Apparently BBM voice is finally available in the UAE after being banned previously!

Mobile users in the UAE hve been unable to use one of BBMs biggest features, the ability to make calls using BBM for free. BBM Voice has been disabled for users in the UAE since BlackBerry launched the feature on the BlackBerry Z10 in 2013.

The good news for BBM users in the UAE is that BBM Voice is now functioning in not only the BlackBerry 10 upgrade but also with the BBM for Android and BBM for iOS upgrades.

BlackBerry recently rolled out an update to BBM for BlackBerry 10, Android and iOS and users are reporting that they can now use BBM Voice. Users in the UAE who have installed the update, be it on a BlackBerry, iOS or Android device, have reported that the call button within BBM is now lit green, signifying that they can use BBM Voice. Call quality using BBM Voice is as exceptional as it is in other countries

With more and more people using data around the world, BBM Voice allows users to call a BBM contact through BlackBerry Messenger instead of making a phone call. The big difference is that because data is being used and users can call any of their contacts anywhere in the world, for free.

BBM Viice works within BBM annd can be used with a reasonable data package or you can just use Wi-Fi. Having the ability to cross platform call contacts without leaving BBM, and for free, is a huge bonus.
    BBM Voice ban lifted in the UAE | Rapid Mobile
    12-25-14 02:17 AM
    Still not working for me.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:42 AM
    Still not working for me.

Posted via CB10
    Did you download all the recent updates??
    12-25-14 03:13 AM
    Nothing here either, using du network. Running official 10.2.1 and latest BBM.

Posted via My Beast Q10
    12-25-14 02:34 PM
    Good news.

Hope BBRY didn't have to compromise or agree to server access shenanigans like they did with India et.al. .... :-)

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    12-27-14 03:04 AM
    Nothing here either. I'm with Etisalat running the latest software and my bbm is up to date

Posted via CB10
    12-28-14 04:17 AM
    I'm going to be visiting Dubai in two weeks, my U.S. carrier is T-Mobile, and I get free data in the UAE.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether BBM Voice or Video will work? My mom has a Q10 and I wanted to chat with her sometimes.
    12-28-14 09:29 PM
    Still hasnt worked for me..

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 05:13 PM
    It works now, I was able to make a bbm voice call from Singapore to my friend in Dubai. But the call quality was not really clear but enough for us to continue the conversation

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 05:22 PM
    Which could only mean the the gov can now snoop on your bbm voice calls

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:44 PM
    lol yes they may have.... and ever since a backdoor was installed in india all bbm's feel super laggy.. it's almost like a firewall blocking packets!
    03-28-15 08:47 AM