10-28-13 01:28 AM
209 1234 ...
tools
    https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/bbm/...bUvbUpU9370357

Apple iTunes link is up.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 01:17 PM
    BBM.com has a bunch of 404 page errors, google play link is dead, support link is dead...embarrassing. The app isn't on BlackBerry's google play account page... I guess Android isn't available, but they really REALLY need someone to teach them how to launch something, people will be going back to try again now with dead links and no app.
    10-21-13 01:17 PM
    Per the BBM Twitter account, retweeted by Michael Clewley, Vivek and the BlackBerry account, BBM is rolling out on Android and iPhone today!

BREAKING: Get BBM for Android and BBM for iPhone Now «Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

Posted via CB10
    Yay! And only a few weeks after most people hit the "I no longer care" threshold.

I was more excited than most about the prospect of cross-platform BBM. But honestly, after the "last day of summer" fiasco, I'm having trouble finding a reason to be interested. My bet, and perhaps I'll be proven wrong, is that despite BBRY's representations of "substantial interest", uptake will be rather lacklustre.
    10-21-13 01:21 PM
    Great news, the only problem is that the few people I know are not going to want to sign up on line first.

Posted via CB10
    If it goes quickly, at least it should be a relatively minor inconvenience, but it is another minor deterrence BB does not need, since BBM is already unlikely in my opinion to succeed.

GoJaysGo is correct - it does not engender confidence in the platform, company, or technology - careful, careful, Ok...let's try one more....you ma'am...step on the lifeboat.....slowly.....good....OK....now one at a time....now hold on....we all know what happened last time....Oh...that was a weird noise....Dave watch that leak over there.....OK..who's next? :-)

I assume though this will be discontinued after the first few days, once everything is running.

At least they are finally taking the first step of the marathon - another 26 miles to go....no more false starts or stumbles BB, if you want to even have an outside chance!
    litig8or98 and GoJaysGo like this.
    10-21-13 01:22 PM
    Official BlackBerry blog said the best way to get it was by visiting bbm.com on your android browser, installing the app and then wait in line. I went to bbm.com on my browser and it takes you to the play store and says item not found. It seems that they can't even stagger a release very well.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-21-13 01:23 PM
    I am confused my the BBM Roll Out Details:

1. Download BBM the easiest way is to visit BBM.com from your Android or iPhone browser*
    --- I go to BBM.com on my iPhone Safari browser. It is a picture of the BBM smiley face with his "wait a minute" finger up.
    --The links below the smiley face are visit the official BlackBerry blog (where these steps are from), follow BBM on twitter, get to know Blackberry messenger, support for BBM.
    ---None of these allow me to download BBM like step 1 says. In fact, the "support for BBM" link takes me to the BlackBerry app world store.

2. Once you install the app, open it, and enter your email address to hold your spot in line
    --No way to install it I see?

3. We will email you as soon as you reach the front of the line and can start using BBM
    --Ok

Where is the "Download BBM"?

Can someone help me.
    10-21-13 01:27 PM
    . My bet, and perhaps I'll be proven wrong, is that despite BBRY's representations of "substantial interest", uptake will be rather lacklustre.
    Impossible to know for sure, but I think you're quite correct. There are some BBM fans out there, so nostalgia will help them get some intial interest - but not much in the grand scheme of things....I don't think there is a a huge pent-up demand waiting beyond that crowd. If they want to take it to the top, they will have to do something they aren't too good at - build it, fill it with awesome, robust features quickly and flawlessly.

Assuming whatever BB becomes will still pursue this, they will really have to produce or it will whither away quickly.
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 01:31 PM
    Fix the title of this thread.
    BBM4ALL Line is a Go.

Google play button at bbm.com leads to "Not Found"
    No BBM in google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 01:37 PM

1. Download BBM – the easiest way is to visit BBM.com from your Android or iPhone browser*
    --- I go to BBM.com on my iPhone Safari browser. It is a picture of the BBM smiley face with his "wait a minute" finger up.
    --The links below the smiley face are visit the official BlackBerry blog (where these steps are from), follow BBM on twitter, get to know Blackberry messenger, support for BBM.
    ---None of these allow me to download BBM like step 1 says. In fact, the "support for BBM" link takes me to the BlackBerry app world store.

2. Once you install the app, open it, and enter your email address to hold your spot in line

3. We will email you as soon as you reach the front of the line and can start using BBM
    --Ok

Can someone help me.
    EXACTLY!! me n my other half have just checked hes phone but its saying this :S what tha ^ ^ ^ ^ :S
    10-21-13 01:39 PM

1. Download BBM – the easiest way is to visit BBM.com from your Android or iPhone browser*

--Ok

Can someone help me.
    I was automatically redirected to the app store - as soon as I loaded bbm.com....if it doesn't for you.....something went wrong.... :-(
    10-21-13 01:39 PM
    Impossible to know for sure, but I think you're quite correct. There are some BBM fans out there, so nostalgia will help them get some intial interest - but not much in the grand scheme of things....I don't think there is a a huge pent-up demand waiting beyond that crowd. If they want to take it to the top, they will have to do something they aren't too good at - build it, fill it with awesome, robust features quickly and flawlessly.

Assuming whatever BB becomes will still pursue this, they will really have to produce or it will whither away quickly.
    The trick is, uptake interest has a certain "viral" component. I was one of the "nostalgic", and was really eager to see it roll out. Forgot my phone at home today, so I won't be doing anything short term, but eventually, I'll have to wonder if I still want it. That answer to that question will be tied to a second question: how many of the people I would have connected to via BBM have now given up? Even if I still have warm and fuzzies for BBM, if half my ordinary contacts have cooled off since September 22, then isn't half of my motivation gone too?
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 01:40 PM
    So I installed it, but can't believe they are putting people on a waiting list.

The media will have a field day with this.
    10-21-13 01:40 PM
    the waiting liste is moving quick! trust me,
    10-21-13 01:43 PM

--Ok

Can someone help me.
    EXACTLY!! me n my other half have just checked hes phone but its saying this :S what tha ^ ^ ^ ^ :S

OK I found the trick. You HAVE to have the SIM card in the phone. I switched my micro SIM from my Z10 to my iPhone 4S and then the bbm.com re-directs you.
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 01:44 PM
    Blackberry is certainly an innovative company. They are coming up with ways of launching but not really launching BBM that I haven't even thought of. Starting off with no new accounts is genius.
    richardat likes this.
    10-21-13 01:44 PM
    Like I said previously it is rolling out to devices slowly (yes a line up) . Message me your phone type and the email address you use for itunes or google play and I can get you to front of line (about 90 minutes)
    knock this b.s. off, nobody believes you.
    10-21-13 01:47 PM
    knock this b.s. off, nobody believes you.
    pardon?

I am not lying ... anyone else with a friend at BB can confirm this
    10-21-13 01:51 PM
    Fix the title of this thread.
    BBM4ALL Line is a Go.

Google play button at bbm.com leads to "Not Found"
    No BBM in google play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kBerry+Limited
    Lol if a mod comes along and deems it necessary, then sure, why not?

Not too pleased with the whole queue thing myself, but I see why they think it's necessary (for Android, at least).

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 01:51 PM
    Lol if a mod comes along and deems it necessary, then sure, why not?

Not too pleased with the whole queue thing myself, but I see why they think it's necessary (for Android, at least).

Posted via CB10

yeah I noticed the Google Play link is dead.. iTunes one works though
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 01:52 PM
    So I installed it, but can't believe they are putting people on a waiting list.

The media will have a field day with this.
    Many hyped up apps have waitlists (Mailbox had 400,000+ people in line at one point...) but yes, you're quite right, the media is gonna tear them apart for this.
    10-21-13 01:53 PM
    pardon?

Dunno if I would also call BS on your offer, but it doesn't seem to be a huge deal for CB users here (we're used to/expecting this type of thing from BlackBerry now, lol), so unfortunately your efforts might be wasted on this crowd. If you are indeed legit, then thanks for your service.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 01:54 PM
    The trick is, uptake interest has a certain "viral" component. I was one of the "nostalgic", and was really eager to see it roll out. Forgot my phone at home today, so I won't be doing anything short term, but eventually, I'll have to wonder if I still want it. That answer to that question will be tied to a second question: how many of the people I would have connected to via BBM have now given up? Even if I still have warm and fuzzies for BBM, if half my ordinary contacts have cooled off since September 22, then isn't half of my motivation gone too?
    Absolutely....and you're right...in these kinds of endeavors...any deterrence has an effect that can be....magnified. You need to get momentum rolling the other way....and I don't think they have much to start with outside of that core group of adopters...but they can leverage that to get a good start if they do it right.....still an outside shot in my mind as I said...I don't' see any must-have or red-hot feature to get people excited right now. Maybe I'm wrong also - chatting is not exactly "my thing". LOL.

Moreover, BBM I believe, is a developing nations thing. That is where BBM still has a "lot" of users, and was still a big selling point. Let's face it, most of us...ahem..."Americans" have moved on long ago....and we have alternatives that most of us are content with. They need the android users in those other regions to latch on to it, as they move on from BB7.
    10-21-13 01:55 PM

1. Download BBM the easiest way is to visit BBM.com from your Android or iPhone browser*

--Ok

Can someone help me.
    They also said it may take a few hours!

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 01:55 PM
    If anyone wants to be put to the front of the download line give DM me the following

1. Device Type
    2. Email address you use on iTunes or Google Play Store

I have a buddy at BBM that can make it happen (once he inputs it you will be able to download within 90 minutes)
    If the front of the line takes 90 minutes to be able to download it, how long does it take when you're at the back of the line?

I see this frustrating a lot of people.
    10-21-13 01:57 PM
    pardon?

So you work at BB and are involved in BBM? Got nothing better to do today? LOL.

If your offer was serious, It would help if you gave a real name and title. If you can't, then send me your SIN, name, credit card info, and I will get you to the top of the of the list!
    00stryder likes this.
    10-21-13 01:58 PM
209 1234 ...