09-16 01:02 PM
31 12