11-30-07 08:37 PM
41 12
tools
    My last phone was the "cingular" 8525 which is a touch screen pocket PC and I must say touch screens lack the speed that traditional phones have when it comes to navigation. I hope BlackBerry doesn't change to try and be competitive.
    11-25-07 10:57 PM
    I think ken has a decent point..... Touch screen is cool but once you get past the glittering prizes, for the amount of texts, emails and bbm that I do, having to use a touch screen does not sound appealing in the least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-07 12:56 AM
    yeah this is garbage. ive read every review on the curve and the most glaring think reviewers like about the curve besides its push email is its QWERTY keyboard. the feel is amazing. who needs touch when we have the best keyboard on the market and one of the best overall handsets on t he market.
    11-27-07 01:14 AM
    I don't know about "t" screens, but it seems to me that whatever RIM does, It is gonna be head & shoulders above the competition. I am being continually surprised by my Curve's abilities. "I'll be right there, honey!! Just one more line..."snorrffff" WOW!, what a rush!!"
    11-27-07 03:13 AM
    Wow, so many posters here are whining a bit to much about touchscreen. RIM only has 3 main devices on the market now (the 8700 is fading fast).

8100 Pearl Series -Suretype Consumer-Prosumer Device
    8300 Curve Series- QWERTY Consumer-Prosumer-Business Device
    8800 Series- Business device/no camera for certain business people

I don't see why RIM can't add a 4th type

9000? Series- Consumer Touchscreen Device

I SERIOUSLY doubt RIM is looking to replace any of the other 3 series, but just add another style in an attempt to lure more people over to the Crackberry Addiction. The new touchscreen consumer device would probably function like an iPhone but with Blackberry Push Email. I feel adding a 4th device to the stunning lineup would just help RIM. Once the touchscreen hits RIM, I believe you will see new versions of the Pearl, Curve, and 8800 Series that will include 3G, WiFi, and GPS and even TV on your Berry. RIM will lead the way in having one device that does everything.

I personally can't wait for editing Word and Excel documents on my BB (for free)
    11-28-07 09:36 PM
    I Dont Think Its Going To Happen Bcuz A Couple Of Weeks Ago I Went To A Blkbry Launch And I Did Ask That Question About That Touch Screen.....the Person Told Me Know That It Blk Wont Have A Touch Screen......well We Will See
    11-28-07 09:43 PM
    No* Sorry.....lolo Error
    11-28-07 09:44 PM
    Tiger, I have to agree with you. I posted before that I think it would be dumb for RIM to create such a device. Well after what you have said, I say hats off to you RIM! I would not like to own a touch screen(not my style). I don't like the 8830, so I don't own one. So I look at it like this now, if it makes RIM more money and gives them the revenue to create better BBs then I say bravo RIM, bravo!

11-28-07 09:46 PM
    Tulidaangel, a RIM employee is not aloud to talk to ANY one about up and coming BBs. They sign papers about everything being confidential. Now please anyone correct me if I am wrong on the above text that I have submitted.

Click

11-28-07 09:51 PM
    Hmm lets see, Im living without it right now, which means I can live without it when/if this device sees the light of day. Problem solved.
    11-28-07 10:17 PM
    There will never be a touchscreen BB! With market share going up all the time, why break what isn't broken?
    11-29-07 10:53 AM
    There will never be a touchscreen BB! With market share going up all the time, why break what isn't broken?
    Because, if RIM's adds a touchscreen, they could make EVEN MORE money! I personally don't care if RIM comes out with a touchscreen or not, but anything that helps RIM, helps me, since I'm a major crackberry addict.

So many people are acting like adding a touchscreen device will RUIN things. Adding a new choice to the 3 current models only seems like it would give more casual consumer types an alternative to the iPhone.

With Micro-SD cards getting bigger every few months, the difference between a touchscreen iPhone with 8 or 16 or more built-in GB's and a RIM touchscreen BB with SD slot accommating SD's that hold 4 or 8 GB's will be almost non-existant. In 2 years, it is easy to assume you could see iPhones and touchscreen BB's that could hold 30 or 60 GB's, contain 3G, WiFi, GPS, play TV, stream music, play videos and have faster processors.

I personally think competion in the smartphone/cellphone world is only benefiting the consumer. If RIM offers more competion to Apple, we could see even newer innovations in only a few years! I love the way RIM, Apple, LG, HTC and Samsung are progressing.
    11-29-07 11:05 AM
    Because, if RIM's adds a touchscreen, they could make EVEN MORE money! I personally don't care if RIM comes out with a touchscreen or not, but anything that helps RIM, helps me, since I'm a major crackberry addict.

So many people are acting like adding a touchscreen device will RUIN things. Adding a new choice to the 3 current models only seems like it would give more casual consumer types an alternative to the iPhone.

With Micro-SD cards getting bigger every few months, the difference between a touchscreen iPhone with 8 or 16 or more built-in GB's and a RIM touchscreen BB with SD slot accommating SD's that hold 4 or 8 GB's will be almost non-existant. In 2 years, it is easy to assume you could see iPhones and touchscreen BB's that could hold 30 or 60 GB's, contain 3G, WiFi, GPS, play TV, stream music, play videos and have faster processors.

I personally think competion in the smartphone/cellphone world is only benefiting the consumer. If RIM offers more competion to Apple, we could see even newer innovations in only a few years! I love the way RIM, Apple, LG, HTC and Samsung are progressing.

Well said. Competition breeds innovation. RIM is just branching out to a broader consumer base. A broader base will mean an even stronger foothold in the market. I doubt they will stray from their bread and butter of corporate security/email technology/etc.
    11-29-07 12:06 PM
    Edit.......
    Last edited by Jamdiver; 07-16-08 at 03:22 PM. Reason: EDIT
    11-30-07 11:33 AM
    not interested in a touch screen model because i will not be able to text no where near as fast as i do now. not to mention I have long and beautiful nails that works perfectly with KEYS...LOL
    11-30-07 01:40 PM
    I wouldn't mind a touchscreen, but I don't have to have it and I wouldn't want to lose the BB keyboard -I am much more excited about the other possibilities such as 3g and wifi and gps.
    11-30-07 08:37 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD