11-01-13 03:19 PM
30 12
tools
    Knives allegedly belonging to Renae Lawrence and another Kerobokan prisoner revealed | News.com.au

Authorities said Lawrence and Gonzales plotted to kill two female jail guards who they hated and allege evidence of the plot was contained in BlackBerry messenger chats between the two found in the phone of Gonzales.

During that raid Gonzales' phone was seized and searched and the incriminating BBM chat was discovered, where Lawrence is alleged to have told Gonzales to "use the knife, use the metal chains" to kill the guards.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:13 AM
    So? How many are planned over SMS, whatsapp, WeChat and many many other communication platforms?
    10-29-13 09:25 AM
    Moved to News/Rumors.
    10-29-13 09:28 AM
    So what ? to be honest, is that Blackberrys' fault ?

I suspect the language used was probably Spanish so shall we blame Spain too.

Seems a pathetic attempt to have a go at BB
    10-29-13 09:30 AM
    Lol I was just posting it as I thought it was interesting they thought to use Blackberry's name and I'm not sure why they would.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:55 AM
    I agree with you all it has nothing to do with Blackberry yet they used the BBM name a few times

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 09:56 AM
    Extra points if you can stick the blame on the Roman Catholic Church.
    10-29-13 10:24 AM
    Wait... prisoners are allowed to have cell phones?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:41 AM
    Maybe because they thought they wouldn't be spied on with BBM.

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    10-29-13 11:25 AM
    Lol I love how they have a pic of the torch beside the knives
    10-29-13 11:37 AM
    So what ? to be honest, is that Blackberrys' fault ?

Seems a pathetic attempt to have a go at BB
    You folks are becoming more ridiculously thin-skinned by the day. The article wasn't "having a go" at BlackBerry, it is simply a detail of the crime these two tried to commit. Details,whether you like them or not, are the things that are generally included in reporting.
    LazyEvul, Etios, blackmoe and 2 others like this.
    10-29-13 01:33 PM
    It's quite funny really. People say use BBM for "security" but when things like this happens, people turns their back and say "is it really BlackBerry's fault?". But anyway, why do prisoners carrying phones around..

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 02:54 PM
    Yeah my thoughts why do prisoners have phones?

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer likes this.
    10-29-13 07:31 PM
    "Young gang member stomps mans head in with Timberland boots during gang initiation"

Let's blame Timberland and charge them with murder.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    10-29-13 08:25 PM
    BB's Fault?
    10-29-13 08:27 PM
    How did the authorities recover the messages, when BlackBerry phones and BBM are so secure?
    10-29-13 08:40 PM
    How did the authorities recover the messages, when BlackBerry phones and BBM are so secure?
    Well, ya think the phones may not have been password protected and it was just a matter of turning them on?

You got a mind. . . . Use it for all its worth.

From my Z30 on CB10
    10-29-13 09:03 PM
    Comeback fail...the police retrieved the phones, the messages are stored on the phone. If you think before you type, life becomes a lot nicer.
    bungaboy and blackmoe like this.
    10-29-13 09:12 PM
    So, you guys are saying that security is more a matter of the user than of the technology? Gee whiz, who'da thunk it...
    10-29-13 09:26 PM
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-29-13 09:31 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:39 PM
    No, seriously, how do prisoners have phones? And cell phones at that?

I don't see this is as anti-BBRY news, nor do I think the OP was trying to bash BBRY for the inmates using a BBRY.

When I first read the thread title I actually said to myself, "Yup, they knew exactly which phone and IM app to use for that particular job..." and I think that's what the OP was thinking as well as trying to get across.

You know you're number #1 in privacy/security when prisoners use your device. Prisoners are some of the sneakiest and cleverest at keeping things hidden and on the down-lo when they're locked up "on the inside". When a prisoner wants to keep things a secret, and they choose a BBRY and BBM, that says something...
    Terser Nori likes this.
    10-30-13 05:31 AM
    "Young gang member stomps mans head in with Timberland boots during gang initiation"

Let's blame Timberland and charge them with murder.
    That's exactly what people's mentality is if the murder weapon is a gun. Notice that no one is blaming the knife or the chains, but had it been a gun, then "we have to get rid of guns..."
    10-30-13 12:14 PM
    That's exactly what people's mentality is if the murder weapon is a gun. Notice that no one is blaming the knife or the chains, but had it been a gun, then "we have to get rid of guns..."
    Yea you should do, then you can have a low murder rate like the UK

Fable Publishing: C0012255F
    10-30-13 01:10 PM
    Chicago has one of the highest gun crime rates in the country and some of the strictest anti-gun laws.

I am pro-gun for sure, so I don't support this "blame the manufacturer/product" argument for any application to be honest.
    JR A likes this.
    10-30-13 02:02 PM
30 12