I was pleased to see advertisements for the Q5 throughout the Metro today. They are not the full wall adds like Nokia did for the Lumia last year but anything that brings awareness helps. Lots of folks here still use keyboard blackberry, Nokia and samsung devices. The price was still pretty steep at 9,500kc (just under 500 usd), but an ip5 is about 18000, so I suppose it's reasonable. I think at 8,000 kc they would move a lot faster.

I just recently started seeing Q10's in people hands here, so perhaps they are starting to catch on. The 9720 is moving better though. People really like that smaller form factor and the price (6000kc). I've seen quite a few of them.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 03:34 AM
    I was pleased to see advertisements for the Q5 throughout the Metro today. They are not the full wall adds like Nokia did for the Lumia last year but anything that brings awareness helps. Lots of folks here still use keyboard blackberry, Nokia and samsung devices. The price was still pretty steep at 9,500kc (just under 500 usd), but an ip5 is about 18000, so I suppose it's reasonable. I think at 8,000 kc they would move a lot faster.

I just recently started seeing Q10's in people hands here, so perhaps they are starting to catch on. The 9720 is moving better though. People really like that smaller form factor and the price (6000kc). I've seen quite a few of them.

Posted via CB10
    Just spoke to a friend the other day, he's in real estate in Budapest, he was looking for a tablet - I advised him to go Android but when I mentioned BB/Z30 it turned out he's still using BB OS because, as he said, he's a LOT faster and more convenient on his BB than on any other touch-only phone... as an old hater. of te.old BB.OS I found it very telling, to be honest.

Sent from my C6833 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-18-13 04:33 AM
    I agree with him. If I wasn't using a Q10 I'd be on an 9900. With my Q10 on 10.2 I have completely surpassed my productivity level I had with the 9900 with basic tasks and obviously has given me a few extra capabilities. I'd say it was about even for the basic communication functions before 10.2. Battery life is also far better than the 9900, which was my largest gripe(i always had a spare in my wallet)

Lack of native googlemaps is a killer for some travelers/business types because BBmaps are just horrible. If you miss one accent mark in a street name, for example you type Milesovska instead of Mile?ovsk BlackBerry maps can't find it, googlemaps will. Also bbmaps does not have subway and tram info integrated. Once I sideloaded this problem went away. Now if only I could just have charging contacts again.

OS 7 is actually really really good from a stability and productivity standpoint. I really enjoyed using it and it should stick around for a while on lower end devices because it works so well with limited hardware, unlike android which is laggy on anything that is not premium hardware.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:01 AM