06-19-14 01:31 PM
28 12
tools
    4.5 inches...with a predictive keyboard
    06-19-14 12:59 PM
    The call button isn't doubled on the real Classic. Are you talking about the on-screen icon above the call button in the pic on this post? If so, that is actually a shortcut to the Hub on the real thing.

Hopefully, that means the Classic won't feature as many gestures as other BB10 devices do. With all of those buttons between the screen and keyboard, gestures would be pretty redundant.
    Just got a chance to see the hands on and it really looks like a different device from the slide. Hopefully the change to a Hub icon on the live device will mean other changes like homescreen keyboard shortcuts are coming back too. Maybe.
    06-19-14 12:59 PM
    .... Hopefully, that means the Classic won't feature as many gestures as other BB10 devices do. With all of those buttons between the screen and keyboard, gestures would be pretty redundant.
    Maybe I missed something but the menu bar on the Classic will have

dial ..... replaces a software button on screen
    menu .... replaces a software button on screen
    back .... replaces a software button on screen
    end ..... replaces pressing the red End button on the phone App

trackpad swiping... replaces naviagting with finger on screen
    trackpad press .... replaces tap on screen or pressing and enter or next button on screen

so what gestures would go away? none of these involve command type gestures

thus , why many thought the menu bar could go away
    it is faster for many things and apparently much better for select copy and paste

I used both methods on my Torch , flipped out the keyboard for any extensive typing, never did much copy and paste, selecting a place in text on screen is much better with trackpad. I find copy and past very easy on Z10, love watching it go word, sentence paragraph, page

dirty little secret, most users have never read the manual let alone check out the online tutorials

but ... give the customers what they want, now they have more choices
    06-19-14 01:31 PM
28 12