07-26-15 02:17 PM
32 12
tools
    I think, one way or another, the federal government will not allow blackberry phones to actually cease to exist. Too ingrained with the IT services here in the government workforce.
    We hope so. They let them keep struggling on their own for now. BlackBerry's problems were internal and mainly home-made....

Then a private investors consortium bailed them out or injected cash. Government bail-out is only a last resort...

:-D

(but I'm sure other countries' gov'ts may have intervened earlier, maybe there a (anti-)competitive laws in Canada that prohibited it, or it's a cultural thing?)

  "BB Android Armageddon: Chenisys is uploading in 5,4,3..."  
    07-19-15 07:03 PM
    Both of the local Bell stores here also have BlackBerry devices on display and available for demo, whereas both Rogers and Telus only have the plastic dummy models and even then they aren't displaying the complete lineup.
    When I got my Z10 in 2013, Bell had to ordered it because there were none in store. When it died in 2014 and I wanted a replacement, Bell no longer sold the Z10 and they ordered me a Z30 (again none in store). When another family member got a Leap in 2015 it had to be ordered because there was no store within a reasonable driving distance that had one. I live in the Montreal area. Can't say I see much support from Bell for BlackBerry here.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-15 07:11 PM
    One mysterious thing for me is why most of Canadian are not using blackberry phones.
    Because iOS shilling is very strong, the part of my family that lives in QC (5 cousins, the wife of one and my aunt) all use iOS, while one cousin worked in a company where BB was the norm.

Better late then never to advertise BB tho.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 05:34 AM
    That's really neat, although I haven't come across that flyer yet. Will have to keep an eye out for it!

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-24-15 03:36 PM
    One mysterious thing for me is why most of Canadian are not using blackberry phones.
    The ecosystem.

The apple thing has become ridiculous.

People see me with my z10 and my pebble watch and think I should have an iPhone and iwatch.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-15 12:49 PM
    The ecosystem.

The apple thing has become ridiculous.

People see me with my z10 and my pebble watch and think I should have an iPhone and iwatch.

Posted via CB10
    I believe that in a lot of ways this boils down to marketing. The carriers all predominately advertise the latest deals for iPhone's on a two year term, and Apple runs television ads quite a bit as well for the iPhone.

In comparison, we don't see much, if any advertising for BlackBerry devices on television, and the carriers rarely advertise BlackBerry devices through signage or on the web...

In my opinion, even though BlackBerry has stated that they are no longer interested in the consumer market if they were to advertise and market themselves even just a little bit more people would be more aware that they are still manufacturing handsets, and that BlackBerry 10 has come a long way since its introduction with the Z10.
    07-26-15 09:25 AM
    I believe that in a lot of ways this boils down to marketing. The carriers all predominately advertise the latest deals for iPhone's on a two year term, and Apple runs television ads quite a bit as well for the iPhone.

In comparison, we don't see much, if any advertising for BlackBerry devices on television, and the carriers rarely advertise BlackBerry devices through signage or on the web...

In my opinion, even though BlackBerry has stated that they are no longer interested in the consumer market if they were to advertise and market themselves even just a little bit more people would be more aware that they are still manufacturing handsets, and that BlackBerry 10 has come a long way since its introduction with the Z10.
    Advertising will not help. People who would buy a PKB device or a BB10 device already know of them. They could:

- build devices that people want
    - offer a big rebate to legacy owners
    - go Android for consumers

Maybe all three.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 02:17 PM
32 12