10-29-13 10:08 PM
177 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Don't blame BBM if no one wants to talk to you.
    What are you, 8 years old?
    Grow up. Your attacks are extremely juvenile.

Newsflash: your drive-bys are just as bad as those you chastise.
    richardat, NYC10065 and Etios like this.
    10-25-13 06:27 PM
    So you were expecting it to be full upon downloading?

Posted via CB10
    Did I say that? Learn to read.
    richardat likes this.
    10-25-13 06:28 PM
    Sitting at #21 on Google Play (WhatsApp is #20, Kik is #13, Snapchat is #9)
    App Annie App Store Data | Google Play Top Charts United States - Overall - Oct 25, 2013
    BBM is number 3 under Top New Free

App Annie App Store Data | Google Play Top Charts United States - Overall - Oct 25, 2013
    southlander likes this.
    10-25-13 06:31 PM
    What are you, 8 years old?
    Grow up. Your attacks are extremely juvenile.

Newsflash: your drive-bys are just as bad as those you chastise.
    You did make a point of saying that you downloaded BBM and your contacts list was empty...

Not sure how you'd spin that as a positive statement. Just saying, don't be surprised that you were met with negativity in return. No?
    10-25-13 06:35 PM
    Lack of contacts doesn't preclude testing the app...lots of people on CB will share their pin.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 06:37 PM
    Lack of contacts doesn't preclude testing the app...lots of people on CB will share their pin.

Posted via CB10
    Oh stop with the rational response already!

I downloaded WhatsApp and had a similar experience with a lack of contacts, fwiw. I guess I could have posted that WhatsApp was a failure at the time. Instead I just concluded that none of my personal circle used the app...
    10-25-13 06:40 PM
    I wouldn't put too much stock in those numbers. I personally downloaded BBM for Android 5 times trying to get it to work. Assuming there were many like me, then that 20 million figure is very suspect.
    10-25-13 06:48 PM
    Did I say that? Learn to read.
    I did read. You downloaded it and said you deleted it because you had no contacts. You can't expect to have a bunch of contacts on day 1.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and Killington like this.
    10-25-13 06:51 PM
    I wouldn't put too much stock in those numbers. I personally downloaded BBM for Android 5 times trying to get it to work. Assuming there were many like me, then that 20 million figure is very suspect.
    Scroll down on the page where it says "Additional Information" and look to the right.

Under "Installs" it lists 5-10 Million. Unless those are fakes just like the reviews. In which case that's Google's problem, lol.

INSTALLS. Not downloads.
    GRojasHruska and Carjackd like this.
    10-25-13 06:52 PM
    I did read. You downloaded it and said deleted it because you had no contacts. You can't expect to have a bunch of contacts on day 1.

Posted via CB10
    You didn't read well. Where did I say I deleted it in my post? Where did I say I expect a bunch of contacts? Are you just looking to argue about something, because you'll have to look elsewhere.
    10-25-13 06:53 PM
    You did make a point of saying that you downloaded BBM and your contacts list was empty...

Not sure how you'd spin that as a positive statement. Just saying, don't be surprised that you were met with negativity in return. No?
    It's a fact. Lots of people will have empty or extremely spares contacts lists. It's neither a negative or positive. Why must you try and make it out to be more than it is?
    10-25-13 06:55 PM
    It's a fact. Lots of people will have empty or extremely spares contacts lists. It's neither a negative or positive. Why must you try and make it out to be more than it is?
    No reason. Why are you making so much hay on the negative side about BBM?

Fact is, they just launched cross platform for Android and iPhone. Would you expect people to download the app and suddenly see no need to use other messaging apps?

Early days brother.
    10-25-13 06:58 PM
    Forget downloads... downloads mean nothing. How many iOS and Android users are actually signed up and are using it... My guess, is this. Since there has been no official press release from BlackBerry, it ain't good. I'm not being pessimistic, but you would think any sort of good news is worth screaming from the roof tops. Not silly one page ads in news papers...
    Well, it has not even been a week yet. You don't get to the top of the free apps categories on Play and iTunes without moving some serious bits.
    anon(5624621) and Killington like this.
    10-25-13 06:58 PM
    Every time he has ever predicted something, almost the exact opposite has happened. I wish he hadn't said anything, it's like a curse on Blackberry.

Oh, and lol at berry leaks. They've now gone to "predicting" things that will inevitably happen anyway. Next berry leaks prediction: the next BB10 OS update will be numbered 10.#.#
    The guy is just having some fun. No need to be rude.
    10-25-13 07:07 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...opselling_free

I counted it at 15 but I know that appannie is a service that does this kinda thing. Just thought I'd note it...
    southlander likes this.
    10-25-13 07:09 PM
    I would not be surprised if the sheer volume of new users is putting pressure on their infrastructure.

Which is why they were smart to introduce the waiting-list thing, so they can expand capacity before just opening the doors to all and finding them overwhelming their current bandwidth capability.
    I'm not seeing that....I'm thinking the waiting list was more related too the first mess ups and fake apps to ensure proper provisioning

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    10-25-13 07:23 PM
    No reason. Why are you making so much hay on the negative side about BBM?

Fact is, they just launched cross platform for Android and iPhone. Would you expect people to download the app and suddenly see no need to use other messaging apps?

Early days brother.
    Sounds like you're having a bad day, or again, just looking for a fight for some odd reason. This is the first post I've made about BBM and there's nothing inherently negative about it. Have a cookie, maybe you'll feel better.
    richardat likes this.
    10-25-13 08:14 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/c...opselling_free

I counted it at 15 but I know that appannie is a service that does this kinda thing. Just thought I'd note it...
    Folowed your link and this is what is current:

BBM breaks through 20 million downloads?-top.jpgBBM breaks through 20 million downloads?-top1.jpg
    SteelGreek likes this.
    10-25-13 08:41 PM
    You guys so understand that I personally have added 39 non blackberry users to my contacts on BBM since monday I'm just one BB10 user...my Facebook feed is blowing up tonight...I've added 5 in the last hour. go on twitter it's been trending in Toronto since Monday. This thing is on fire...regardless if people want to hate on it or not.

southlander likes this.
    10-25-13 08:47 PM
    Still trending as of 30 seconds ago
    BBM breaks through 20 million downloads?-img_00003451.png

10-25-13 08:49 PM
    Sounds like you're having a bad day, or again, just looking for a fight for some odd reason. This is the first post I've made about BBM and there's nothing inherently negative about it. Have a cookie, maybe you'll feel better.
    What kind of cookie? I like chocolate chip!

My day is fine, and I feel fine. NO bad day here my friend, thanks for projecting... And I'm not looking for a fight with you!

But I'll take your advice and have a cookie. Never a bad idea.

And you have a good day as well my friend. No need for us to get tied up in knots about cell phones.
    10-25-13 08:55 PM
    From someone who left bb for android.. but still loves bbm. BB should have done this years ago

Sent from my S3 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-25-13 08:55 PM
    Agreed 100 percent.

10-25-13 09:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree and have met some nice people through the forums. It is still frustrating to have so few people outside of CB to have as contacts.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-13 09:08 PM
    I'm still trying to get my wife and daughter to install it, otherwise zero contacts here. Too bad I'd like to try it.
    10-25-13 09:59 PM
177 ... 34567 ...