11-18-13 10:21 AM
65 123
tools
    Well as far as i know most of the bugs peeps talk about have been sorted out with updates and as it relates to memory and data consumption that is probably handset related because i never had that issue with my motorola razr maxx. It was on par with all other messaging apps where that was concerned.
    11-13-13 06:20 PM
    We live in a time where everything has to be perfect out the gate. We scream for minimal viable products. I assure you even if there were to have launched with Channels, BBM voice and video there would still be some subjective issues. Using it on my note 2 the app for a first generation was "functional". It was about getting out the door. The line has to be drawn in the sand at some point.

Posted via CB10
    Hard to draw a line in the sand when you're already buried neck deep in it. App needed more out the gate.
    11-13-13 06:21 PM
    If there are 100 people in a room and 80% installs BBM on day 1.... Install rate would be way down by day 3 ... Clearly someone feel asleep on grade 3 math ... No offence to anyone, just saying ...
    11-13-13 06:26 PM
    What I have seen are a few people uninstall because they felt having it was draining their battery. Not sure if it's the case or not but that's what I was told
    not surprised seeing as how buggy BBM on android is and still no updates
    arvind1983 likes this.
    I did an initial install on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 and thought it was okay. Some of the bugs got fixed with the update after the initial release and I figure more features and would get added over time. But out of 150 contacts in my address book, I only had two friends using BBM on BlackBerry phones, so that was kind of a bummer. Who knows if my case is typical/atypical, but most messages I get are on Kik, Hangouts, Viber, iMessage, and plain old SMS.
    11-13-13 06:45 PM
    My BBM list is growing by the day and I've had no issues at all. Then again I only know people who are using android phones with only a couple of blackberry users so maybe it's a iphone problem as we all know ios7/iphone in general is sub-par .
    11-13-13 06:53 PM
    My BBM list is growing by the day and I've had no issues at all. Then again I only know people who are using android phonez with only a couple of blackberry users so manybe it's a iphone problem as we all know ios7/iphone in general is sub-par .
    You could be right. iOS 7 has had some buggy issues (at least on my phone) and that's been cr@ppy. Minor (again, at least for me), but kind of annoying things...
    11-13-13 07:01 PM
    I have issues sending messages to Android or IOS users at least here in South East Asia.. Most of my messages won't get delivered or would get delivered after a day. My friends have switched back to WhatsApp because of this.

The only complaint from the Android users I got to install it is no landscape mode. They all still have it installed.
    11-13-13 07:05 PM
    All the primary? India and China, I'm sure you've heard of those? League cash table puts USA first, until you look at debt levels.

Anyhow, I only know of one user that's added and then uninstalled so far.

Posted via CB10
    Debt
    11-13-13 07:24 PM
    I still need to install it on my SGLLL. Figured I would wait after members were complaining.

Sent from my Q10
    11-13-13 07:27 PM
    LOL...SGlll

Sent from my Q10
    11-13-13 07:27 PM
    would be helpful if they got channels running on the iPhone and Android BBM. Every additional feature is an additional reason to get/keep BBM.
    11-13-13 07:30 PM
    And to think that even if every pre-xBBM (i.e. BlackBerry device) user managed to just get one unique new xBBM contact, the number of users would be greater than what it is at this point. As a CB and BlackBerry fan, I have begged and even hijacked phones to get a meager 6 new users. But those 6 represents 5 more than a single new BBM users. To me this shows that, obviously there is the well documented resistance against (and highly critical eye towards) anything with the name BlackBerry (which is fine), but most worrisome is that (a) native BBM users either don't know about xBBM being available (and thus haven't told anyone) or are so content using Whatsapp et al. that they couldn't be bothered to spread the word.

I mean, just one new contact per native BBM user... how hard is that?!! The d*mn thing is free!

Posted via CB10
    gg22 likes this.
    11-13-13 07:47 PM
    I did an initial install on my iPhone 5 with iOS 7 and thought it was okay. Some of the bugs got fixed with the update after the initial release and I figure more features and would get added over time.
    There should have been zero bugs or usability issues with cross-platform BlackBerry Messenger (xBBM) out of the gate. This is not a start-up trying to release a minimally viable product (edited from 'problem') to test the waters. BlackBerry is an established company with a chronic history of barely acceptable software product at release whether it be operating system or application.
    Last edited by qwerty4ever; 11-14-13 at 02:43 PM.
    m1a1mg, bekkay and JeepBB like this.
    11-14-13 06:20 AM
    Honestly, I think that the real compelling reasons for XBBM are not even here yet. I don't bother promoting it at this time, because there is not a big enough benefit over the options we are already using for me to start asking everyone to change. If/when Channels, Voice, and Video arrive, it will be extremely compelling for me and my friends and family (that happen to be all over the world). When that comes, I will start talking it up.
    PS: I love Channels. I think that is an awesome addition.
    BoldPreza and notafanboy like this.
    11-14-13 07:08 AM
    BBM needs video and voice asap.

Posted via CB10
    BoldPreza likes this.
    11-14-13 07:09 AM
    CrackBerry channel hardly used. Kevin rarely uses it. BlackBerry itself is quiet on its channel too.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    11-14-13 07:40 AM
    Seems about right to me. At launch there were tons of people on Facebook and even instagram putting their pins up.

Now nothing and to make it worse people usually those that didn't have a BlackBerry before are not using it or uninstalling it.

I have convinced a few to keep it and they are enjoying it but I can't convince everyone. I don't know that many people.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:41 AM
    I only have one Android user friend so I can't really comment on that but I have tons of friends with iPhones and they are happily using and abusing BBM without complaint.

It might take awhile and a few updates to completely take off but it's far from a failure in my circle of friends. I can't be the only one.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:09 PM
    I think I said that I expect less than 5% long term adoption of xBBM. Not saying this report is anything close to accurate but it wouldn't surprise me in the least and is on par with the industry standard for app adoption after a month.
    11-14-13 12:53 PM
    I wouldn't doubt the OP report at all. It mirrors my experience.

I downloaded BBM to see what all the hoopla was about. Then I remembered I don't know anybody who actually uses BBM anymore so I deleted it. I also didn't like that it was running in the foreground at all times. That's a dealbreaker for me. Google Hangouts does not do this and I carefully manage my foreground running apps.

So I believe it. Probably a huge number of people did exactly what I did.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-14-13 01:55 PM
    CrackBerry channel hardly used. Kevin rarely uses it. BlackBerry itself is quiet on its channel too.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10
    Channels will go down as another BB fail. Too little, too late...........
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-14-13 02:27 PM
    I wouldn't doubt the OP report at all. It mirrors my experience.

I downloaded BBM to see what all the hoopla was about. Then I remembered I don't know anybody who actually uses BBM anymore so I deleted it. I also didn't like that it was running in the foreground at all times. That's a dealbreaker for me. Google Hangouts does not do this and I carefully manage my foreground running apps.

So I believe it. Probably a huge number of people did exactly what I did.
    That what you believe but from what I see people are downloading BBM and the word is spreading. I love my SG4 and my now 31 BBM contacts list keeps on growing . Not sure why some on CB who clearly dislikes everything blackberry would spend so much time on a fan site? There is no spinning why someone with such negativity would waste so much of their time posting....unless well I think smart people can figure it out. Everyone has to make a living no matter how pathetic. Cheers .Life is to short being negative .
    11-14-13 04:56 PM
    That what you believe but from what I see people are downloading BBM and the word is spreading. I love my SG4 and my now 31 BBM contacts list keeps on growing . Not sure why some on CB who clearly dislikes everything blackberry would spend so much time on a fan site? There is no spinning why someone with such negativity would waste so much of their time posting....unless well I think smart people can figure it out. Everyone has to make a living no matter how pathetic. Cheers .Life is to short being negative .
    Glad you like it...
    11-14-13 08:26 PM
65 123