05-24-14 10:48 AM
149 ... 3456
tools
    looks like a lot of people are going to be disappointed..

it's obvious that 10.3 won't come out until Septemberish and 10.3.1 (if that wasn't a typo) will be out by December.
    Hopefully you guys do realize that we are waiting on 10.2.1 MR and then 10.2.2 is next.

I don't even think it will be that soon since blackberry usually launch in 3 month increments. Something doesn't seem right unless they are going to merge 10.2.1 MR with 10.2.2 which is highly unlikely
    You are extremely wrong! I don't believe there will be any 10.2.1 MR and if there is then there will be no 10.2.2, just wait and see!

3 month aren't enough for all that Adobe stuff you're talking about to get converted? Just wait and see, it will be out by late July or early August and 10.3.1 will be out by late November.

And just do you know it has been mentioned before that the amount of apps that use Adobe Air are very small.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 09:34 AM
    The Z50 and 10.3.1 won't be released until they figure out how to fix the watermark glitch!
    Good one! LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:39 AM
    You are extremely wrong! I don't believe there will be any 10.2.1 MR and if there is then there will be no 10.2.2, just wait and see!

3 month aren't enough for all that Adobe stuff you're talking about to get converted? Just wait and see, it will be out by late July or early August and 10.3.1 will be out by late November.

And just do you know it has been mentioned before that the amount of apps that use Adobe Air are very small.

Posted via CB10
    how am I wrong? I gave you proof of a press conference release at Mobile World Congress? Why would they still be working on 10.2.1, for fun?

With your logic we should be seeing updates every 2 months, please don't become a psychic.

smh..
    04-25-14 12:31 PM
    how am I wrong? I gave you proof of a press conference release at Mobile World Congress? Why would they still be working on 10.2.1, for fun?

With your logic we should be seeing updates every 2 months, please don't become a psychic.

smh..
    If they are still working on 10.2.1 then there is no 10.2.2 I don't think they are working on 3 updates at the same time plus I don't see any point on working on 10.2.1 anymore, but as I said maybe there won't be 10.2.2.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:03 PM
    If they are still working on 10.2.1 then there is no 10.2.2 I don't think they are working on 3 updates at the same time plus I don't see any point on working on 10.2.1 anymore, but as I said maybe there won't be 10.2.2.

Posted via CB10
    Its nice to know how things work before you comment making up very off claims. Out of all the newest builds: I spotted
    1. 10.2.2.877 ( which is no where near even being stable, based on the past OS'. Once 10.2.2.1xxx then they need to make optimizations before it goes public)
    2. and second is 10.2.1.3115 is the second newest but im am finding higher builds weekly, compared to 10.3 and 10.2.2.

This is how BlackBerry always have done it. They split up in to multiple branches and when one is complete they carry it to the next OS update and try to make it stable while adding the new features.

Right now they haven't stopped working on 10.2.1 MR and no they arent just making it for fun. They will definitely make an MR, it just makes sense based on the spottings.

Get it now?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 01:54 PM
    After 10.2.1, what more could you possibly want?

Posted via CB10
    For example, what about faster app load times? Including embedded ones (eg: file picker, edit reminder, open facebook within hub, etc)

Most of the times BB10 feels like Symbian even if it has far superior hardware. If you compare general usage with Windows Phone or iOS, bb10 feels like a snail.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:32 PM
    Its nice to know how things work before you comment making up very off claims. Out of all the newest builds: I spotted
    1. 10.2.2.877 ( which is no where near even being stable, based on the past OS'. Once 10.2.2.1xxx then they need to make optimizations before it goes public)
    2. and second is 10.2.1.3115 is the second newest but im am finding higher builds weekly, compared to 10.3 and 10.2.2.

This is how BlackBerry always have done it. They split up in to multiple branches and when one is complete they carry it to the next OS update and try to make it stable while adding the new features.

Right now they haven't stopped working on 10.2.1 MR and no they arent just making it for fun. They will definitely make an MR, it just makes sense based on the spottings.

Get it now?

Posted via CB10
    Can you tell me what needed a fix in 10.2.1 for them to release a MR for it? Of course other than the mess happening on the STL100-1.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:36 PM
    Can you tell me what needed a fix in 10.2.1 for them to release a MR for it? Of course other than the mess happening on the STL100-1.

Posted via CB10
    battery optimization for sure but other then that to be honest I haven't had any bugs on my Z30 or Q10 and my brother hasn't on his Z10. There can always be android runtime improvements like we was in 10.3 but they will be doing that for all branches. There are people getting bugs from 10.2.1 if you look at the leaked OS section but I haven't experienced any myself.

10.2.1.1055 had much better life then the current 10.2.1 builds. I had to get a newphone from my Q10 because it couldn't even last a full day anymore when it could last 1-2 days of heavy usage before the last 10.2.1 update. Thankfully my Z30 last 1.5-2 days of heavy usage which is good for me since I travel a lot.

It's not up to us to decide what 10.2.1 is missing and what more is to do on the branch. They are working on it more then any other branch that i've seen spotted so obviously they think it needs to be perfected for Z3 launch in May (unless they merge it with 10.2.2 which is highly 99.99% based on the past OS').

Until then we can only guess. But I'm giving you an educated guess based on the past and I have been right for all time frames so far.
    04-25-14 03:54 PM
    $20 says T-Mobile will attempt not to release it at all. I'll be peeved. Finally got my Z10 back only for my carrier to lose their contract. *Sighs*

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    I feel your pain, that's why I only buy unlocked Canadian models, so I know I will continue to get the updates even if T Mobile refuses to give them to me.

I am hoping Blackberry will push the updates out to the T Mobile users here in the USA, only time will tell.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    WanShark69 likes this.
    04-26-14 06:25 AM
    it was an example of an adobe air app generator which is making BB world look like a joke with "App for", apps like "App for Google+"

SO not only Blackberry has no apps, it has the most fake apps per capita then any other App Store using that dumb Adobe App Generator
    I don't think so. Where did you read that those apps are written in Air?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 07:16 AM
    Dumb question : There seems to be a lot of visibility over 10.3.1 which is supposed to land end of year. I heard it's supposed to be a "HUGE" change. What's the big deal with 10.3.1? What are we expecting to see?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:51 AM
    Dumb question : There seems to be a lot of visibility over 10.3.1 which is supposed to land end of year. I heard it's supposed to be a "HUGE" change. What's the big deal with 10.3.1? What are we expecting to see?

Posted via CB10
    10.3 is the one supposed to be a big change

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:06 AM
    10.3 is the one supposed to be a big change

Posted via CB10
    Thank you. I suppose nobody really knows what to expect right?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 11:08 AM
    battery optimization for sure but other then that to be honest I haven't had any bugs on my Z30 or Q10 and my brother hasn't on his Z10. There can always be android runtime improvements like we was in 10.3 but they will be doing that for all branches. There are people getting bugs from 10.2.1 if you look at the leaked OS section but I haven't experienced any myself.

10.2.1.1055 had much better life then the current 10.2.1 builds. I had to get a newphone from my Q10 because it couldn't even last a full day anymore when it could last 1-2 days of heavy usage before the last 10.2.1 update. Thankfully my Z30 last 1.5-2 days of heavy usage which is good for me since I travel a lot.

It's not up to us to decide what 10.2.1 is missing and what more is to do on the branch. They are working on it more then any other branch that i've seen spotted so obviously they think it needs to be perfected for Z3 launch in May (unless they merge it with 10.2.2 which is highly 99.99% based on the past OS').

Until then we can only guess. But I'm giving you an educated guess based on the past and I have been right for all time frames so far.
    I haven't been wrong on time frames too but our argument seems to be about if there will be 10.2.1 MR and 10.2.2 or just one of them.

we'll see what happens, it's only a few days away to know

Posted via CB10
    khehl likes this.
    04-26-14 11:09 AM
    Thank you. I suppose nobody really knows what to expect right?

Posted via CB10
    Uh not exactly but if you see the 10.3 leak you can get an idea at design elements. Much flatter UI, new flat keyboard, possibly change of colour scheme (red highlights vs. Blue) many think they may open up the ui colours for user customization. Uh gestures! Lift phone up to wake it up. And face screen down to put it in a battery saving mode!

Going to be awesome!

Posted via CB10
    neteng1000 likes this.
    04-27-14 03:30 PM
    Doubt it will happen: devices on contract already on the network, BB would be bound by contracts on who can update and they don't have the leverage for future devices. They may be able to send an email on how to update manually but then have to be able to support their customers for issues arising from the update instead of sending them to carriers for support.

Imagine the cluster if BB pushed an update that broke Tmob WFC.
    Right, that makes sense. Chaos!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 01:49 AM
    A similar thread on t-mobile section got closed. I would like to point out that T-mobile customers have a special case regarding 10.3 since wifi calling needs to be supported. Further, out carrier and BlackBerry are not getting along. The moderator might want or consider unlocking the thread in the T-mobile section since it is a different situation for us.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 02:12 AM
    So there is in fact a 10.2.1 MR and they were working on 3 branches at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 01:34 PM
    BlackBerry needs to deliver BlackBerry OS 10.3 by early July to capture back-to-school sales season especially for the college and university demographic. Market BlackBerry 10 Cloud to colleges and universities as a secure ans reliable way to communicate with students using BlackBerry, Apple and the plethora of Google Android smartphones and tablets.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    haringfish likes this.
    05-08-14 09:20 AM
    So there is in fact a 10.2.1 MR and they were working on 3 branches at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong! There is no 10.2.2

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:35 AM
    Here's the chance to see direct BlackBerry support to T-Mobile U.S.A. BlackBerry users...
    I had my thread closed about this. T-Mobile isn't supporting BlackBerry anymore so I don't think they would put out the 10.3 update.

I'd think that if they are supporting wifi calling, they'd advise their customers to stay on the current os.
    05-09-14 09:00 PM
    T-mobile has literally no concern about new os releases from here on out. That despite their claims to continue supporting BlackBerry customers....

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 09:16 PM
    I just called T-Mobile and they said they'll pish it out when BlackBerry pushes it out. But take that with a grain of salt because remember T-Mobile and 10.2!!!!!!
    05-09-14 09:47 PM
    I just called T-Mobile and they said they'll pish it out when BlackBerry pushes it out. But take that with a grain of salt because remember T-Mobile and 10.2!!!!!!
    I'm sure somebody at T-Mobile told you that, but how does one just phone T-mobile and speak to anyone with authority? If you call t-mobile, you get a first level CSR, not an executive responsible for implementing policy.

Of course if T-Mobile users don't get 10.3 or if they get it without wifi calling, that would be another reason to switch to AT$T.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 02:24 AM
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 Releasing End of Year - N4BB

Article says it all, but they expect 10.3.1 to release by years end. Which means 10.3 will be launched before that. Something we all assumed, but its nice to know that 10.3.1 will come by years end, which should mean that 10.3 should be before Sept/Oct.

We all saw 10.2 launch in fall and then 10.2.1 many months later...so if we follow that time period of about 4 months. 10.3 should launch no later than September!

I am hoping for July summer release.

And for anyone saying they will wait for a new device, there aren't many new devices in the lineup as far as we know it, so they won't wait for a new device. IMO

Anyways enjoy!
    End of year blackberry time is roughly march/April 2015... Would be my guess,

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    05-10-14 07:16 AM
149 ... 3456