10-24-13 01:39 AM
307 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I'll believe it once its actually here. Till then I've already fallen victim to their supposed launch dates before. Lets hope Frank can actually deliver for once and isn't shooting himself in the foot. I still think he's a complete ***** and should never have been brought on the executive team.
    10-15-13 04:44 PM
    They need to lock the BBM4ALL team in a room with nothing but Red Bull, coffee, and sugar cubes until they produce a "gold RC" already.
    The #BBMforsome team too
    BBThemes likes this.
    10-15-13 05:29 PM
    I was just wondering: Could it be that xBBM had a bug and when they decided to fix it, they decided to add voice and video as well?

As far as I remember, it was announced to launch "late summer" with chat only features. A future version would include video/voice.

Sorry - it's late night. Just dreaming :-)
    10-15-13 06:43 PM
    Within days
    AlexXF, Coachbulldog and B3t0 like this.
    10-15-13 07:45 PM
    Maybe he means when BBM does launch. It will launch on android and ios within days of each other.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-15-13 08:06 PM
    I was just wondering: Could it be that xBBM had a bug and when they decided to fix it, they decided to add voice and video as well?

As far as I remember, it was announced to launch "late summer" with chat only features. A future version would include video/voice.

Sorry - it's late night. Just dreaming :-)
    Considering the long development time for just the bare bones android/iOS chat functionality, I highly doubt they are capable of including voice/video in such a short time frame.
    10-15-13 08:21 PM
    If it took this much time in development of something that has been around for years, did not need new ui or coding except compatible coding with iOS and android it will take them probably year to add voice and other features. They could get certified entry level coders from overseas. It is gotta be management issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:54 PM
    Waiting with baited breath. Or something like that. I'm sure they want to get it correct. Getting this out would be a better adviertisement for them than the written ads in the paper today. there are millions of people around the world waiting for BBM.
    10-15-13 09:24 PM
    Considering the long development time for just the bare bones android/iOS chat functionality, I highly doubt they are capable of including voice/video in such a short time frame.
    LOL. Their servers was not been ready at 21th September for chat only!!! Do you think they can serve voice/video for all?

Anyway, does not matter released or not. Too late BBRY, too late. iOS have FaceTime Audio/Video (WiFi/3G/4G) as well. I guess audio calls will appears in WhatsApp in nearest future also.

PS. Viber decided to drop BB10 in development.
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-16-13 04:55 AM
    Funny thing is.... everyone bad mouthing them (don't blame them) about the delay who is on iOS or Android..................will still download it and try it.
    10-16-13 05:19 AM
    Waiting with baited breath. Or something like that. I'm sure they want to get it correct. Getting this out would be a better adviertisement for them than the written ads in the paper today. there are millions of people around the world waiting for BBM.
    I agree. It's one thing to continually disappoint current customers like us, but I'm sure they don't want to launch a crappy product that is meant to lure prospective customers...

Anyway, does not matter released or not. Too late BBRY, too late. iOS have FaceTime Audio/Video (WiFi/3G/4G) as well. I guess audio calls will appears in WhatsApp in nearest future also.
    But FaceTime is not cross-platform and WhatsApp's security has been questioned lately. BB still has a chance to revive BBM as long as they do this right. I really hope the app is ready and the delay is really from their lawyers working on severing BBM from BBRY and making it a separate entity. If I were a BB employee thats the lifeboat I would be jumping to.
    10-16-13 07:28 AM
    Bbm4all was launched, and crashed. Who would want a relaunch?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 07:36 AM
    I was looking forward to trying it but the novelty wore off, add to that the existing/potential communication problems, all the fake android apps which may or may not pose a risk (I have no idea if those fake apps have the ability to communicate with the official app and harvest ID's) and the fact that possibly 1 other person I know would even try it and I doubt it'll get onto my phone now.

Funny thing is.... everyone bad mouthing them (don't blame them) about the delay who is on iOS or Android..................will still download it and try it.
    10-16-13 07:46 AM
    I was looking forward to trying it but the novelty wore off, add to that the existing/potential communication problems, all the fake android apps which may or may not pose a risk (I have no idea if those fake apps have the ability to communicate with the official app and harvest ID's) and the fact that possibly 1 other person I know would even try it and I doubt it'll get onto my phone now.
    Same here.

Blackberry reminds me of the boy that cried wolf.
    10-16-13 08:05 AM
    It coming today

Posted via CB10
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-16-13 08:06 AM
    BlackBerry had their time. This statement is a joke, they have learned NOTHING and continue to fail and break promises to their loyal (43) fans.
    But real loyal fans wouldn't have this problem because they already have BBM pre-installed on their BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-13 08:10 AM
    what about the iOS users who downloaded the official version only for it to have issues and stuff? they may be lost customers I feel
    10-16-13 08:52 AM
    It coming today

Posted via CB10
    We can only hope
    10-16-13 09:11 AM
    It coming today

Posted via CB10
    Definetly not!
    Maybe Weekend.
    Or they'll launch it exactly 1 month after there failure of launch.

This time without the "Android caused...." bull**** excuse which had simple solution block old app versions from the sever to force upgrade like rival im apps such as...Whatsapp
    10-16-13 09:45 AM
    Bbm4all was launched, and crashed. Who would want a relaunch?
    BBMforsome. A lot of people want them to get it right.
    10-16-13 09:48 AM
    I'm not so sure about this until i see it in playstore...

Sent via Tapatalk 2
    10-16-13 10:14 AM
    The #BBMforsome team too
    I'm tired of the whole BBM4some thing, if anything, it should be BBM4most.
    10-16-13 10:32 AM
    I'm tired of the whole BBM4some thing, if anything, it should be BBM4most.
    Or BBM4more. Anything but the false advertising they've been spewing out.
    10-16-13 10:35 AM
    BBMforsome. A lot of people want them to get it right.
    Exactly.

With the uncertainty of BlackBerry's future, it is understandable that people are hesitant to purchase a smartphone from the company.
    BUT...
    The same cautious people certainly understand that they have nothing to lose by downloading a free app. I still believe we will ultimately see tens of millions of new BBM users over the next few months.
    My 3 (iPhone using) teens are anxiously awaiting BBM. The fact that it is delayed has no effect on their decision to install BBM when it becomes available.
    10-16-13 10:45 AM
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm an iOS user that "bad mouthed" BlackBerry for the ineptness but will still download and use it.
    10-16-13 11:59 AM
307 ... 23456 ...