10-28-13 01:28 AM
209 12345 ...
tools
    If the front of the line takes 90 minutes to be able to download it, how long does it take when you're at the back of the line?

I see this frustrating a lot of people.
    LOL that I dont know
    10-21-13 01:59 PM
    the waiting liste is moving quick! trust me,
    What is your definition of quick?

The same as BB's definition of soon?
    Shlooky, h20work and JeepBB like this.
    10-21-13 02:00 PM
    So you work at BB and are involved in BBM? Got nothing better to do today? LOL.

If your offer was serious, It would help if you gave a real name and title. If you can't, then send me your SIN, name, credit card info, and I will get you to the top of the of the list!
    I do NOT work at BB. A friend does.

your email address is not the same as giving out your SIN.

I guess everyone is a skeptic though.
    10-21-13 02:01 PM

Yes you're asking people for personal information to accounts that have financial access linked to them, that doesn't seem risky at all.
    10-21-13 02:10 PM

LOL. No kidding it's different...:hence the joke... the support of the claim however is the same :-)

No, everyone isn't a skeptic, but they certainly SHOULD be when an anonymous person, with no preamble, announces he will get them to the front of the line! If you don't understand that basic premise, then your judgment is further suspect.
    10-21-13 02:11 PM
    I was able to download it on android and I am waiting for the email. I posted on another thread that I thought I read the persistent icon was gone in the newest android beta? I have the icon saying BBM is running on top of my screen and can't swipe it away. This will be a huge deal breaker for many android users, if they don't give you the option!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-21-13 02:12 PM
    Looks like the Android Play Store has it up too, though I don't know (and can't check) to see if you still have to wait:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbm

Posted via CB10
    Fr3lncr likes this.
    10-21-13 02:13 PM
    I understand .. but I have been here for 4 years (dont post alot) it is not like I just signed up

Here is my facebook profile (I think it is viewable to all)

https://www.facebook.com/dale.sanger

I am a Pastor in Toronto.. I have a friend that works at BB..
    richardat and Tre Lawrence like this.
    10-21-13 02:15 PM
    I understand .. but I have been here for 4 years (dont post alot) it is not like I just signed up

Seems legit, again I don't think you're messing with us. Unfortunately, you have to appreciate the level of skepticism around here given... recent "events." Either way, thanks for being helpful!

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 02:18 PM
    Seems legit, again I don't think you're messing with us. Unfortunately, you have to appreciate the level of skepticism around here given... recent "events." Either way, thanks for being helpful!

Posted via CB10
    I do understand
    10-21-13 02:20 PM

Not sure why you are trying so hard. Worrying about your reputation, with people you don't know, on the internet is a waste of time.

Do yourself a favor and delete that url, before someone makes your FB a mess.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    10-21-13 02:21 PM

I am a Pastor in Toronto.. I have a friend thatt works at BB..
    That certainly helps! Of course, we can't even be sure that is you, or that you should be trusted, but if it's you, I appreciate the effort, and I'm glad you can see why terse replies to us about being "skeptics" didn't help establish any trust! LOL. Anyways, your friend really said: go on CB, and anyone who wants to be the front of the line can email you, and you can email me, and I'll put them at the front of the line??

Instead, can you ask him what the real problems were the last few weeks, and why they are taking this one-at-a-time method now?? I'm sure many here would appreciate knowing more about those things.
    10-21-13 02:25 PM
    I was able to download it on android and I am waiting for the email. I posted on another thread that I thought I read the persistent icon was gone in the newest android beta? I have the icon saying BBM is running on top of my screen and can't swipe it away. This will be a huge deal breaker for many android users, if they don't give you the option!

If this can't be removed it will be DOA for android and get raked across the coals in reviews.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 02:27 PM
    That certainly helps! Of course, we can't even be sure that is you, or that you should be trusted, but if it's you, I appreciate the effort, and I'm glad you can see why terse replies to us about being "skeptics" didn't help establish any trust! LOL. Anyways, your friend really said: go on CB, and anyone who wants to be the front of the line can email you, and you can email me, and I'll put them at the front of the line??

Instead, can you ask him what the real problems were the last few weeks, and why they are taking this one-at-a-time method now?? I'm sure many here would appreciate knowing more about those things.
    My friend never told me to go on CB and post it. He did ask me to post it on my facebook profile that it was available and that through him people could get to the front of the line.

I understand the skepticism... but does that really require a reply of "no one believe you dude" just simply ignore the post
    10-21-13 02:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely....forget "around here"...anytime anyone anonymously says something like that on the net....skepticism is the appropriate response! :-) A pastor should be able to appreciate blind faith in God is one thing....blind faith in "regnaston" is another....
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 02:28 PM
    hey guys for you who want the simple link av copied it here

BBM Share enjoy!!
    10-21-13 02:30 PM
    Absolutely....forget "around here"...anytime anyone anonymously says something like that on the net....skepticism is the appropriate response! :-) A pastor should be able to appreciate blind faith in God is one thing....blind faith in "regnaston" is another....
    lol WHAT??? you dont have blind faith in Regnaston... HERETIC
    richardat, 00stryder and m1a1mg like this.
    10-21-13 02:31 PM
    Invite all your friends on Facebook!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 02:37 PM
    So it begins.

BBM4ALL is a GO!-screen-shot-2013-10-21-12.37.58-pm.png

BBM4ALL is a GO!-screen-shot-2013-10-21-12.40.08-pm.pngBBM4ALL is a GO!-screen-shot-2013-10-21-12.40.14-pm.png

So far the good reviews outweigh the bad, I just hope that notification is actually removeable.
    10-21-13 02:39 PM
    If this can't be removed it will be DOA for android and get raked across the coals in reviews.
    I force stopped the app to get rid of the icon and rebooted my phone to see what happened. The icon is back. I understand that some apps stay in your notification shade when you pull it down (like light flow) but they don't stay on top of the screen, visible all the time. I hope there is an option to turn it off once you're signed up, or it will
    be uninstalled rather quickly.

10-21-13 02:41 PM
    BBM for IOS is cellular only. Won't work on iPad With-Fi.

So I guess Playbook owners are out of luck again. Gotta love bbry.
    10-21-13 02:44 PM
    I guess today is the day that Blackberry makes it officially feasible to switch to iOS or Android while keeping your BBM work or personal contacts.
    10-21-13 02:57 PM
    For those belly-aching about the Google Play app issues, please explain how I've already had 2 new Android BBM contacts added this afternoon? I asked the first and he said it was dead simple and he only waited 45 minutes to get the activation email. Not a big deal in my books! I don't blame BlackBerry for doing this - perhaps an easy way to control anyone trying to use an invalid, previously leaked version!

Looking forward to seeing my bbm list grow again!

Posted via my sweet Z10!
    10-21-13 03:00 PM
    I force stopped the app to get rid of the icon and rebooted my phone to see what happened. The icon is back. I understand that some apps stay in your notification shade when you pull it down (like light flow) but they don't stay on top of the screen, visible all the time. I hope there is an option to turn it off once you're signed up, or it will
    be uninstalled rather quickly.

alas, this seems to be the case. sorry guys, the app is bunk. it shouldn't need to remain open and in your notification tray and yet, that's how it is. it's a bogus release and will be the laughing stock of the android community for the next few days as it then slowly fades away behind hangouts which now supports sms.

Why can't BlackBerry get anything right? What a let down. They actually built an app that goes against Googles terms and recommendations and could actually be banned. Unless I'm missing something here. It was reported this would be optional: http://www.androidcentral.com/bbm-an...oved-interface
    Shlooky, JeepBB, m1a1mg and 1 others like this.
    10-21-13 03:02 PM
    alas, this seems to be the case. sorry guys, the app is bunk. it shouldn't need to remain open and in your notification tray and yet, that's how it is. it's a bogus release and will be the laughing stock of the android community for the next few days as it then slowly fades away behind hangouts which now supports sms.

Why can't BlackBerry get anything right? What a let down.
    I'm hoping these issues are premature and fixed quickly. But yes, doesn't seem like any BlackBerry-related releases ever go smoothly... -_-

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 03:10 PM
209 12345 ...