10-28-13 02:28 AM
209 ... 34567 ...
tools
    DL'd it, and it sends/receives messages surprisingly quick. After testing it out I ended up un-installed it for a few reasons.
    1. Could not find the option to shut it down.
    2. No Video conferencing (I knew that it wouldn't be available)
    3. Takes forever to launch (it's like waiting for bb10 to reboot on a z10).

I have BBM on my z10, so I could wait a few updates for the Android version to catch up.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 05:44 PM
    this is nuts, over 10,000 5 stars review already on google play
    cajunberry and shads77 like this.
    10-21-13 05:49 PM
    When initially announced I was crazy excited to tell everyone of my ex-BB user friends to get this, I can't really think of a reason right now to do so. I use a desktop, BB phone, android phone, android tablet, etc. BBM in this iteration does not provide me with something that I can use on all devices and sync conversations easily from one device to the next and for that reason, this app is several years behind. Maybe this comes in the future, but right now there are apps that do send/received status, voice calling, video calling, group chat, group video chat.. Like I said, it's a let down, I can't in good faith recommend anyone download this to use with me because honestly I don't want to get laughed at, let alone the fact that there isn't really any reason to use it.
    notfanboy likes this.
    10-21-13 05:52 PM
    It could be an option in the app once you have it up and running and its just persistent now because I'm not registered yet. It would be nice if somebody that has it running on Android would confirm that the icon can be turned off..
    It's also persistant for those in Africa without a Samsung. Had no option but to uninstall it.
    10-21-13 05:55 PM
    You'll need 3 different BlackBerry ID's to use BBM on 3 devices
    I don't know how it works with the other devices, but for BB10, I have ONE BBID and it works for my Z10 and Q10.
    I only use one device at a time, so when I switch, I just go to BBM and "switch devices," and my BBM list loads on the device I'm using.
    10-21-13 06:00 PM
    this is nuts, over 10,000 5 stars review already on google play
    "GOOGLE PLAY IS FULL OF GARBAGE!!! (except for BBM and its 5 star reviews)" -BlackBerry fanboys' newest line.
    10-21-13 06:02 PM
    I don't know how it works with the other devices, but for BB10, I have ONE BBID and it works for my Z10 and Q10.
    I only use one device at a time, so when I switch, I just go to BBM and "switch devices," and my BBM list loads on the device I'm using.
    Right. You can use one BBID across different devices, but chat histories won't carry over.

Something interesting I noticed (at least on Android) is that if you type mypin in the message line, it works the same way as it does on BBs. I wonder how they did that. On BBs, it's built into the list of word substitutions (i.e. it is one of many.)
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 06:03 PM
    That's essentially what they're talking about. It's not that you have to use unique BBIDs for each device, but you do if you want to use all three devices at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 06:03 PM
    Right. You can use one BBID across different devices, but chat histories won't carry over.

Something interesting I noticed (at least on Android) is that if you type mypin in the message line, it works the same way as it does on BBs. I wonder how they did that. On BBs, it's built into the list of word substitutions (i.e. it is one of many.)
    This is what infuriates me about BlackBerry. How can they be so brilliant with small things like this (or bigger ones like RFA) and yet fail so hard on what seems to be very simple things?!

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-21-13 06:05 PM
    how long do we have to wait for the emails? any idea?????
    I have been waiting for about three and a half hours.
    10-21-13 06:15 PM
    I was a much more reserved evangelist today compared to September 21

Glad to see it out!
    10-21-13 06:16 PM
    I have been waiting for about three and a half hours.
    Same here. I'm not checking anymore. I'll give them overnight.
    10-21-13 06:19 PM
    Well, the good news for forum members like dacunto, HardTalk, and others, (who posted that they heard from "multiple sources" that BBM4ALL was cancelled and would not be coming) is that they now know their sources are clueless and can be ignored in the future.
    10-21-13 06:23 PM
    Same here. I'm not checking anymore. I'll give them overnight.
    Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm
    10-21-13 06:26 PM
    I decided to check to see if it worked again without receiving an email. It did. If you haven't received the email, you still should try it again because the email dosen't seem to be coming.
    10-21-13 06:27 PM
    I have the app. Was waiting for the email.

I decided to check to see if it worked again without receiving an email. It did. If you haven't received the email, you still should try it again because the email don't seem to be coming.
    Thanks. You're right.
    10-21-13 06:30 PM
    I will agree with you on the fact that my action was childish at best, but not that my misuse of ratings is disingenuous - I think it is quite appropriate. They aren't exactly "reviews" of the product are they? They are not in any way a representation of that persons experience with real world app usage, it's simply a grievance with the roll-out strategy. So with that in mind, I didn't find those reviews helpful.
    I give you credit for admitting that about your actions - admitting it is a rather mature thing to do! lol.

I don't agree though, it IS part of the experience - in fact a critical part - so when I read reviews, I often want to know about things like this! Whether it's an install bug, a problem with the support, or....an install....uh...wait....in a way, I think it's good because it prepares people. Think about it this way...I'm still waiting....I find it annoying, and quite a buzzkill....but at least I knew about it, so I expected it. Had I not read it on the forums first, It would be even worse "what the....what's going on here??" Would look for answers, be really annoyed, or quite possibly uninstall it then and there without even waiting.

I'd say it's good to know in advance, and it's probably better for BB - but either way, whether one thinks it's significant or not, good or not, it's a legitimate and true part of the experience of this app....it IS a review of the app...with this app....unlike most apps, you download it, and then you just sit. That's a review of the app indeed... put it this way, if it were a bug that caused this, would that be legitimate? Of course...if people said, you download this app, then it just sits....a bug causes it to be unusable for some period of time - thumbs down, would that be wrong? No! It would be good to know. If BB had done this intentionally - which is essentially what happened- also good to know. You download this, and BB has designed it so that you must just sit and wait for some unknown period of time until it works (sounds ridiculous when put that way doesn't it....understandable why people would react negatively!)....also a legitimate complaint/review. So, this is not just a "roll-out strategy". It's an integral part of the experience of using this app at the moment - you don't get to use it for some unknown period of time.
    10-21-13 06:38 PM
    Add me 333AB7CC

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 06:42 PM
    BBM's also incorporated into the list of sharing methods accessible with that sideways V. But what's interesting is that I shared a 2.2MB picture the size of the file sent was 18.16KB. Very interesting indeed. AFAIK, none of the other direct competitors compress images (or files, in general) when sending them.
    10-21-13 06:47 PM
    What is your definition of quick?

The same as BB's definition of soon?
    I hope this isn't like Mail queue where the wait was several weeks.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:07 PM
    I hope this isn't like Mail queue where the wait was several weeks.

Posted via CB10
    My work around was inputting my old BB info. Worked fine. Now I just have to find someone to message.

The interface is quite good though.
    10-21-13 08:25 PM
    I have to wait in line to use the software? No ******* way. Who thought up this ****? Clearly there is a problem with BlackBerry's system, for them to say "wait your turn and we tell you it's OK, to send a BlackBerry user a message." Wait, I can already do that today via SMS... Another #fail. Sorry but it is.
    ur an idiooot without the line up the servers would crash and negative press would increase even more soo. Very smart move by BB to limit it to 1000 downloads per second. and yes go jays go.
    10-21-13 08:32 PM
    When initially announced I was crazy excited to tell everyone of my ex-BB user friends to get this, I can't really think of a reason right now to do so. I use a desktop, BB phone, android phone, android tablet, etc. BBM in this iteration does not provide me with something that I can use on all devices and sync conversations easily from one device to the next and for that reason, this app is several years behind. Maybe this comes in the future, but right now there are apps that do send/received status, voice calling, video calling, group chat, group video chat.. Like I said, it's a let down, I can't in good faith recommend anyone download this to use with me because honestly I don't want to get laughed at, let alone the fact that there isn't really any reason to use it.
    in good faith? seriously? ur sooo lame.
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    10-21-13 08:35 PM
    I'm not gonna judge it at this moment. I've gotten into it because I signed up for it before release but no one I know personally uses it. I don't even know anyone with a BlackBerry anymore so its gonna take some convincing to get them on it.
    10-21-13 08:45 PM
    Do bbm have the cool emjois?
    10-21-13 08:48 PM
209 ... 34567 ...