10-28-13 02:28 AM
209 ... 6789
tools
    My kids signed up on their iPhones at 8 PM EDT last night, and still haven't gotten an email now at 5PM EDT the next day, and both of their emails are tied to a BlackBerry ID because they both had BlackBerry devices up until a little over a month ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 05:29 PM
    I got in, only to find all of my old bbm contacts long gone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-22-13 05:33 PM
    My kids signed up on their iPhones at 8 PM EDT last night, and still haven't gotten an email now at 5PM EDT the next day, and both of their emails are tied to a BlackBerry ID because they both had BlackBerry devices up until a little over a month ago.
    I think you get to bypass the line if you already have a BBID, so have them try to set it up if they haven't already.
    10-22-13 05:41 PM
    I guess I'm not the only one having issues with the lineup system. I downloaded it on my Nexus 4 and filled out my email (which is also my current BBID, if it makes a difference) at 10 PM EST last night. It's 5:43 PM EST now, and I still have no email. Hitting the "I got the email" button in the app does nothing either.
    10-22-13 05:43 PM
    I think he is hurt Kevin. Lol
    I know. Poor lovey. Someone said something nasty about his one true love.
    10-22-13 06:58 PM
    I think you get to bypass the line if you already have a BBID, so have them try to set it up if they haven't already.
    I tried yesterday and it was a no go. Just have to wait in the "virtual line" after already waiting for a month to get it on their phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 07:04 PM
    I tried yesterday and it was a no go. Just have to wait in the "virtual line" after already waiting for a month to get it on their phones.
    I see. I guess I got lucky then.
    10-22-13 07:34 PM
    I just got in straight away using the same email address I gave 24 hours ago. Still haven't received any emails from Blackberry.

Now, I get the sound of crickets when I open the app. What's one to do now??
    10-22-13 07:41 PM
    I just got in straight away using the same email address I gave 24 hours ago. Still haven't received any emails from Blackberry.

Now, I get the sound of crickets when I open the app. What's one to do now??
    The email system does definitely seem to be bugged - after my 20-odd hour wait, I got in just by hitting the "I got the email" button, without ever getting an email. I checked my Junk folder too, nothing there.
    10-22-13 07:53 PM

1. Add robust features very quickly and without
    Bugs
    2.monetize the system
    3.get a large and/or growing user base - up there with the other platforms at the least
    1. agree

2. The permissions of the app, and tos tell me that they could definitely make money from data mining.

3. They had over 1 million downloads in 24 hours on android alone which means that people actually are interested. If it has competitive features people will use them over kik, whatsapp, and etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:27 PM
    If this can't be removed it will be DOA for android and get raked across the coals in reviews.
    The article's from yesterday, but apparently the persistent BBM notification on Android isn't BlackBerry's fault; the editors at Android Central admitted that it's due to the way Google handles 3rd party apps and memory allotment.

http://m.androidcentral.com/bbm-has-...t-want-turn-it

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:29 PM
    How's that SMS integration for Google Hangout coming lulz..
    You mean the one that is going to be released in a week that not only does IM's but SMS, video calling and conferencing, voice, free long distance in the US/Canada, syncs across multiple platforms and devices?? What does this new BBM do again, oh ya, none of those. Let me guess, it's Coming Soon right....

Sent from my LG-D803 using CB Forums mobile app
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    10-22-13 10:47 PM
    Will Hangouts finally support sending files (not pics)? You know, like pretty much every other messaging platform out there.

You mean the one that is going to be released in a week that not only does IM's but SMS, video calling and conferencing, voice, free long distance in the US/Canada, syncs across multiple platforms and devices?? What does this new BBM do again, oh ya, none of those. Let me guess, it's Coming Soon right....

10-22-13 10:56 PM
    Excellent. And how long has Hangouts been out for now?
    10-23-13 01:35 AM

I think they do mean that one, if youre talking about the one made BY Google, but not running on their own mobile devices... and comparing it to the messaging platform that BlackBerry just released for OTHER OSs.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 02:09 AM
    Same here. I'm not checking anymore. I'll give them overnight.
    Just thought I'd follow up. Requested early on Monday afternoon.Just got my "you're at the front of the line" email. I already found a work around, but that's not very good for timing.
    10-23-13 11:59 AM
    I eventually got my email as well - roughly 27 hours after originally registering, and 7 hours after I got in by just hitting the "I got the email" button. Many of my friends are still waiting. They've got to so something about this, these kind of wait times are unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 02:05 PM
    so something just occurred to me. If you register BBM on your iphone with a certain email address then decide to switch platforms and get an Android phone. If you use the same email address to register on that will all your contacts be available?
    10-23-13 04:53 PM
    so something just occurred to me. If you register BBM on your iphone with a certain email address then decide to switch platforms and get an Android phone. If you use the same email address to register on that will all your contacts be available?
    Well, former BlackBerry users that downloaded BBM on iOS or Android have reported that their contacts were restored, so I'd say yes?

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 07:44 PM
    Well my kids never got the email, but I went in today and it let them finish the register. BBM on iOS seems to be even quicker than on BB10 with sending and receiving, and the toast notifications they have now but that I won't have on my Z10 till "Winter" is very nice. Sad that the experience seems better on iOS, only missing voice and video which I rarely use.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 08:23 PM
    Well my kids never got the email, but I went in today and it let them finish the register. BBM on iOS seems to be even quicker than on BB10 with sending and receiving, and the toast notifications they have now but that I won't have on my Z10 till "Winter" is very nice. Sad that the experience seems better on iOS, only missing voice and video which I rarely use.

Posted via CB10
    Well I spoke too soon. Tried to send my one son a BBM this morning and it never got delivered. Tried the other son and same thing. I'll have to troubleshoot at a later time, but it appears that BBM to iOS devices is not as reliable as on BlackBerry. If I can't rely on messages getting delivered reliably like I can for Blackberry to BlackBerry then BBMX is not going to be useful.
    10-24-13 10:04 AM
    BBM seems to be working perfectly so far between me (Z10) and wife (iPhone 4s - OS Version not known).
    Messages delivered instantly. Invite process, and profile updates all working as expected. Nice, no surprises. Hope this continues, and that features get rolled out to iOS and Android versions quickly.
    10-24-13 10:37 AM
    I haven't had any issues either..well, except for one thing. I was messaging a friend in Beirut (iOS version of BBM) and aside from the emojis looking like Rage faces, we were sending each other pictures and when I went to open the Chat Window, I got a toast notification that the chat was deleted. Backed out and went back in, the chat was still there. Everything else works though, from my end; inviting, send/rec pictures, etc...
    10-24-13 11:39 AM
    We've got a celebrity endorsement from Kevin Durant:

BBM4ALL is a GO!-img_00000483.png

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-24-13 02:06 PM
    We've got a celebrity endorsement from Kevin Durant
    Well, as long as it ain't Westbrook...
    00stryder likes this.
    10-24-13 02:14 PM
209 ... 6789