08-01-14 02:17 PM
53 123
tools
    Looks like the idiots got it eventually. It took them an hour to decipher the press release. Unbelievable...

Edit: or not, I spoke too early... they are still digesting )
    If this is really true then you are going to be rich, my friend. Just buy a ton of shares or options as soon as you hear some good news. Congratulations! You've beaten Wall Street!
    Last edited by early2bed; 07-29-14 at 11:46 AM.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-29-14 11:28 AM
    Was reading about this in cnbc.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101875175

And I love this part..
    'Some will assure you that their security is as tight as Fort Knox or Iron-clad or "Good enough," while others make Big Blue sky promises about keeping the doctor away.'

Indirectly hitting at competitors or competitors wannabe... LOL...
    Love this JC guy..

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-29-14 11:45 AM
    i am aware of all that... but i bet you that if Blackberry were to sell very well its next iteration of BB10 devices then the stock would gain some % in a few hours after the numbers come out.
    And the messaging, security focus and BES wouldn't have move an iota in that while (or would have grow further), to point out the stock is very influenced by the mobile market situation (if Blackberry were to ditch the smartphones as a manufacturer we should see the lowest value ever...even if they could probably survive and even grow just licensing BB10... but i hope they'll continue to make hardware as i really love my Q10 and can't wait for the Passport to be available).
    I know, and this proves my point that investors are not very bright. Ignoring so many important parts of a company just because you don't understand them is a big mistake. If they don't understand/know everything a company has to offer they should not invest in it.
    07-29-14 12:01 PM
    i love it when a plan comes together....longterm thinking
    07-29-14 12:08 PM
    If this is really true then you are going to be rich, my friend. Just buy a ton of shares or options as soon as you hear some good news. Congratulations! You've beaten Wall Street!
    That's not how it works. If I am the only one buying and everyone else either selling or holding their stock, the price will go down.
    07-29-14 12:09 PM
    Missing the big point.

Having pics of BlackBerry phones with Secusmart logos on then isn't so good for BlackBerry. Smart to take this in house. Shouts loudly BlackBerry not good enough

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    anon1727506 likes this.
    07-29-14 12:11 PM
    I'm excited about the acquisition!

STA100-6 WhiteZ30_SA
    07-29-14 12:29 PM
    That's not how it works. If I am the only one buying and everyone else either selling or holding their stock, the price will go down.
    If you are buying and everyone else is selling then the stock simply isn't worth what you are paying for it. You may think it's worth more but it simply isn't unless you are able to find a buyer.
    anon1727506 likes this.
    07-29-14 12:56 PM
    I know, and this proves my point that investors are not very bright. Ignoring so many important parts of a company just because you don't understand them is a big mistake. If they don't understand/know everything a company has to offer they should not invest in it.
    If BlackBerry could have a couple of good quarters where sales where up, revenues where up, and they were in the Black..... people would invest.

Until then the rest of what is going on with BlackBerry is just background noise - it's making the speculators happy, but that's about it.
    07-29-14 01:36 PM
    Investors buy into companies to make money. Whether or not BBRY has the best in technology is irrelevant. If BBRY isn't returning well on the investment, their Best In Class is completely moot. Investors (the good ones anyway) don't give a whit about the product or service, they only care whether it sells and makes them money. I wouldn't call the investors stupid or morons. I'd say they're pretty smart at the moment. The fluctuations you see in BBRY today (and for the last couple of years) are not from investors, but rather Traders. Huge difference between the two.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    07-29-14 01:49 PM
    Buy buy stock now!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:37 PM
    BBM protected voice??
    07-29-14 07:04 PM
    Wow. This is a tiny company with tiny revenues. Not a game changer.
    The statements made by the actual German government concerning mobile phone security this very day will be a game changer. Just supporting the needs of the German government will triple (my estimate) Secusmart's revenues overnight.
    07-29-14 08:37 PM
    If one word causes the stock to sell off this is being traded by a bunch of chimps. It was more ten just that people were expecting a big merger deal and they didn't get it so it sold off. They are hiring a few people with specific targeted abilities. It won't be 10000 employees effect to the bottom line will be minimal

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-29-14 08:40 PM
    Missing the big point.

Having pics of BlackBerry phones with Secusmart logos on then isn't so good for BlackBerry. Smart to take this in house. Shouts loudly BlackBerry not good enough

How many times does this have to be said? Unless you're moving your email through BES10, everything that goes through your service provider is subject to interception. Unless you're targeting a single phone, everything that passes through your provider can, and does, get intercepted inside your provider. It's not the phone, it's AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Vodaphone, Deutsche Telekom. Orange, etc. where the vulnerabilities occur.
    07-29-14 08:47 PM
    This is a pretty good example of non-consumer-oriented technology. Consumers aren't going to value this at all compared to what Apple and Google are bringing to their platforms. This is further evidence of a completely enterprise-oriented focus which is Blackberry's only chance in the smartphone market.

Look for more of this kind of stuff and less of everything else that consumers want. Most Crackberrians are going to find it harder keep interest in technology that they don't use.
    07-29-14 08:48 PM
    How many times does this have to be said? Unless you're moving your email through BES10, everything that goes through your service provider is subject to interception. Unless you're targeting a single phone, everything that passes through your provider can, and does, get intercepted inside your provider. It's not the phone, it's AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Vodaphone, Deutsche Telekom. Orange, etc. where the vulnerabilities occur.
    Ans anyone running a BES server would have to obey a court order too.

Concerns are for extra legal, illegal snooping. Criminals and foreign govs. Thus sniffing and use of backdoors

07-29-14 11:54 PM
    Investors buy into companies to make money. Whether or not BBRY has the best in technology is irrelevant. If BBRY isn't returning well on the investment, their Best In Class is completely moot. Investors (the good ones anyway) don't give a whit about the product or service, they only care whether it sells and makes them money. I wouldn't call the investors stupid or morons. I'd say they're pretty smart at the moment. The fluctuations you see in BBRY today (and for the last couple of years) are not from investors, but rather Traders. Huge difference between the two.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I disagree, not knowing everything about a company's products before investing in it is a pretty dumb move. By your logic, investors would only trade for a few hours after an earnings call and then hold their position for another 3 months.
    Market trends, acquisitions, new products or product updates, restructuring, etc. all matter.

A good investor (and I'm not sure there are any out there) would actually not trade at all after an earnings call because he should already know the results based on the things I mentioned above.

Traders are just short term investors and what I said above applies to both groups.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 04:02 AM
    I disagree, not knowing everything about a company's products before investing in it is a pretty dumb move. By your logic, investors would only trade for a few hours after an earnings call and then hold their position for another 3 months.
    Market trends, acquisitions, new products or product updates, restructuring, etc. all matter.

A good investor (and I'm not sure there are any out there) would actually not trade at all after an earnings call because he should already know the results based on the things I mentioned above.

Traders are just short term investors and what I said above applies to both groups.

Posted via CB10
    Of course investors perform their due diligence and research the companies to know everything they can about them. They would be crazy not to. But a company's products, patents, IP, etc.. is not the sole determining factor. A company could have those things at stellar levels, but if the company can't manage to make a buck, then a smart investor would be wise to not waste their money on it.
    07-30-14 08:36 AM
    People.. 90% of investors are sheep as well. Realize that in today's fast pace world many of these investors have no time to complete a full review of a company in depth. They simply go off of other people's reports or perceived performance.
    Just go back to many other cases where a company was written off by the investors only to find its way back to the fore.

Recovery will be a long road to convince the consumer that BlackBerry is here for the long haul and is working to establish itself as a strong viable company.

JC is doing exactly that. Good job! Now some marketing this fall will help.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-14 09:30 AM
    It's encrypted BES to device with the BES key. My Android to Exchange connection is encrypted with my Exchange certificate. Your BES mail still goes through the carrier. And un-encrypted between mail servers.
    07-30-14 12:58 PM
    It's encrypted BES to device with the BES key. My Android to Exchange connection is encrypted with my Exchange certificate. Your BES mail still goes through the carrier. And un-encrypted between mail servers.
    I don't quite get what you are explaining. Perhaps I'm a bit slow. So you are saying that BES has such a gaping security hole (as explained by you), that I am now confused as to why anybody should waste their time with the insecure product.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3253
    07-30-14 03:30 PM
    Germany to examine BlackBerry's planned Secusmart buy
    But a spokeswoman for the German economy ministry said on Wednesday the ministry would have to check whether German security would be affected by the sale.

She said the ministry would decide within a month whether a deeper investigation was necessary, at the end of which the government could block the sale.
    I'm sure its probably just a formality just like Canada would review any sale of BB but interesting nonetheless. Probably want to make sure NSA doesn't have hooks in Waterloo somehow.
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-30-14 03:36 PM
    I don't quite get what you are explaining. Perhaps I'm a bit slow. So you are saying that BES has such a gaping security hole (as explained by you), that I am now confused as to why anybody should waste their time with the insecure product.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3253
    First, all data goes through the carrier's network. With BES, data is encrypted between the device and the BES server using keys generated and stored on the BES. Using ActiveSync, the data is encrypted using a security certificate. In theory, it is easier to obtain a copy of the cert than the BES keys.

But as soon as the email leaves your mail server behind your BES to go to another mail server, it is unencrypted and no more or less secure than mail originating from any other client.
    zephyr613 and m1kr0 like this.
    07-31-14 08:33 AM
    First, all data goes through the carrier's network. With BES, data is encrypted between the device and the BES server using keys generated and stored on the BES. Using ActiveSync, the data is encrypted using a security certificate. In theory, it is easier to obtain a copy of the cert than the BES keys.

But as soon as the email leaves your mail server behind your BES to go to another mail server, it is unencrypted and no more or less secure than mail originating from any other client.
    There are some situations where the communications would at least be TLS encrypted between mailservers, or you could have a public key you share with your contacts so they can decrypt your messages if more security is needed. But while BES does have good security, just having BES by itself does not imply that the entire mail end to end connection is secure. Having a false sense of security can be a dangerous thing.

For that, you should use BBM Protected when it comes out
    07-31-14 11:21 AM
53 123