10-14-13 12:10 PM
214 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Even though I didn't go much past the first paragraph in that email chain I believe this may be the dumbest thread I have ever come across. I have to think English is not the writers first language, nothing wrong with that, however how does a high up in a cell company with the world's best security not find a way to block this guy?
    A train wreck all around and I want my 90 seconds back.
    LuvULongTime, jafrul and tack like this.
    10-08-13 07:36 PM
    My vote goes to Alec for CEO, seems like the only one with some balls!

He probaly hears developers saying (more handsets before I will support BB10) Yet Blackberry would rather sell very few handsets at a HIGH PROFIT MARGIN while the rest rot in a warehouse. Hint Hint SELL LIKE HELL by pricing the handsets at fair market value untill the eco system and OS mature!
    10-08-13 08:08 PM
    QNX is great... I prove it every day with my Z10...
    After this... all is BS...
    And... isn't it strange that the subject of the e-mail and the response are different?? ???? ?????????
    Oh... and someone told me that Geller is gay and he just cant find a boyfriend because he has a really bad breath... (it came from the same source of these e-mails...)
    And someone told me that personal attacks are against forum rules. Fear the mod hammer, for it may hit any of us, any time, anywhere.
    Last edited by diegonei; 10-08-13 at 09:03 PM.
    h20work and Thunderbuck like this.
    10-08-13 08:40 PM
    So I just read the BGR article, it looks like 'sha sa' took a private response and made it public to that whole group and then Gellar further took that and published it on his website. I can't believe people think that Alec is the story here. That is about one of the trashiest, unclassy displays I've ever seen in tech blogging.

Privately telling someone who readily deserves it to f#$% themselves is not a big deal, but Gellar's take on this and publishing it the way he did is absolutely classless.
    10-08-13 09:17 PM
    Even if this is true, it doesn't make me think any less of Alec. Everyone can have a bad day and I don't think it's indicative of a pattern.
    And what's with the impotence reference? That's way more unprofessional than swearing, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah. I would have said the same.
    10-08-13 09:19 PM
    CrackBerry management are "friendly" with BGR management.

Maybe CBK could take BGR management to task if it is true that they republished a PRIVATE email from Alec to this... person... rather than being discrete and saying "no, we aren't going to be a tool for your personal vendetta against BlackBerry, Ms. Sha Sa haas-eee-ehth" (that means "open" in parseltongue).
    10-08-13 09:33 PM
    Interesting -- if you look at the BB Jam Asia link I posted upthread, Sha Sa was scheduled to speak/moderate JAM855 - Panel: Market Insights 201 - Leveraging Developer Groups and the BlackBerry Elite Program - Tips and Tricks. She's also specifically listed on the page for the panel session.

However, if you check out the stream of the session or download the PDF of the presentation, you'll note that Sha Sa is nowhere to be found, and that the moderator was instead Sarim Aziz, BBRY's manager of Asia Pacific developer relations (who is listed as having moderated another session earlier). .

Also, the session took place on Sept. 27 -- the day after the Sept. 26 email purportedly from Sha Sa.

She likely was canned, then, and confidence is high that this really is her email.
    Weird...nice work. It doesn't seem like the emails are written - by either party - as though it was her. If it actually were here, it would speak even more to the ....problems BB has is in it's employees. Then you'd have not only Alec's totally inappropriate response, but a former high level BB employee responsible for the eliciting email! To quote BB "creepy".
    10-08-13 10:07 PM
    I call BS!

Alec would have blocked this sender long ago. We don't need to be taken off a list to get away from unwanted email.

Posted via CB10
    dendroica likes this.
    10-08-13 10:29 PM
    So are we blaming the Chinese now?
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-08-13 10:38 PM
    This thread has become Fringe or better yet, The X-Files. Weird times indeed for BlackBerry faithful. I am not a big fan of Saunders but the man has a right to tell someone off if being annoyed. It's called FREE SPEECH in Canadian democracy.
    10-08-13 10:55 PM
    This thread has become Fringe
    I loved that show!!
    diegonei likes this.
    10-08-13 10:56 PM
    This thread has become Fringe or better yet, The X-Files. Weird times indeed for BlackBerry faithful. I am not a big fan of Saunders but the man has a right to tell someone off if being annoyed. It's called FREE SPEECH in Canadian democracy.
    Yes but it is not appropriate to use such language in a business environment. Could have told her off another way. Just like you wouldn't say those words to a police officer and then claim "free speech!" as the disclaimer. Sometimes some things shouldn't be said even with free speech in certain scenarios. It is a poor decision on Alec's part to use those words.
    10-08-13 11:11 PM
    So are we blaming the Chinese now?
    We're you at the AGM a few years ago? I remember you saying bout them hackers then hahahahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 11:19 PM
    Some of you seem to think this f bombs aren't used in corporate emails, good thing you don't work at the same place I do or you'd be scared to even open your inbox.

Also can we please avoid pointing to a lady who may have nothing to do with this.

Remember everyone is innocent until proven guilty
    Thunderbuck and revtech like this.
    10-08-13 11:42 PM
    I'm not afraid of bad news regarding BlackBerry but when the source is a site that takes pleasure in sagging on BlackBerry then I won't even give them the time of day

Posted via CB10
    pcguy514 and gfondeur like this.
    10-08-13 11:57 PM
    9/11 was an inside job and Blackberry is my female dog

Seems legit, gunna post it on iMore right now. arf arf.
    Last edited by Djlatino; 10-09-13 at 12:46 AM. Reason: will never take the swear censor seriously on cb lmao
    Thunderbuck, KemKev and schmeat like this.
    10-09-13 12:45 AM
    perhaps English is not the first language of the email's author. perhaps it is his/her 7th - i know people like this and respect their linguistic abilities. how many languages are you fluent or even capable in?
    HAHAHA I love when people bring this up.

I only know English, but even if I knew 2376462984 languages, I would NEVER spend my time harassing someone in any single one of those languages.

Please don't try to make us feel bad for this person. It's not going to work, and I could not care less that English may not be his first language.

If this person was willing to go through the struggle of writing in a language that's not their first, just to insult someone, their work and their livelihood, then sorry, they're fair game.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-09-13 01:02 AM
    Just look at it this way
    If I email you everyday saying things like
    "Your wife/your kid is ugly. They need plastic surgery"
    "You're so stupid, you should go kill yourself"
    Wouldn't you lash out also?
    If you say no, give me your email, and I'll demonstrate :P
    Seriously, Alec may not have had the best manners, but so what?
    I'd simply delete the messages. Especially, if I knew my response could be used for bad publicity. Why waste time responding and risk being misconstrued?
    richardat likes this.
    10-09-13 01:27 AM
    I'd simply delete the messages. Especially, if I knew my response could be used for bad publicity. Why waste time responding and risk being misconstrued?
    And one of the reasons God gave us Junk Mail filters.
    10-09-13 02:48 AM
    I shotgun "**** You. (insert relative comment), you parasite" for responding to trolls who are not myself.

Posted via CB10
    Sorely tempted to adopt that as my sig.
    badiyee and r0v3rT3N like this.
    10-09-13 02:58 AM
    Thorsten Heins step down, Alec is a better CEO I think.

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    10-09-13 04:34 AM
    I have no problem with this. In fact, I applaud his direct and no nonsense response.
    10-09-13 05:39 AM
    Uhh.. just me or is anyone else failing to see why any of this even matters? Alec dropped an F bomb in an email.... and.. so what? lol.
    10-09-13 06:02 AM
    Uhh.. just me or is anyone else failing to see why any of this even matters? Alec dropped an F bomb in an email.... and.. so what? lol.
    No most people are saying the same.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:18 AM
    Who writes like that?
    If you spent more time here on CB, you'd never ask that question.

It's interesting on a number of levels, aside from the F-bomb one. Whoever Sha Sa is, even if it isn't the same BBRY employee Sha Sa who mysteriously and abruptly disappeared from the BB Jam Asia presentation she was supposed to give, she/he made some prescient observations about the company, name checked Lenovo CEO Yang Yuanqing, and then of course obviously struck a nerve with Alec.
    10-09-13 07:25 AM
214 ... 45678 ...