10-24-13 05:50 PM
68 123
tools
    I thought Apple fans are used to lining up for new releases.....................
    I never said they didn't whine while they were waiting. People complain...blackberry has queued them...suck it up. it is what it is....they will all be elated when they get their email.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    10-22-13 12:02 PM
    The world is talking about BlackBerry right now....and the majority of it is good talk. something that blackberry has needed for a while.

10-22-13 12:04 PM
    Is anyone else using it on Android realizing that you have to turn WIFI off to get BBM to work? I hope this is a joke.

I have a galaxy S4 and I've had no problem with bbm on or off WIFI. The only little problem I've noticed so far is that messages won't say delivered with iPhone users until they unlock and open their phone
    10-22-13 12:07 PM
    My battery! LOL.
    10-22-13 12:10 PM
    DOA? Hardly problem is now a days everyone wants instant gratification. BB10 is not even a year old you need to give it time to mature. Was IOS or android as good or as highly polished as BB10 is when they launched? Remember a time when IOS had no copy and paste? Patience is a virtrue is it not?

Posted via CB10
    I've explained this in detail before. NO. You are incorrect. BB10 is dead now (in terms of customers, developers, and likely: support from it's parent company) - except perhaps if a good enthusiast community can support it - which I'm all for. Frankly, your vague assertions that it will take "time" are meaningless to me.

I have stated before, if BB had the resources to carry on, they may have been able to gain traction with a bb11, or bb12, but that isn't the case.

It's extremely unlikely that Fairfax or any other entity will carry on in such developmental endeavors.
    10-22-13 01:50 PM
    True, but the flip side is that folks on other platforms are probably not used to broken deadlines followed by queues. They are not as patient as BB users, and that is not necessarily a bad thing.
    If they can wait outside for over 24 hours for a phone, they can wait a few hours indoors for the best in class IM app.
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-22-13 03:32 PM
    Your missing the point. It's not the fact that it's early days for bb10, it's the fact it's 3 years too late. You're asking consumers to choose a new os over a mature one. Unless you can show substantial benefit it was never going to happen.
    richardat likes this.
    10-22-13 03:57 PM
    To the OP, interesting question in your thread title. Why you? Because BBRY fans, even backslidden ones, are evangelists for the good things about the company
    10-23-13 11:56 AM
    Your missing the point. It's not the fact that it's early days for bb10, it's the fact it's 3 years too late. You're asking consumers to choose a new os over a mature one. Unless you can show substantial benefit it was never going to happen.
    The ship has sailed on the "3 years too late" argument. Let's keep moving! BBRY has a very good OS that will get better as they continue to improve it. People will either adopt it for the slick OS it is and the mobile platform it will be (the BBRY user experience is an important intangible bonus) or stick with what they know out of comfortablity. Properly executed, there is room for both.
    10-23-13 12:01 PM
    BBM is not amazing but I do like the idea of segregating my family and close friends to BBM but not likely to happen. Not interested. They don't see the value.

Consumers are attracted to the hardware first. OS not so important. Certainly not as important as the lack of apps. If you are in the market for a "slab" phone there are lots of good phones on the market. Only BlackBerry has a good QWERTY. They might be able to make some headway if they increase the screen size on their QWERTY to a respectable 4 inches. They could have made a big splash with a big QWERTY.
    10-23-13 12:07 PM
    I guess this is because BlackBerry don't want too many people signing up at the same time. As simple as that.
    For example, when Windows released 8.1 recently I received the email telling me the update was out 1,5 day after it was out so that the die hard users would download it and then the others. Same for BlackBerry.
    10-23-13 12:11 PM
    BBM Video with Screen Share will NOT be coming to BBM for iOS. The ability to share a screen in iOS is NOT possible. There are no API's for it, so that will not be "coming soon"

Also, please read the fine print:

1Requires an NFC enabled BlackBerry smartphone running BlackBerry 7.1 OS or BlackBerry 10 OS.
    2Compatible BlackBerry 10 devices, Wi-Fi, 4G or HSPA+ connection required. Additional restrictions apply.
    3Both parties require BlackBerry OS5 or higher, data plan and WiFi connection for BBM Voice call. Please check with your service provider for availability and restrictions.
    4*Data plan or Wi-Fi required. Please check with your carrier for costs and restrictions.
    BBM download is not available for BlackBerry 10 OS devices.
    Screen images may be simulated. Data plan required. Please check with your service provider for availability, costs and restrictions. BlackBerry is not responsible for any third party products or services.
    iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
    * Data plan or Wi-Fi required. Please check with your carrier for costs and restrictions. Android 4.0 and iOS 6 or higher is required. Tablet devices not supported. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
    10-23-13 12:13 PM
    Still a ton of IOS users complaining on twitter about how they have been put in a queue. Apple fans whine about everything.

But they will line up at 4am to get a fake gold phone!
    10-23-13 12:47 PM
    In the smaller type under BBM Video : "Enjoy this new BBM experience on BlackBerry 10 smartphones.2 "

And in the smaller type under BBM Voice : "To enjoy BBM Voice, you need to have a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry Device Software v5 or higher. Then simply update to BBM 7 to get the new feature."

Wow - "Bait and switch" marketing at its finest....- R.
    There's nothing "bait-and-switch" with this. Just, at worst, vapourware, a practice that everyone from Microsoft on down has engaged in since the beginning of software. And I don't even consider it vapourware. It's all about what features one can obtain now with BlackBerry devices, and what, it's clearly stated, will be ported to the cross-platform after this initial release.
    10-23-13 01:14 PM
    BB's marketing does suck. But no marketing campaign is ever going to reach all users. The cost would be astronomical. To reach every person in the US would take months and cost in the 10's of billions. But you telling your boss about it? That cost BlackBerry nothing.
    10-23-13 01:54 PM
    Is anyone else using it on Android realizing that you have to turn WIFI off to get BBM to work? I hope this is a joke.
    Ok. I hope it is too. I'll wait to load it on my SGlll.
    10-23-13 02:44 PM
    I just tried it on my HTC One, it works fine when Wifi is enabled along with LTE.
    10-23-13 03:33 PM
    Yes, I'm sure it was those rabid iPhone users that turned the last launch into the "CF" you describe. Nice pick up.
    Oh Lord jesus you're right, it couldn't have had anything to do with overloaded servers now, could it. How silly of me. Thank you all for showing me the light. This is precisely the enlightenment I come to Crackberry for. Thank you all so very, very much.
    10-24-13 05:50 PM
68 123