10-24-13 05:50 PM
68 123
tools
    I have 10 BBM Contacts more

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    10-21-13 05:50 PM
    Is anyone else using it on Android realizing that you have to turn WIFI off to get BBM to work? I hope this is a joke.
    This can't be true!? That would be....the ultimate joke. As bad a PB with no email client...maybe worse.....there is no way they'd do that...again :-)
    10-21-13 05:52 PM
    Let's be mature. Don't ride the coattails of others to take pot shots by calling home runs.

You got an issue with what I say about your beloved platform, say it. I'm here LOL.

BTW, while getting that juiced ball, what did I say that was negative?

Put the defender cake down, let's talk tech or hit ignore. But most of all, let's try to be mature.

LOL.
    ok then Oh voice of reason, I think I rather pay attention to how BB is doing with this rollout...catch you on the other side
    Carjackd likes this.
    10-21-13 06:04 PM
    There were a few quotes to my comment so this is a general response. If you go to the blackberry.com and click on BBM option, that is the page you go to. I don't see how this is misleading. That's like saying the BBM Video portion should be more specific as any legacy BB can't use it. This is the link to the cross platform version.... BBM for Android & iPhone is Here - Download BBM - BBM Global - English

I'm not trying to be argumentative but this is a company with it's own OS and it's own customers. Now to be fair, and to recognize what you guys are getting at, I think they should have a drop down under the BBM header to direct you to the specific platform. I will suggest it and maybe others will/should too. It would alleviate any sort of perceived confusion.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-21-13 06:05 PM
    ok then Oh voice of reason, I think I rather pay attention to how BB is doing with this rollout...catch you on the other side
    That's what I thought LOL. Don't forget that home run ball.
    10-21-13 06:43 PM
    What's with all the complaining about no video or other premium BBM features not available on android or IOS? The whole purpose of why BlackBerry released cross platform BBM was to entice users to switch over to BB10! Give the public a free taste so to speak. As for marketing you just have to look at all the positive ratings BBM is receiving on Google play and the Apple store.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Carjackd like this.
    10-21-13 06:49 PM
    You're right - nothing wrong with advertising platform-specific features. However, they should be called out as such much more clearly. It doesn't matter if something is "technically" true or accurate - if people perceive they've been duped or even provided with unclear information they won't be happy. Blackberry can't afford to burn any more bridges.

- R.

- R.
    Isn't BBM free? So what exactly is BlackBerry going to be called out on? If people don't like what they see, they will simply stop using it.
    I can understand your argument if people paid for something they did not get.
    BlackBerry hasn't lied or try to mislead the public. This practice is rather common, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 06:58 PM
    personally in my opinion some features need to be left out i think its a joke how ios and andriod will get video chat yet legacy devices wont obviously they cant handle it but still some people dont like bb10 and refuse to use anything but legacy and those users will be left out while people who dont even own a blackberry device get better features
    10-21-13 07:05 PM
    There were a few quotes to my comment so this is a general response. If you go to the blackberry.com and click on BBM option, that is the page you go to. I don't see how this is misleading. That's like saying the BBM Video portion should be more specific as any legacy BB can't use it. This is the link to the cross platform version.... BBM for Android & iPhone is Here - Download BBM - BBM Global - English

I'm not trying to be argumentative but this is a company with it's own OS and it's own customers. Now to be fair, and to recognize what you guys are getting at, I think they should have a drop down under the BBM header to direct you to the specific platform. I will suggest it and maybe others will/should too. It would alleviate any sort of perceived confusion.
    The page you link to is clear - note the "BBM on Blackberry Smartphones" section. The other page is not. The drop down you describe would help if they also adjust the text on all pages to be as clear as on the page you gave the link to.

No one has an issue with trying to get people to use your product by providing extra features on your own platform. It's the clarity we're having trouble with. Other than Katiepea that is - she seems to be finding functionality issues.

- R.
    10-21-13 07:06 PM
    Did it ever dawn on anybody that maybe they're trying to avoid a massive CF like the last attempted launch and control the rollout as much as possible, knowing how rabid iPhone users can be about new isht? No, I suppose not.
    10-21-13 07:17 PM
    Did it ever dawn on anybody that maybe they're trying to avoid a massive CF like the last attempted launch and control the rollout as much as possible, knowing how rabid iPhone users can be about new isht? No, I suppose not.
    We've all just been running around, willy nilly, waiting for you to show us the way, o wise one.
    10-21-13 07:21 PM
    What's with all the complaining about no video or other premium BBM features not available on android or IOS? The whole purpose of why BlackBerry released cross platform BBM was to entice users to switch over to BB10! Give the public a free taste so to speak. As for marketing you just have to look at all the positive ratings BBM is receiving on Google play and the Apple store.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think people are complaining about the lack of features, just that BBRY should ensure people know it isn't available on other platforms just yet.
    Rooster99 likes this.
    10-21-13 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    As OP, I'd encourage you to read my original post then follow that thread. The issues are (1) Poor marketing of BBM by Blackberry, and (2) Lack of clarity or deliberate "bait and switch" on their web site - your choice on this one. There are no complaints about Blackberry reserving premium features for the Blackberry platform.

- R.
    10-21-13 08:20 PM
    Cause they have a seemingly non-existent marketing team.
    10-21-13 08:58 PM
    If you look on twitter atm under the hashtag BBM there's a lot of hate and bashing going on. There's even those who are downright trashing anyone who'd consider downloading BBM. Pretty sad, but totally expected.

Yes, features are a good selling point, but prejudice can be very strong at stunting any positive momentum.
    Can't wait to see the trash coming out from the tech blogs, er I mean sites.
    10-21-13 10:02 PM
    Yes, I'm sure it was those rabid iPhone users that turned the last launch into the "CF" you describe. Nice pick up.
    bobauckland and richardat like this.
    10-21-13 10:03 PM
    If you look on twitter atm under the hashtag BBM there's a lot of hate and bashing going on. There's even those who are downright trashing anyone who'd consider downloading BBM. Pretty sad, but totally expected.

Yes, features are a good selling point, but prejudice can be very strong at stunting any positive momentum.
    Can't wait to see the trash coming out from the tech blogs, er I mean sites.
    I think that that is a relative measure of how well it's doing.
    10-21-13 10:08 PM
    Seeing how this is quickly becoming the #1 free app for iOS, the advertising is there and free.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-21-13 10:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    This would be absolute SUICIDE. They were never, ever thinking that, this fallback plan happened well after BB10 had collapsed (which is really from the moment it launched). They probably were thinking of angles like this back in the Jim and Mike days...not now. BB10 was DOA, there is no way they are holding anything back for enticement ROFL!!! I do agree with them not even trying it a this point...it's been shaky enough to get text chat working. If they want to have any chance at all though, they better hurry like BB has never hurried before though, and get all those features and more out....yesterday!
    10-21-13 11:22 PM
    Yes, I'm sure it was those rabid iPhone users that turned the last launch into the "CF" you describe. Nice pick up.
    LOL!
    Apple slur: FAIL
    "insight": FAIL

The bear needs to go back to sleep.....
    10-21-13 11:25 PM
    True, but the flip side is that folks on other platforms are probably not used to broken deadlines followed by queues. They are not as patient as BB users, and that is not necessarily a bad thing.
    Front page CB article says the wait is only hours. That's not all that bad. Though how someone would know that in advance I don't know.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1767
    10-21-13 11:28 PM
    Still a ton of IOS users complaining on twitter about how they have been put in a queue. Apple fans whine about everything.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    I thought Apple fans are used to lining up for new releases.....................
    badiyee likes this.
    10-22-13 12:18 AM
    This would be absolute SUICIDE. They were never, ever thinking that, this fallback plan happened well after BB10 had collapsed (which is really from the moment it launched). They probably were thinking of angles like this back in the Jim and Mike days...not now. BB10 was DOA, there is no way they are holding anything back for enticement ROFL!!! I do agree with them not even trying it a this point...it's been shaky enough to get text chat working. If they want to have any chance at all though, they better hurry like BB has never hurried before though, and get all those features and more out....yesterday!
    DOA? Hardly problem is now a days everyone wants instant gratification. BB10 is not even a year old you need to give it time to mature. Was IOS or android as good or as highly polished as BB10 is when they launched? Remember a time when IOS had no copy and paste? Patience is a virtrue is it not?

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 12:51 AM
    Seeing how this is quickly becoming the #1 free app for iOS, the advertising is there and free.

Posted via CB10
    Am I missing something? On iOS it has 1,348 reviews.
    10-22-13 07:09 AM
    Do people think BB needed to preempt TV and radio programming to broadcast a message that BBM is now available for downoad? ..... SMH at peoples expectations.
    10-22-13 07:13 AM
68 123