10-28-13 01:28 AM
209 ... 23456 ...
tools
    how long do we have to wait for the emails? any idea?????
    10-21-13 03:13 PM
    alas, this seems to be the case. sorry guys, the app is bunk. it shouldn't need to remain open and in your notification tray and yet, that's how it is. it's a bogus release and will be the laughing stock of the android community for the next few days as it then slowly fades away behind hangouts which now supports sms.

Why can't BlackBerry get anything right? What a let down. They actually built an app that goes against Googles terms and recommendations and could actually be banned. Unless I'm missing something here. It was reported this would be optional: http://www.androidcentral.com/bbm-an...oved-interface
    It could be an option in the app once you have it up and running and its just persistent now because I'm not registered yet. It would be nice if somebody that has it running on Android would confirm that the icon can be turned off..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 03:14 PM

Yes, it's out there for real, just wait for the activation email right now, as I expected.
    schmeat likes this.
    10-21-13 03:15 PM
    It actually feels liberating to put thumbs down on all of the stupid 1-star reviews on Google Play
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 03:23 PM
    It actually feels liberating to put thumbs down on all of the stupid 1-star reviews on Google Play
    What about all the 5 star reviews by people saying they were excited but hadn't used it yet? Those are more disingenuous than the people complaining about the persistent icon

00stryder and richardat like this.
    10-21-13 03:29 PM
    What about all the 5 star reviews by people saying they were excited but hadn't used it yet? Those are more disingenuous than the people complaining about the persistent icon

The only ones I voted thumbs down were of people complaining about the waiting list. Good point though
    raysgrumpy and 00stryder like this.
    10-21-13 03:31 PM
    BBM for IOS is cellular only. Won't work on iPad With-Fi.

So I guess Playbook owners are out of luck again. Gotta love bbry.
    You have to be kidding me. Please tell me you misspoke... why, BBRY? Why?
    10-21-13 03:34 PM
    Yes, it's out there for real, just wait for the activation email right now, as I expected.
    I'm at 2 hours and counting.
    10-21-13 03:44 PM
    10-21-13 03:51 PM
    That's already expected, was suspected back in the day that this was part of the reason why it never came to the PlayBook. It's the way the system handles the use of accounts and associates it with your pin, but in theory with the adoption of BBID for everything now this should change in the future.

I think BlackBerry is only concerned about getting BBM on other platforms first and then will deal with multiple device uses later. Don't forget that we might be seeing a Bridge-like use of BBM on our desktop/laptop machines too.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 03:58 PM
    One pin = one device

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:01 PM
    The usual harbingers of bad news will get carpel tunnel before the day is out.
    10-21-13 04:06 PM
    Nice- they indeed DID hold my spot in the line, the moment I entered my email it went ahead and let me log in... it's working - though I think I got a new PIN after it asked me to "switch" my account to this phone (Xperia Z Ultra)...?
    10-21-13 04:10 PM

what id they were former BBM users who have experience with BBM? everything is relative.
    10-21-13 04:10 PM
    I wish there was a "THanks for the info, but I realy wish it wasn't so" button. So thanks, Katiepea - but beejus, BBerry, what the h3ll were you thinking???

- R.
    10-21-13 04:12 PM
    I had the "original" download on my iPhone but just updated it and it's looks slightly better in quality (keyboard, copy pin easier access etc) just added bonus that now my friends can download it too

- - - - -

22 UK bi F,
    20+
    Group invites welcome
    Pin:7562b537
    Sent via CB app on iPhone 5.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 04:13 PM
    One pin = one device
    Ok I downloaded it.

Does this mean I need distinct BBM accounts on my Z10, Android, and iOS device?
    10-21-13 04:14 PM
    One pin = one device

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty dumb - how would you log in from multiple device?
    10-21-13 04:16 PM
    Ok I downloaded it.

Does this mean I need distinct BBM accounts on my Z10, Android, and iOS device?
    Was typing this question. Same id, different PINS? Anyone?
    seriously just wait you will get it we dont want a repeat of what happend last time =]
    p
    Not to mention that Mylesw42 proud proclamation of his misuse of ratings is yet another disingenuous act. Mylesw42 many of those people have legitimate grievances with the app including being on a waiting list, and rating them down because acting out in that way makes you feel better isn't right. Way to represent eh?
    10-21-13 04:20 PM
    Was typing this question. Same id, different PINS? Anyone?
    You'll need 3 different BlackBerry ID's to use BBM on 3 devices
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-21-13 04:25 PM
    Not to mention that Mylesw42 proud proclamation of his misuse of ratings is yet another disingenuous act. Mylesw42 many of those people have legitimate grievances with the app including being on a waiting list, and rating them down because acting out in that way makes you feel better isn't right. Way to represent eh?
    I will agree with you on the fact that my action was childish at best, but not that my misuse of ratings is disingenuous - I think it is quite appropriate. They aren't exactly "reviews" of the product are they? They are not in any way a representation of that persons experience with real world app usage, it's simply a grievance with the roll-out strategy. So with that in mind, I didn't find those reviews helpful.
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 04:33 PM
    I have no doubt that BBM is a great messenger if you use a BlackBerry phone. People proclaiming it is hands down better than FB messenger or Hangouts are grasping at straws. Without being able to use it on multiple devices and having no desktop client, it's functionality lags behind the others.

10-21-13 04:34 PM
    One pin = one device

Posted via CB10
    That no longer applies since the migration from pins to BBIDs, but I'm sure it's part of the reason why you can only log in from one device at a time. I'm fairly positive that they're working on modifying the backend of the system to support multi-device logins though. At least, I hope they're already working on it...

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 04:36 PM
209 ... 23456 ...