10-14-13 11:10 AM
214 1234 ...
tools
    Put him on the junk list. What's so hard about that?
    Uncle Remus and richardat like this.
    10-08-13 11:15 AM
    I love Alec 's response!!!

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    10-08-13 11:19 AM
    Put him on the junk list. What's so hard about that?
    Could it be possible that this "parasite" has used multiple email addresses from multiple domains to spam them for months??
    kbz1960, Etios and maddie1128 like this.
    10-08-13 11:20 AM
    Could it be possible that this "parasite" has used multiple email addresses from multiple domains to spam them for months??
    considering he "cc'd" "sha_sa2", you may be onto something
    10-08-13 11:23 AM
    He's not a church leader or a school principal... he didn't say anything that raises questions about his ability to work in the technology field.
    I didn't question his ability. He's very successful and obviously quite passionate.
    10-08-13 11:26 AM
    First of all the email composer, "sha sa" possesses the linguistics skills of a Grade 5 student, which makes for a painful read. He says things that are so outrageous even I wouldn't dare think to say them. Just shouldn't be taken seriously.

Secondly, Alec Saunders should have handled himself better. "Kindly remove me from your mailing list immediately or I'll charge you with harassment" might have been a more appropriate response. By cursing at someone he only made himself and BlackBerry look bad.

Some people have said he's CEO material. I don't see that at all with this exchange.
    I am guessing that your suggested response was already tried several times and thus the final straw came to pass.
    Toodeurep, badiyee and maddie1128 like this.
    10-08-13 11:30 AM
    Sounds like bad English, don't buy it

Posted via CB10
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    10-08-13 11:31 AM
    First of all the email composer, "sha sa" possesses the linguistics skills of a Grade 5 student, which makes for a painful read. He says things that are so outrageous even I wouldn't dare think to say them. Just shouldn't be taken seriously.

Secondly, Alec Saunders should have handled himself better. "Kindly remove me from your mailing list immediately or I'll charge you with harassment" might have been a more appropriate response. By cursing at someone he only made himself and BlackBerry look bad.

Some people have said he's CEO material. I don't see that at all with this exchange.
    Do we know for sure that Alec Saunders never replied back professionally before prior to this last exchange with the F bomb? Hard to make judgement without seeing the full context of the emails. There must have been more to it if someone from BGR has actually sided somewhat with something BlackBerry related.
    diegonei likes this.
    10-08-13 11:31 AM
    He tells the guy to take him off his mailing list? Yeah, that'll work on a guy trolling the bejeezus outta ya.
    mnhockeycoach99 and badiyee like this.
    10-08-13 11:32 AM
    Good on Alec: human beings are allowed to get angry. He wasn't speaking for BlackBerry Ltd. he was a person replying to a troll email turd.

Believe it or not, there ARE cases where swearing is the appropriate response in terms of expressing anger in writing. Was this one of those cases? Sure. When you provoke a human to anger, sometimes that human will get angry. This notion that we should never express anger is wrong. The notion that we should control our responses when angry is ok... so, if you MEANT to swear and aren't sorry you did, then it is appropriate. If you swore then regretted it, well, then you have to work harder on controlling your impulses.

If Alec erred and sent it to the whole list instead of just the sender, then oops, humans also make mistakes, but if it was intended to be sent only to the original sender, swearing is absolutely appropriate. Frankly, I'd be a bit more creative than just using the f word. There'd be a whole lot about how the offensive sender was conceived and what species his father might be and what his mother did to conceive him, which could explain the persons lack of intelligence and mean-spirited motives.
    10-08-13 11:33 AM
    Some people deserve to be told to F-off.
    10-08-13 11:39 AM
    I'm with Alec on this one. Why go harass BB employee with things like this
    It's evident that this isn't the first time
    I see nothing wrong with Alec lashing out
    Mind you. I can easily generate a thread like this in about 20 minutes. What proof is available that Alec Saunders actually replied this?
    I've personally emailed Alec before, and he was nice enough to refer me to the correct person and department (because the department contact information wasn't online)
    10-08-13 11:42 AM
    GOD!!! will Geller ever stop? This article has no facts, no relevance, no dignity, no honor, no nothing! This is a new low even for someone like Gellar. He should consider moving to perez Hilton website! At least people would know what to expect from his articles
    I've been calling out trolls and bashing Yellow Journalism Report all morning on the article. My account was just banned a few minutes ago and my comments deleted... Guess I must have struck a nerve on the anti-BBRY propaganda machine known as YJR.
    maddie1128 likes this.
    10-08-13 11:46 AM
    Alec is a unconventional fellow. I can't remember ever seeing him exit a room without first loudly broadcasting his personal email address to everyone in the room. He done it dozens of times at every BlackBerry event I've been to since he started working for the company. It is like his catch phrase if you will.

So I'm not surprised he gets the random troll. I am surprised it took this long for something like this to happen and I'm disappointed that he wasn't smart enough to deal with it in a better way. Surely a properly set up spam filter could have went a long way towards preventing this.
    Last edited by Saiga; 10-08-13 at 12:44 PM.
    10-08-13 11:47 AM
    Just look at it this way
    If I email you everyday saying things like
    "Your wife/your kid is ugly. They need plastic surgery"
    "You're so stupid, you should go kill yourself"
    Wouldn't you lash out also?
    If you say no, give me your email, and I'll demonstrate :P
    Seriously, Alec may not have had the best manners, but so what?
    10-08-13 11:48 AM
    Do we know for sure that Alec Saunders never replied back professionally before prior to this last exchange with the F bomb? Hard to make judgement without seeing the full context of the emails. There must have been more to it if someone from BGR has actually sided somewhat with something BlackBerry related.
    Excellent point. It's soooo easy to take stuff out of context.

Regardless, was Alec a little unprofessional? Sure, but you can't deny sha_sa's rant was pretty inflammatory.

I also take issue--as I have in the past--with the suggestion that Alec Saunders has performed poorly. BlackBerry's relationship with developers has undergone a complete 180 since he took over. The tools and resources are light-years better than they were two years ago. Of all the people we MIGHT blame for the company's current woes, he's close to the bottom of the list as far as I'm concerned.
    10-08-13 11:50 AM
    Just look at it this way
    If I email you everyday saying things like
    "Your wife/your kid is ugly. They need plastic surgery"
    "You're so stupid, you should go kill yourself"
    Wouldn't you lash out also?
    Seriously, Alec may not have had the best manners, but so what?
    I would ignore the troll. Either by using spam filters or by simply hitting delete as the emails arrived. It takes a heck of a lot less time to hit delete and move on with your day than it does to type out what Alec typed out.

Lashing out is exactly what the troll wants. Alec ignored one of the rules of the interwebs; Don't feed the troll. And ultimately, he only made the situation worse for himself.
    10-08-13 11:58 AM
    aren't you missing the irony of the fact that BlackBerry `does the best mobile email` so setting a spam filter should of been done on like the second email and it should never of reached this point?

That's what makes me chuckle, its such an avoidable situation, people troll you on email you set a spam filter, people troll you on twitter you block them.

First rule of life - DONT FEED THE TROLLS
    danprown, bekkay and 1magine like this.
    10-08-13 11:59 AM
    I am guessing that your suggested response was already tried several times and thus the final straw came to pass.
    Perhaps that is the case.
    10-08-13 12:01 PM
    And the Nobel Prize for Literature - Most Imaginative Fiction goes to......

.....wait...who created this thing????......
    10-08-13 12:01 PM
    And the Nobel Prize for Literature - Most Imaginative Fiction goes to......

.....wait...who created this thing????......
    You think it's fabricated? I couldn't write that bad if I tried.
    10-08-13 12:04 PM
    This is news?! Has anyone read the Isaacson biography on Steve Jobs? This seems pretty mild by comparison, and lots of times steve was addressing his own employees not anonymous self-proclaimed critics using 5th grade english . . I can't imagine how steve would have answered this but I can guarantee you somebody wouldn't be sniffing it out for blackmail, and bgr certainly wouldn't have reported it.
    10-08-13 12:09 PM
    You think it's fabricated? I couldn't write that bad if I tried.
    If anyone showed such appalling lack of communication skills, he wouldn't be hired. And if hired, he would not have finished out his probationary period...professionals should be able to string together a couple of sentences and have them make sense....

....fabricated.....in my opinion....
    always3rd and 00stryder like this.
    10-08-13 12:13 PM
    I haven't had a chance to go through the thread, so forgive me if it has already been mentioned, but Saunders isn't in charge of getting big name developers on BB10 as Geller seems to suggest.

If he's going to take shots at someone and talk about how ****ty of a job there doing, he could at least get get that part right.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:22 PM
    Alec is a strange fellow. I can't remember ever seeing him exit a room without first loudly broadcasting his personal email address to everyone in the room. He done it dozens of times at every BlackBerry event I've been to since he started working for the company. It is like his catch phrase if you will.
    That's cool. "Unusual" or "unconventional" might be a better word.
    Saiga and Thunderbuck like this.
    10-08-13 12:25 PM
214 1234 ...