09-20-14 06:16 PM
36 12
tools
    Does Android already have a virtual dual SIM solution? I recall hearing about this somewhere...
    If so, seems like BlackBerry is just trying to keep up...

Flicked out via Zed30
    Yet you present no data.If they did it would be a big deal all over the net yet nothing.I Just googled ''android virtual sim'' and BB and morvirtu pop up.And alot of droid users saying ''that would be brilliant'' hope it gets done. And well Its Patented BB tech now..

At least read the data and research thoroughly. Instead of your downer comments. This is far beyond just virtual sims.This company has several products they already have carriers on board.
    This is not just some 1 OS feature.It works acorss 3 platforms already.BB will no doubt push this to be carrier standard.There should already be a rush for this.Networks love to find ways to get money out of customers.Over time it will save networks alot of money from making sim cards.The numbers do look good on the amount of people with multiple numbers.This is a great aquisition.

When all pieces are put together and OS intergration is done will be intresting how BB cash up from this.
    HUNTZODIAC likes this.
    09-12-14 07:08 PM
    They haven't stopped spending

QNX
    NewBay
    Paratek
    Scoreloop
    TAT
    Secusmart

All in the last few years.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, though they definitely curtailed it for a bit. Almost all of these were pre-BlackBerry 10. One could argue that many of Mike and Jim's purchased companies weren't used well or integrated well, yet millions were spent. Yeah - QNX and TAT played a big part in BlackBerry 10, but others like NewBay and Scoreloop didn't really amount to much in the company.

Chen seems more specific, focused on small closely fit techs. I think that's a good thing.
    abwan11 likes this.
    09-13-14 12:51 PM
    Does Android already have a virtual dual SIM solution? I recall hearing about this somewhere...
    If so, seems like BlackBerry is just trying to keep up...

Flicked out via Zed30
    Are you for real?

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-13-14 01:01 PM
    Chens vision is becoming crystal clear. Defining what Blackberry means as a brand and a company.
    09-14-14 01:17 PM
    Part of Chens vision is for the competition to sell like hell. BlackBerry is going to make more money off of selling software/services to BYOD/consumer android, ios and windows phones adopters then they ever made with BIS revenues(an exmaple) etc past, present and future.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    09-14-14 06:16 PM
    Seems like a good move considering their current strategy. I'm glad to see BlackBerry picking a strategy and following through with it.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    09-15-14 12:45 AM
    Very smart!
    09-16-14 12:42 PM
    Very smart!
    Yep, very smart(but not only)phones!

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-17-14 07:21 PM
    What about those who travel out of country? this will not be good for them...as it has to be on the same carrier.
    Only 2 physical sim card will work for them.
    09-20-14 02:44 PM
    What about those who travel out of country? this will not be good for them...as it has to be on the same carrier.
    Only 2 physical sim card will work for them.
    Not if the phone is unlocked...
    09-20-14 03:54 PM
    Not if the phone is unlocked...
    even tho with an unlocked phone...the 2 phone number would have to come from the same carrier to work...unless that there is something that is not well explain..
    to my understanding it is run by the carrier

http://m.theglobeandmail.com/technol...service=mobile
    09-20-14 06:16 PM
36 12