10-14-13 12:10 PM
214 ... 34567 ...
tools
    I found this part interesting. After all that has happened, I have to agree with him. I remember all of the excitement surrounding BlackBerry when they announced that they had taken over QNX. We saw countless people here mention "nuclear power stations, tanks, international space station, the routers that power the internet" and so on and so on.

I admit, there was a time when I got really excited as well. But reality slowly sets in and one day I asked myself - "Self, if QNX was so amazing, why did it take so long for someone to buy them and why was the entire company only worth $200 million?".

Now, years after the fact, we can look back. Upon looking back, we see that BlackBerry hasn't released a single successful product based on QNX. Not one! The PlayBook was a failure to the tune of nearly 1.5 billion if the estimates are true. The Z10 just had a $930 to $960 million dollar write off. We don't know how poorly the Q10 and Q5 have done yet, but based on the very small numbers of shipped BB10 device, we know they aren't doing well. 2 year old BlackBerry phones are still out selling the ones that are based on QNX.

I don't know what BlackBerry could have or should have done differently, but buying QNX certainly seems like a mistake at this point.
    Not sure what QnX has to do with BlackBerry 'failures '.

As far as I know, QnX is top RTos.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:44 PM
    I don't read much into this whole nonsense - blown out of proportion by some tech blog, who cares.
    This 'sha sha' really sounds like some low-level wannabe, without much knowledge about anything (calling QNX 'garbage' was the obvious giveaway about the lack of clue) , most likely some financial parasite (AS put it very eloquently, most of us in the technology sector simply call these stock-jocks parasites.)
    And yes, you can curse sometimes, it's not the most professional way to express your displeasure but it's fine as long as it's justified.
    10-08-13 04:45 PM
    BGR DID report it so I'm going to leave the thread up. I changed the title to indicate that this was based on a BGR Report and it may or may NOT be true. Personally I don't believe it, BUT since they posted it, we can have a thread about it in News & Rumors. But again I seriously doubt this is true.
    10-08-13 04:45 PM
    You loser. You might as stick to your favorite site instead trolling BGR. You already know how ppl feel about this company.
    Please go back to imore

Posted via CB10
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    10-08-13 04:46 PM
    Please go back to imore

Posted via CB10
    Who died and made u the queen of the message board?
    10-08-13 04:50 PM
    Nope, actually, Janktard and Jamie(Jaime?) hold that title.
    Personal insults are frowned upon by moderators nowadays.
    10-08-13 04:50 PM
    KNOCK it off guys! Or I will close the thread!
    10-08-13 04:53 PM
    Who writes like that? If anyone in my organization wrote like that on an email, I would fire them personally! I don't believe the email is authentic. If it was, the executive that wrote it is an illiterate buffoon.
    10-08-13 05:03 PM
    What's up with the 'subject' of the email in which Saunders responded? Who is 'the teacher'?

Date: Oct 5, 2013
    To: sha sa
    Subject: Re: The teacher predicted layoff cost 400 million before Sep 26themail

**** you. Take me off your ****** mailing list you parasite.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    10-08-13 05:04 PM
    Who writes like that? If anyone in my organization wrote like that on an email, I would fire them personally! I don't believe the email is authentic. If it was, the executive that wrote it is an illiterate buffoon.
    Nonsense. I'm at C-level, reporting to the CEO and the President and neither would fire me for such a thing (it actually happened before though it was not a moment of rage but a measured response to scare off further attempts.) I'm not sure what kind of 'beauty-industry' you work in but in technology, finance and, in general, business it's not unusual to run into harsh wordings... as I said, it's often part of the game plan, sometimes it's a moment of rage/displeasure. It was a private email reply to a provocation written by some parasitic, lowlife scumbag with no clue, there's nothing extraordinary in it.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-08-13 05:11 PM
    What's up with the 'subject' of the email in which Saunders responded? Who is 'the teacher'?
    A former unassuming chemistry teacher... Heinsenberg
    10-08-13 05:19 PM
    I knew I liked Alec Saunders!!

Those emails were annoying and blatant harassment.

I know this is bad, but I was reading the emails to Alec in a Chinese accent in my head, then laughed so hard when the guy said he couldn't recommend anyone in China to buy a BlackBerry.

I like Alec even more now, that's all BGR accomplished with this (that Jonathan wrote himself), which is clearly yet another fine piece of journalism!
    10-08-13 05:32 PM
    The reply would have had more "F"un bombs if it was me.

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    Thunderbuck and diegonei like this.
    10-08-13 05:33 PM
    "The Teacher" sounds like a mysterious cult figurehead, lol.
    10-08-13 05:53 PM
    Add her on Sina weibo lol
    Yeah, I'll do that right after I sign up for an account.
    10-08-13 05:53 PM
    Assuming it is true and if Alec used BBRY email account, it saddens me to say, he has responsibilities as a VP and this is bad.

Even if it is a well deserved f**** you response.

Now, why the f**** would this be reported and made public on some website?! Something is wrong with this world.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 06:02 PM
    Awesome. This is how I'll be responding to the obvious trolls now.

**** you, you parasites.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Hahaha! Now that's funny, right there.
    10-08-13 06:11 PM
    Finance is probably the worst offender. We have an influential hedge fund manager calling Prem Watsa a n****r in e-mails. "parasite" and "f***k" are terms of affection in comparison.

Nonsense. I'm at C-level, reporting to the CEO and the President and neither would fire me for such a thing (it actually happened before though it was not a moment of rage but a measured response to scare off further attempts.) I'm not sure what kind of 'beauty-industry' you work in but in technology, finance and, in general, business it's not unusual to run into harsh wordings... as I said, it's often part of the game plan, sometimes it's a moment of rage/displeasure. It was a private email reply to a provocation written by some parasitic, lowlife scumbag with no clue, there's nothing extraordinary in it.
    szlevi likes this.
    10-08-13 06:19 PM
    The guy has horrible grammar and is obviously trying to just stir stuff up. Still, Alec should have just added him to his spam filter and probably had BB IT add it to the company filter.

In regards to BGR, you all seem to hate Geller, but he has been right about most things in the past. He is a fan b o y for Apple, but he has been right a lot about BB. Maybe that stings for you, but I see it as true. People on this site hate any site that prints anything negative about BB. Your choices for sites positive on BB are slim these days!
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 06:23 PM
    Why is he talking about it with him?
    10-08-13 06:23 PM
    Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. What's wrong with dropping the F-bomb now and again. If I'm being attacked by a twit, I would respond similarly. BlackBerry executives are people also, which some of us seem to forget. How would some of you like to be in their position, being criticized daily. I certainly wouldn't, not even for any amount of monet.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 06:33 PM
    perhaps English is not the first language of the email's author. perhaps it is his/her 7th - i know people like this and respect their linguistic abilities. how many languages are you fluent or even capable in?
    richardat, JasW and bbq10l like this.
    10-08-13 07:03 PM
    [QUOTE=Gekko;9302687]perhaps English is not the first language of the email's author. perhaps it is his/her 7th - i know people like this and respect their linguistic abilities. how many languages are you fluent or even capable in?[/

Are you for real?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:05 PM
    Yeah, this is probably not the beat way to deal with a situation like this, but this is the same executive who made terrifically cheesy music videos for BB10.

At least he is showing some fight and personality and has not thrown in the towel.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 07:09 PM
    I shotgun "**** You. (insert relative comment), you parasite" for responding to trolls who are not myself.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-08-13 07:15 PM
214 ... 34567 ...