05-24-14 09:48 AM
149 12345 ...
tools
    I don't think 10.3 will be launched in May...most likely 10.2.2 will be launching in that time period and will allow for the different screen rez.
    I think not, there has to be an OS update coming out with the Z3 and I'm pretty sure it's 10.2.2.

10.3 SDK is coming out in May, since when does it take them 3 months + from SDK to official? 10.3 is most likely coming out in july and 10.3.1 with the classic in November.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 12:05 AM
    I think 10.3 will be launching in May and 10.3.1 in September IMO
    04-24-14 03:51 AM
    I think 10.3 will be launching in May and 10.3.1 in September IMO
    You do understand that BlackBerry pushes out the SDK to give developers time to rework their apps if need be. They many times issue a couple of version...

Anything is possible, but if 10.3 is a major change..... Apps will not be able to take advantage of UI changes or API changes...might even cause some to fail.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 05:41 AM
    You do understand that BlackBerry pushes out the SDK to give developers time to rework their apps if need be. They many times issue a couple of version...

Anything is possible, but if 10.3 is a major change..... Apps will not be able to take advantage of UI changes or API changes...might even cause some to fail.

Posted via CB10
    And you do understand that they are pushing out the SDK in May, so definitely the official can't get any later than late July or early August maximum!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 06:09 AM
    You mean we'll learn that the new device will have a tool-belt?!
    no i mean that you generally find in the code references to other devices (like screen size, dpi, new keyboard interactions that give you some clue about which innovations will be introduced etc.) meant to receive 10.3 update, so if there's a new big flagship device we could see any information about it. (obviously there would be some changes between devices sporting physical keyboard with a tool-bel/physical keyboard without a tool-belt/ full touch device.
    Last edited by BroncoVAL; 04-25-14 at 06:14 AM.
    04-24-14 06:45 AM
    And you do understand that they are pushing out the SDK in May, so definitely the official can't get any later than late July or early August maximum!

Posted via CB10
    You're mistaken. How long did it take for BlackBerry 10 to be released after BlackBerry unveiled the BlackBerry 10 SDK's?

Posted via CB10
    menshawy likes this.
    04-24-14 07:10 AM
    It does not take much for BB to get us excited. But I think news about 10.3.1 is hardly excited to wait that long. I wanted to hear news about new tablet, car os, watches,high end phones and all we got is 10.3.1!? And even that at the end of the year? Really BB? I did not find anything that would keep me all excited about 10.3. Kinna disappointed really.
    04-24-14 08:00 AM
    $10 says that AT&T won't officially release it until 2016.
    04-24-14 08:13 AM
    $10 says that AT&T won't officially release it until 2016.
    $20 says T-Mobile will attempt not to release it at all. I'll be peeved. Finally got my Z10 back only for my carrier to lose their contract. *Sighs*

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    04-24-14 08:21 AM
    It does not take much for BB to get us excited. But I think news about 10.3.1 is hardly excited to wait that long. I wanted to hear news about new tablet, car os, watches,high end phones and all we got is 10.3.1!? And even that at the end of the year? Really BB? I did not find anything that would keep me all excited about 10.3. Kinna disappointed really.
    Tablet - OK, that would be great, but BB is signaling that it's not going to play in that space.

Car OS - it's already there (QNX). It's the machinery running the show. Not sure what exactly you're looking for here, unless it's "an BB10-like OS to run on top of QNX and be a competitor to iOS" (which would be nice, but not sure how long that would take to get up and running and whether car manufacturers are even interested).

Watches - IMO, totally overrated. Craploads of hype, by and large high-priced toys that do stuff you can get done for a fraction of the cost from already-existing devices.

High-end phones - if BB is having difficulty with market penetration, I'm not sure investing a ton of money in high-end devices is the best way to go, especially since there's a real risk of having millions of dollars in unsold inventory sitting around, forcing more losses for a company already trying to bridge from the past to the future and preserve cash in the process. Now ... if BB can make a truly "game changing" device (and I don't know what that would be, short of maybe being able to pack a small computer into a phone and make it easily usable), sure - but when carriers are "supporting" Blackberry with "the company is dead, no one buys their phones, ... here, let me hawk you an iPhone or a Galaxy or anything else that's not Blackberry" BB could put out the world's best phone and it would still be an uphill battle courtesy of salespeople obligated to hit sales targets for other manufacturers.

The best thing that could happen to BB (and I'm really shocked that we're in 2014 and it still hasn't happened) is that either (A) security in Android and/or iOS is exploited and puts millions of users at risk, and/or (B) someone exploits a flaw in one of the competing enterprise systems to BES that makes information presumed to be "confidential and safe" available and hooks a company for a massive liability for the breach. Either of those would give BB an instant opportunity to market its products as end-to-end secure and attract people/companies who suddenly realize "you know what, better security may cost a little more - but for my peace of mind, it's totally worth it." BB's niche is security; as long as people are lax about it, BB's going to suffer as people settle for lower-quality products.
    menshawy and StormieTwo like this.
    04-24-14 08:27 AM
    I saw somewhere that 10.2.2 SDK would be out in May. Maybe we'll see some leaks

The 10.3 in the fall or later.
    04-24-14 09:20 AM
    I think they should think twice about tablet business, and rest of it as well. When you think of the apple or android what appeals me the most is building the ecosystem surrounding their devices. How could they fight apple when these guys have MACs,apple tv,ipads,and soon watches and car integration that works great together? The same stands for android and windows. The milion dollar question is not how to switch ppl to use BB10 instead of iphones or android devices. The question is how to convince them to use BB10 device that would not work with any of the already purchased other devices that work seamlessly with previos devices. Don't even have to mention application situation.
    But to be honest the very same concern has apple and google, but at least they could offer replacement for everything pretty much. BB has devices whose OS is still not matured enough and ppl are waiting small OS upgrade to 10.3 for a next 6 months?? Ok I have loaded 10.3 leak month ago or so, really there is nothing huge there that I consider big, or big enough to be too hyped about it.
    So now they will say BB offers security and they focus on enterprises again. Oh man... that kind of thinking got them where they are right now. It is a rather matter of when, then if the other two guys will take over corporate world as well. So they better act fast.
    At this point imo only miracle can save them...
    04-24-14 09:25 AM
    I saw somewhere that 10.2.2 SDK would be out in May. Maybe we'll see some leaks

The 10.3 in the fall or later.
    They announced that the 10.3 sdk is coming in May.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 10:28 AM
    I have a feeling that 10.3 will be launched with a new all touch flagship, a Z50 perhaps :-P
    04-24-14 11:05 AM
    $20 says T-Mobile will attempt not to release it at all. I'll be peeved. Finally got my Z10 back only for my carrier to lose their contract. *Sighs*

Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk
    They will not carry it, but BlackBerry should offer it on the BlackBerry store. BlackBerry must significantly improve the store though as it is not very efficient at this time.

Posted via CB10
    Septembersrain likes this.
    04-24-14 11:23 AM
    Maybe 10.3.1 is the FIRST incarnation of 10.3???
    End of year means November-December, right?
    That would be weird.

I wouldn't put it past some US carriers not to ever push 10.3.1. Who knows what touch models will still be sold in 2015 in the states.
    It seems that most of the "official" chatter speaks of 10.3.1 with no mention of a 10.3 release. To me that seems rather odd. It also seems odd that a potential 10.2.2 would be released alongside a potential 10.3 release. This would only make sense with the Z3, Q5, and other "low-end Berries" if 10.3.1 is being completely redesigned for higher-end hardware, or just different hardware, and won't run on the lower-end phones.

Essentially, the 10.2.X OS will be a terminal OS of sorts with 10.3.X moving the OS forward.
    04-24-14 12:56 PM
    That would be weird.

It seems that most of the "official" chatter speaks of 10.3.1 with no mention of a 10.3 release. To me that seems rather odd. It also seems odd that a potential 10.2.2 would be released alongside a potential 10.3 release. This would only make sense with the Z3, Q5, and other "low-end Berries" if 10.3.1 is being completely redesigned for higher-end hardware, or just different hardware, and won't run on the lower-end phones.

Essentially, the 10.2.X OS will be a terminal OS of sorts with 10.3.X moving the OS forward.
    There really hasn't been any official chatter anywhere about anything. Not 10.3 or 10.2.2 or 10.3.1. None has been "official". Other than the 10.3 sdk's there's not much word! But the SDK will be out in May. So 10.2.2 launching in May with Z3 would make sense since they are clearly working on 10.2.2. And then with the SDK out 10.3 will launch a few months later July/August hopefully. With 10.3.1 launching Nov/Dec with new Classic!

That seems to be the most common thought around these forums. Which is in no way official but estimates based on leaks, internal testing numbers and announcements. So 10.2.2 will not release along side 10.3. Maybe when they release 10.2.2 the official announcement of that will also be the announcement of 10.3 SDK launching!

Just my opinion but timing all seems to play out nicely!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 02:18 PM
    You're mistaken. How long did it take for BlackBerry 10 to be released after BlackBerry unveiled the BlackBerry 10 SDK's?

Posted via CB10
    You are talking about something that happened before the launch of BlackBerry 10, in the last 3 updates the official update came out 2 month after the SDK release, so no I'm not mistaken

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    "Bluepearl" said MAY, I was just pointing out that with the SDK coming in MAY there was no way we would see an official release of 10.3 in May.... Two months later sounds right for 10.3, then maybe three more months for 10.3.1 if they push it.

That is if 10.2.2 is a dead end.
    04-24-14 03:36 PM
    Jesus christ, you guys just need to look at past major releases for pattern and expected time frame. Use data, not wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 03:59 PM
    You are talking about something that happened before the launch of BlackBerry 10, in the last 3 updates the official update came out 2 month after the SDK release, so no I'm not mistaken

Posted via CB10
    The SDK is coming out in May, we won't see the OS update until Fall.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 04:11 PM
    The SDK is coming out in May, we won't see the OS update until Fall.

Posted via CB10
    I think so too. Even more because 10.3 is so different from others. Changes in SDK are quite big
    04-24-14 06:22 PM
    This would be awesome if it happens in that time. I think 10.3.1 will be amazing!!! I need this new OS and the Z50!!!

Posted via CB10
    The Z50 and 10.3.1 won't be released until they figure out how to fix the watermark glitch!
    04-24-14 06:48 PM
    I said it before and I will say it again, 10.3 will come in late July, just my guess and it does make sense.

Posted via CB10

"I guess?".... "makes sense?" Which is it?

Maybe 10.3.1 is the FIRST incarnation of 10.3???
    End of year means November-December, right?

Don't quote me but I guess the end of the year is still in December! Makes sense!
    04-24-14 07:01 PM
    I think not, there has to be an OS update coming out with the Z3 and I'm pretty sure it's 10.2.2.

10.3 SDK is coming out in May, since when does it take them 3 months + from SDK to official? 10.3 is most likely coming out in july and 10.3.1 with the classic in November.

Posted via CB10
    You disagreed with me only to state the same thing? I said 10.3 can NOT be out in May, and 10.2.2 will be launching in May with the Z3...

I completely agree with all of that...10.3 will be July most likely.
    04-24-14 08:45 PM
149 12345 ...