10-24-13 12:39 AM
307 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    The leak was out 1-2 days before the official release. What was management supposed to do? And they obviously didn't allow the leak to get out on purpose, that is why it's called a leak. It's their fault for having the app leak, sure, my point was that they were ready, but the leak caused problems.
    In the last podcast, even Kevin said, it had to have been something else, and he definitely knows what caused the delay, but he can't disclose it.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 08:07 PM
    Lol people and their theories

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 08:13 PM
    The leak was out 1-2 days before the official release. What was management supposed to do? And they obviously didn't allow the leak to get out on purpose, that is why it's called a leak. It's their fault for having the app leak, sure, my point was that they were ready, but the leak caused problems.
    So tell me, you believe, that all those blackberry app leaks, os leaks, those are not leaked by them themselves ?

And you strongly believe an app made and tested by them themselves for many months, once put to public, caused server problem for them ?

And you do believe, a fake app that has nothing to do at all with their servers, can cause havoc to their servers ?
    JeepBB, Etios and Tariq Nasir like this.
    10-19-13 08:30 PM
    In the last podcast, even Kevin said, it had to have been something else, and he definitely knows what caused the delay, but he can't disclose it.

Posted via CB10
    Well, either way, complaining here doesn't help. Complain to BlackBerry.
    denis_sianto likes this.
    10-19-13 08:37 PM
    I'm not complaining. I don't think complaining to BlackBerry helps either. This decision likely came from the board, and a strategic decision.

Posted via CB10
    angad7.10 and denis_sianto like this.
    10-19-13 08:44 PM
    But I'm downloading windows 8.1 right now tho

Posted via CB10
    must be a leaked version
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-19-13 08:46 PM
    Nice blanket statement, I for one won't be downloading it (as well as none of my friends and family). I am more looking forward to the new Google Hangouts that integrates SMS and is cross platform compatible (well with the 2 OS's that matter lol). I hear it is Coming Soon and should be here Within Days lol.
    Just what I always wanted.... More reasons for Google to have access of your personal information through its own messenger service. Pretty soon they will be quoting text messages and the source in which they came from over its own website. Now that is what I call security! Gonna have to download this as soon as it is available! NOT!!
    10-19-13 08:55 PM
    Maybe what caused the servers to go down is in the black box Kevin had at the podcast.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 10:00 PM
    BlackBerry is never on time...!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 11:20 PM
    It doesn't hurt. I mean, are they going to delay it MORE now because people are complaining on Crackberry?
    10-20-13 12:16 AM
    Who cares.... They Just setting there Waiting to be bought

Send Proudly from my Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE via CB Mobile Forum App
    10-20-13 12:59 AM
    Who cares.... They Just setting there Waiting to be bought

Send Proudly from my Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE via CB Mobile Forum App
    Apparently u care...cared enough to come post right?

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and SK122387 like this.
    10-20-13 01:01 AM
    The blamed leaked version is not the real reason, it takes few hours to block any version BlackBerry want to block.

Posted via CB10
    Tariq Nasir likes this.
    10-20-13 02:32 AM
    I've never listened to Frank and won't start now.
    He is the Chief Marketing Officer after all... I am not really believing him either which is sad.

Right now, blackberry's Management is an embarrasment...
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-20-13 03:40 AM
    He is the Chief Marketing Officer after all... I am not really believing him either which is sad.

Right now, blackberry's Management is an embarrasment...
    I don't they are an embarrassment. I think the board has tied their hands, as the whole way of doing business will likely transform significantly once a new buyer has been identified.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd likes this.
    10-20-13 07:32 AM
    I don't they are an embarrassment. I think the board has tied their hands, as the whole way of doing business will likely transform significantly once a new buyer has been identified.

Posted via CB10
    I, too, believe that mgmt is somewhat restricted with the ongoing sale. However, WHY would the CMO then announce BBM at all?

That is what i mean with embarassment.
    10-20-13 07:39 AM
    Did they tell people it was a technical problem..or did they just pull it and make up some other excuse? Maybe they'll wait another 3 weeks and then tell people lies too..

Sent from my Nexus 4
    You mean like BB10 phones were delayed for a specific chip?

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-20-13 07:46 AM
    Funny thing is.... everyone bad mouthing them (don't blame them) about the delay who is on iOS or Android..................will still download it and try it.
    No no, actually the funny thing is.... they just issued a statement less than a week ago trying to reassure a market(a very unforgiving one, rightfully so), that they're still good. IMHO, thats an extremely desperate measure to go out there and beg the general public to still 'believe' in them, when a simple App launch couldnt go off as planned. First saying, end of summer(literally sticking to that word, instead of launching it before the end of summer to help benefit their own situation and not feed critics) then attempt to launch it which didnt go off too well, furthermore, not even bothering to inform the same group(who they JUST tried to reassure and/or beg for back) what the actual issue is or what a potential launch date is.

Now THAT'S what's funny
    notfanboy and bbhuh like this.
    10-20-13 07:50 AM
    My info is current as of 7:30 eastern tonight from someone at BlackBerry . No they are not directly involved in BBM but senior enough they should know.
    Clearly, he/she thinks they're senior.
    Then again, its really relative. A Cleaner may feel senior in his/her own level of hierarchy.
    10-20-13 07:55 AM
    People who signed up to get notified for when it gets released i believe.
    I'm so glad I registered for the ZERO updates I have received. I will probably get an update 5 days after its available telling me "BBM now available!"

Posted via CB10
    ciscobear likes this.
    10-20-13 08:39 AM
    You noticed that too eh. Never got any updates from that.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-20-13 09:40 AM
    I'm so glad I registered for the ZERO updates I have received. I will probably get an update 5 days after its available telling me "BBM now available!"

Posted via CB10
    5 days?! You're clearing being optimistic. I heard people were just getting emails from BBRY 6 months after the launch about the "newest" release of the Z10

Sent from my Nexus 4
    10-20-13 09:41 AM
    BBM cross platform will be launched this week. The launch will be a staggered launch.
    Er, um... so staggered that it hasn't even rolled out yet? Is that how this works?

My info is current as of 7:30 eastern tonight from someone at BlackBerry . No they are not directly involved in BBM but senior enough they should know.
    Or, perhaps, this "someone at BlackBerry" doesn't really have as much importance within BlackBerry as suggested, and the "information" they passed along was as bogus as anyone else's guess.
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-20-13 12:20 PM
    Forget about cross platform bbm. BlackBerry will get it all sorted once the sale is complete.

Posted via CB10
    angad7.10 likes this.
    10-20-13 01:40 PM
    I wonder what Samsung thinks about all of this? The had a marketing campaign including commercials all set to go. Wasn't BBM supposed to be preloaded on some Samsung phones too?
    10-20-13 01:57 PM
307 ... 89101112 ...