10-14-13 12:10 PM
214 12345 ...
tools
    From the snippet posted, all I see is that Alec responded directly to the troll and used a BB10 smartphone. Good for him!

Date: Oct 5, 2013
    To: ”sha sa”
    Subject: Re: The teacher predicted layoff cost 400 million before Sep 26themail

**** you. Take me off your goddamn mailing list you parasite.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    10-08-13 01:26 PM
    If anyone showed such appalling lack of communication skills, he wouldn't be hired. And if hired, he would not have finished out his probationary period...professionals should be able to string together a couple of sentences and have them make sense....

....fabricated.....in my opinion....
    Hired by whom? The original author of the emails does not work for blackberry. He just seems to be some guy who's getting on Saunder's nerves. More than likely not even someone who speaks English as a first language.

Anyway, if his goal was to get under Alec's skin, mission accomplished!
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 01:26 PM
    That's cool. "Unusual" or "unconventional" might be a better word.
    I agree, both of those would have been a better word to use than strange.

For the record, I've met Alec several times over the last couple of years, I've had a burger and beer with him and several other developers and I genuinely do like him, but I don't think he handled this situation as well as he should have.
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 01:29 PM
    How do you get under someone's skin by mentioning everything that's the truth and its also no secret?
    Are you including the impotence remark in this assessment?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:32 PM
    Are you including the impotence remark in this assessment?
    Talk about the white elephant in the room! Lol

I know the author lost all credibility at that very moment.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-08-13 01:34 PM
    Sha sa needs to take some English lessons. After reading this email, I feel as if my head is about to explode.
    10-08-13 01:35 PM
    Hired by whom? The original author of the emails does not work for blackberry. He just seems to be some guy who's getting on Saunder's nerves. More than likely not even someone who speaks English as a first language.

Anyway, if his goal was to get under Alec's skin, mission accomplished!
    I'm still going on the premise that this is complete fabrication. The entire thing.
    anon1727506 and 00stryder like this.
    10-08-13 01:42 PM
    I'm still going on the premise that this is complete fabrication. The entire thing.
    If it is then Saunders could totally go after somebody.
    10-08-13 01:44 PM
    Its even worse for him than I thought
    I imagine a fellow sufferer would be quite sympathetic.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    10-08-13 01:46 PM
    Something in here smells really bad. Sha Sa is apparently a BBRY marketing coordinator and the head of developer relations for BBRY in Greater China. She supposedly spoke at BlackBerry Jam Asia, so I imagine Kevin could confirm this. Either this is made up BS or she's been canned and is lashing out. Or something else, who knows.

BlackBerry Jam Asia: Session Speakers - Sha Sa

sha sa - China | LinkedIn
    10-08-13 01:47 PM
    Something in here smells really bad. Sha Sa is apparently a BBRY marketing coordinator and the head of developer relations for BBRY in Greater China. She supposedly spoke at BlackBerry Jam Asia, so I imagine Kevin could confirm this. Either this is made up BS or she's been canned and is lashing out. Or something else, who knows.

BlackBerry Jam Asia: Session Speakers - Sha Sa

sha sa - China | LinkedIn
    Well that possibly explains the broken English. Will have to keep an eye open and see if she has in fact been canned.

Why doesn't someone tweet her and ask if it's true?
    10-08-13 01:49 PM
    Where is this confirmed as anything other than fake?
    10-08-13 01:58 PM
    If true, I am with Mr Alex. Good for him.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 02:00 PM
    Sha Sa is apparently a BBRY marketing coordinator and the head of developer relations for BBRY in Greater China. She supposedly spoke at BlackBerry Jam Asia, so I imagine Kevin could confirm this. Either this is made up BS or she's been canned and is lashing out.
    Thank you. Gotta love it when people do their homework

I'd be a little jaded too if I was canned from a job like that. She is cute though
    h20work likes this.
    10-08-13 02:08 PM
    **DELETED**
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-08-13 02:15 PM
    May I ask how it "explains the broken English"?
    Firstly, don't misquote me. I said "possibly explains the broken English".

Secondly, her tweets contain similar broken English, hence a possible explanation for the grammar in the emails and a link to her.

That work for ya?
    10-08-13 02:21 PM
    Firstly, don't misquote me. I said "possibly explains the broken English".

Secondly, her tweets contain similar broken English, hence a possible explanation for the grammar in the emails and a link to her.

That work for ya?
    It works for me but I stand corrected. At first glance, Sha Sa's LinkedIn CV would indicate the individual has a good command of the English language.
    jstirtzinger likes this.
    10-08-13 02:30 PM
    I have no problem with Alex responding to targeted spam trolling in the way he did. It's no surprise BGR is running with this, even adding in the incorrect assumption that Alec's job is to court the big name developers and that he's failed there. I am also not surprised that some here are calling for his resignation and making a big deal about this.
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    10-08-13 02:31 PM
    It works for me but I stand corrected. At first glance, Sha Sa's LinkedIn CV would indicate the individual has a good command of the English language.
    Agreed! You'd expect better grammar and sentence structure from someone with USA master's degree in communications. :-)
    This whole thing smells rotten!!
    diegonei likes this.
    10-08-13 02:32 PM
    Only ValueWalk has picked up on it so far:
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) VP Drops The F-Bomb In Mass Email
    10-08-13 02:38 PM
    Just post up your email address and its pretty much guaranteed you will get emails from yourself that you swear you didn't send!

Unless you have the original message with all the header information there is no way to say this is real.

I'd believe a twitter feed over a posted email.
    10-08-13 02:44 PM
    Interesting -- if you look at the BB Jam Asia link I posted upthread, Sha Sa was scheduled to speak/moderate JAM855 - Panel: Market Insights 201 - Leveraging Developer Groups and the BlackBerry Elite Program - Tips and Tricks. She's also specifically listed on the page for the panel session.

However, if you check out the stream of the session or download the PDF of the presentation, you'll note that Sha Sa is nowhere to be found, and that the moderator was instead Sarim Aziz, BBRY's manager of Asia Pacific developer relations (who is listed as having moderated another session earlier). .

Also, the session took place on Sept. 27 -- the day after the Sept. 26 email purportedly from Sha Sa.

She likely was canned, then, and confidence is high that this really is her email.
    10-08-13 03:00 PM
    Her last official tweet dealing with anything Blackberry is also dated Sept 26.

I'd tend to agree with your thesis.
    10-08-13 03:06 PM
    he probably wants to get fire when the company get bought out. their package is way more attractive when they're fire than not. why you think Thors and him is doing everything in their power to get kicked out?

btw, the hell happened to BBM? so the leaked destroyed their server or something? need another 2 years to fix it?
    10-08-13 03:06 PM
    as i wrote in another thread

Second part, quotations all are wrong.

So that's pointed out, and also the "subjects" are different.

Some people have no times on their hands other than to think of ways to bash BlackBerry
    Well, if you look at the first message... First part of email, all quotations are correct, the starting quote for Sha Sa is not consistent with the closing one, nor the CC list. so within its own header, it is not consistent at all. At minimum that's a bad copy and paste job, but it's more likely to indicate that someone's been editing that list.

That whole thing means *nothing* if you've got no mail headers to go along with it. If this is a legit thread, people can correlate who "Alec Saunders" to a real email address. The change in subject can be traced via other headers.

This is a pretty sloppy job.

Haters gonna hate.
    undone and FairlightRacing like this.
    10-08-13 03:18 PM
214 12345 ...