10-29-13 10:08 PM
177 ... 5678
tools
    45 million is predicted by Monday, no way it's now.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:11 PM
    You have to make a huge difference between downloads and installs!

What really counts are active installs! Google Play shows installs and 10M+ is a great number!

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:21 PM
    The prediction is likely based on the quoted 500,000 per hour.

I doubt it has been 500k/hour continously since launch, but it's possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-13 05:21 PM
    Day 5 and still trending in Toronto!
    BBM breaks through 20 million downloads?-img_00003452.png

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    10-26-13 06:47 PM
    If they're at 10M for android downloads, they're easily past 20M total. When they announced "10M for android and iOS in the first 24 hours" - from what I understand iOS downloads were 9 million and Android was 1 million - so even if they evened out - that's still 20 million new downloads for the cross platform apps. Their existing BBM users is the ? - how many have left since they last reported BBM users? I know at the peak there were 80 million blackberry users - but it's gone down. Maybe if they kept the bleeding to 70M, then adding another 30 million through cross platform applications and having 100M total subscribers is not out of the question.
    walcolm likes this.
    10-26-13 10:48 PM
    They're at 300 million though. It's like being up 5-0 in a game and the other team scores twice.

Posted via CB10
    Except there's plenty of time on the clock

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 04:43 AM
    If they're at 10M for android downloads, they're easily past 20M total. When they announced "10M for android and iOS in the first 24 hours" - from what I understand iOS downloads were 9 million and Android was 1 million - so even if they evened out - that's still 20 million new downloads for the cross platform apps. Their existing BBM users is the ? - how many have left since they last reported BBM users? I know at the peak there were 80 million blackberry users - but it's gone down. Maybe if they kept the bleeding to 70M, then adding another 30 million through cross platform applications and having 100M total subscribers is not out of the question.
    Iirc, BBM peak user base was around 60 million users.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:13 AM
    I think you got the bolded part backwards.
    10-27-13 08:15 AM
    Another opportunity for BBM could be in cross promotion, or support of, other popular apps:

L3G10N_XIII Top story: Textgram (for BBM & Instagram) - Приложения на Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...adore.textgram, see more
    10-27-13 12:11 PM
    Places like Africa, it just hit the stores recently that's why the numbers are jumping from 5-10 to 10-50 million. The numbers will keep growing and BlackBerry need to keep improving the app to show their commitment. We the addicts are doing our part in helping and forcing others in downloading, (like the one guy here here who downloaded bbm to his sons iPhone while he was sleeping). Nice one lol. BlackBerry needs to do theirs in fixing certain things that many have voiced their concerns about.

C001246E8
    10-27-13 03:31 PM
    They need to fix the iOS app. If I click a message to respond by going into my notification center or by clicking the banner to respond, the app deletes the persons message that I try to respond to.

Thankfully they fixed the contacts bug, but this is even worse.
    10-27-13 07:10 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yes, blackberry needs to continue to work hard to improve the overall great bbm experience...

I am confidently letting all my friends know to get on board the bbm!!....

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 07:50 PM
    45 million???? As I'm happy with BlackBerry getting 20 million.... 45 million seems far fetched..... or is it?

Not really. See below.

In the USA, BBM is holding steady at #2 MOST POPULAR FREE APP (above ALL other messaging apps) for iOS, and has now hit #6 TOP FREE APP on Google Play in the USA.

4.2 stars out of 5 on Google Play "10million to 50million installs"

#2 and holding TOP FREE APP on the Apple App Store for the better part of a week now.

Now #6 TOP FREE APP on Google Play for the United States.

BBM HAS BECOME THE FASTEST GROWING INSTANT MESSAGING APP IN THE WORLD.

• More daily downloads than Snapchat
    • More daily downloads than WhatsApp
    • More daily downloads than Kik
    • More daily downloads than Skype
    • More daily downloads than Instagram (for iOS)

Status by country for iOS as of October 28 2013:

#1 TOP FREE APP in 89 countries: Canada, France, Netherlands, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua & Barbuda, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Benin, Bermuda, Bolivia, Botswana, British Virgin Islands, Burkina Faso, Cayman Islands, Chad, Columbia, Congo, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Egypt, El Salvador, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Thailand, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turks and Caicos, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe.

#2 TOP FREE APP in 10 countries: in United States, United Kingdom, Belgium, Belize, Brunei, Bulgaria, Mexico, Montserrat, Romania, Uruguay

Since release it has reached #1 status in 100 countries for iOS. It is currently #1 on Google Play in such huge markets as India and Indonesia, and various others including Egypt, UK and Canada.
    SteelGreek, R Field and fedakd like this.
    10-28-13 07:46 PM
    Not really. See below.

Since release it has reached #1 status in 100 countries for iOS. It is currently #1 on Google Play in such huge markets as India and Indonesia, and various others including Egypt, UK and Canada.
    And now for the sad part....

Looking at Google Play (Canada)

Google Play Picks? AccuWeather
    Apps To Watch? Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown
    Editor's Choice? Noom Weight Loss Coach

Not a mention. Gee, that's funny, considering Google couldn't care less. =)
    10-28-13 08:42 PM
    Day 7 and still trending in Toronto

BBM breaks through 20 million downloads?-img_00003459.png

fedakd likes this.
    10-28-13 09:56 PM
    Had to post this tweet....lots more of these I suspect @vinceleeYYC: I downloaded it. I'm a hypocrite. #bbm

Maybe more in the future won't admit to it to this extent but I expect a lot of closet BBM users. Ha!

10-28-13 11:04 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Great news so far! ....

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 11:09 PM
    And yet, still no word from BBRY. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    10-29-13 07:34 AM
    And yet, still no word from BBRY. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.
    Adam just posted on the front page that there are 20m new active users. Not installs. Active users.... now up to 80m total

Posted via a Verizon Z10 running a 10.2.1.575 hybrid and CB10. My channel: C0004F9BB
    10-29-13 08:14 AM
    BBM breaks through 20 million downloads.

S4BB is responsible for 12 million of those *just kidding*
    10-29-13 08:37 AM
    Yea as predicted, last week BBM broke more than 30 million downloads and they now have more than 20 million active users on BBM from iOS and Android and more than 80 million in total.
    10-29-13 08:47 AM
    So 1/3 of the downloads were immediately uninstalled?
    10-29-13 10:49 AM
    So 1/3 of the downloads were immediately uninstalled?
    So what do you think that number is for any app? Whether it's BBM, whatsapp, candy crush or whatever....im sure a lot of downloads just happen because its the thing to do and is on the top charts but then doesn't get used.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:37 PM
    Simmer down, it was a simple observation.
    10-29-13 01:40 PM
    Simmer down, it was a simple observation.
    And mine a simple question. Wasn't meaning to sound any other way.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 01:43 PM
177 ... 5678