BBM Meeting available in BlackBerry World-img_20141113_055145.png

HD video conference up to 25 participant

More images:

Attachment 314080

Attachment 314081

EDIT: here the full description

Attachment 314083

Attachment 314084
    Last edited by DavideaNY; 11-13-14 at 08:04 AM.
    Ankit RS likes this.
    11-13-14 07:52 AM
    Description looks awesome. I'd definately pay for that.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-13-14 07:54 AM
    I definitely wanna see the presentation of the product now.. few more hours to go

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:43 AM
    Why is it not built in into the regular BBM?

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    11-13-14 08:45 AM
    Probably to differentiate Consumer from Enterprise? And free feature from paid ones?
    From the description it looks however that moving from one to the other is seamless.

Technically also BBM video opens another app when it is launched..
    I guess we just need to wait a little bit more to see how it works.

You can already login with BBID but after that it does not let you go any further

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:48 AM
    It's a paid subscription service, similar to GoToMeeting... it's basically a mobile version of GoToMeeting, but if it can work well with Blend, would bring it to the Desktop environment too. Definitely a cool product, just waiting to see cost and potential ability to also use it from the desktop.

I think it's separate from the BBM app because it's a paid service. It's still accessible from a BBM group chat, but it opens as a separate app (which is good because you can then continue using BBM for other conversations, etc.)
    11-13-14 08:51 AM
    I think this will be part of the BBM premium features. Along with the new features that came out.

This is something I would be looking to pay for and get.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 08:52 AM
    On the main CrackBerry page now

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 09:01 AM
    what I don't understand is why a BlackBerry user has to pay for this service. It's supposed to be free for all BlackBerry users. This is ridiculous. We're what has kept this company afloat all these years. Where is the reward?

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:45 PM
    what I don't understand is why a BlackBerry user has to pay for this service. It's supposed to be free for all BlackBerry users. This is ridiculous. We're what has kept this company afloat all these years. Where is the reward?

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to real life where everything in life isn't free

Commander and Chief of the Peevishlicious Crew
    11-13-14 07:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    The reward is in your pocket... It's the phone you PURCHASED from a company not a charity.
    gokulesh and SmileDahling like this.
    11-13-14 10:15 PM
    And yet neither one of you know anything about the world of business... anyways

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 11:39 PM
    And yet neither one of you know anything about the world of business... anyways

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you haven't a clue either since you expect a business to give away "products "

11-14-14 04:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Why on Earth do you think that BBM Meetings is "supposed" to be free? Where and when did BlackBerry commit to that?

This is a great example of modern day's entitlement culture where people think the whole world owes them something for nothing. In my view it something that the Smartphone ecosystems of the world have had a hand in cultivating and it's amusing but sad, nobody in the developed world knows the value of money any more.

BlackBerry as a business are trying to break even or make a profit by sometime next year. How are they going to do that if every product they spend their millions on developing is given away for free? BlackBerry don't have any money left to burn with no return on investment.

Vote with your wallet, if the product is good enough then pay for it, if it isn't then don't use it.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3442 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    habs_fan and gokulesh like this.
    11-14-14 04:31 AM
    Sounds like you haven't a clue either since you expect a business to give away "products "

Remind me why BlackBerry's market share is below 0.5%? And what's the incentive for companies to use Blackberries?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 01:10 PM
    Remind me why BlackBerry's market share is below 0.5%? And what's the incentive for companies to use Blackberries?

Posted via CB10
    As if that hasn't been discussed elsewhere ad nauseam... :-)

Just imagine a random developer creating and offering this service. Would he like to get paid for it? Sure.
    Now, if BlackBerry happens to be this developer, why would the product or service necessarily have to be ...free?

If you buy a Microsoft PC today, you might get Live Writer and WordPad, but you don't expect MS Office H&B or even Pro Plus on there, do you ...?
    (apart from a trial version or some Asus tablets/hybrids where H&S is thrown in)

Even the Surface Pro doesn't come with Office (at least not in the US -Japan got it, Surface RT got it), and that's a pure MS product...

:-)

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    11-14-14 02:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry have always been more Enterprise focused than consumer focused. They don't have many less users today than they did when they were making money hand over fist, but the number of consumer smartphone users has exploded leaving BlackBerry with a paltry looking market share, also known as a niche market. John Chen is OK with that, BlackBerry can be a niche Enterprise mobile player.

Why should a company use BlackBerrys?
    Security, productivity, security, efficiency, security, communications and security.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3442 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.4
    11-14-14 02:59 PM
    BlackBerry have always been more Enterprise focused than consumer focused. They don't have many less users today than they did when they were making money hand over fist, but the number of consumer smartphone users has exploded leaving BlackBerry with a paltry looking market share, also known as a niche market. John Chen is OK with that, BlackBerry can be a niche Enterprise mobile player.

Why should a company use BlackBerrys?
    Security, productivity, security, efficiency, security, communications and security.

I specifically mentioned companies - not consumers. Either way, that's where you're wrong. And now especially with the Samsung-BlackBerry tie-up, there really is no reason to chose a BlackBerry over an Android device. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for BlackBerry (just as almost every one of us on here are), but the public doesn't see it this way. BlackBerry needs to provide an incentive for companies to go with BlackBerry hardware. Including BBM Meetings as free software for BlackBerry devices would in fact increase their revenue because companies would go through and purchase their hardware. Hardware costs more than $12.95/month.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 03:54 PM
    I specifically mentioned companies - not consumers. Either way, that's where you're wrong. And now especially with the Samsung-BlackBerry tie-up, there really is no reason to chose a BlackBerry over an Android device. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for BlackBerry (just as almost every one of us on here are), but the public doesn't see it this way. BlackBerry needs to provide an incentive for companies to go with BlackBerry hardware. Including BBM Meetings as free software for BlackBerry devices would in fact increase their revenue because companies would go through and purchase their hardware. Hardware costs more than $12.95/month.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry and Android, even with Knox, are not the same! And android devices tied to the BES12 never get the same policy's than Blackberry devices. There is no MDM solution on this planet that has more feature than a Blackberry connected to a BES.

So this is a question of 'demand'. The balance feature and how it is implemented in BB10 is unique, you can not compare a android device tied to a BES with a Blackberry tied to a BES!

So, YES, there are a couple of reasons to choose a BlackBerry device instead of an Android....

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 10:39 PM