02-07-12 01:16 AM
38 12
tools
    He would not elaborate on details but said the promotional effort would not be undertaken at a loss to the company, and that carriers are working with it on a program that could include higher end data plans.
    I have a feeling that RIM might be discussing with carriers to cut the contract year to one year while increasing the monthly payment for bb7 so as to enable bb user to upgrade when bb10 is launched.
    02-05-12 12:38 PM
    I am due for an upgrade on April 1. I'm not going to get an OS7 device when BB10 is just around the corner. I may change platforms since I don't want to hang on to my 9650 for six months more.
    I'm wondering how many BB10 apps will be available when the new devices are released. It could be a year before we see many apps that we expect. I hate to leave Blackberry, but their delays are forcing my hand.
    02-05-12 01:19 PM
    I am due for an upgrade on April 1. I'm not going to get an OS7 device when BB10 is just around the corner. I may change platforms since I don't want to hang on to my 9650 for six months more.
    I'm wondering how many BB10 apps will be available when the new devices are released. It could be a year before we see many apps that we expect. I hate to leave Blackberry, but their delays are forcing my hand.
    Well, as the selection of apps for Playbook continues to grow that will only make it better for the BB10 devices. The phones will have tons of apps when they launch. I am holding out with my 9800 till the BB10's come out.
    02-05-12 02:02 PM
    Hard to recommend an iPhone after reading this:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/bu...in-china.html?
    LOL. I don't think that patter is gaining any traction.

The lives of the Foxcon workers are UNQUESTIONABLY better than if the Apple jobs were not available to them. Do an A/B test... look at the life of a Foxcon/Apple worker, and then his unfortunate counterpart in that region who cannot get a Foxcon job. The non-Foxcon worker would trade in a heartbeat. And no one notices that the suicide rate per 100,000 workers is lower than that of Indian, but no one says we should boycott Hoosier Tires!!!

And if Apple wants to spend more voluntarily, there are very deserving workers in other labor markets who would delivered increased productivity in return for the increased cost, not just a warm feeling.

Aren't we fortunate that there were not similar misleading agitators attempting to thwart North America's development in the 18th and 19th centuries? "Oh, don't buy that Ethan Allen furniture, the working conditions are horrible in those Vermont factories. Let them starve, keep buying London made furniture."

We'd all still be plowing!!!

http://www.in.gov/isdh/files/SuicidePaper_9-5-07.pdf

11.78 suicides per 100,000 residents in Indiana

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/0...linchina/all/1

1.7 suicides per 100,000 people at Foxconn
    Last edited by Palmless; 02-05-12 at 02:29 PM.
    azrin640 likes this.
    02-05-12 02:24 PM
    Hoping some news on this comes out at Devcon, wife's BB is acting up as well now.
    02-06-12 01:54 PM

The lives of the Foxcon workers are UNQUESTIONABLY better than if the Apple jobs were not available to them. Do an A/B test... look at the life of a Foxcon/Apple worker, and then his unfortunate counterpart in that region who cannot get a Foxcon job. The non-Foxcon worker would trade in a heartbeat. And no one notices that the suicide rate per 100,000 workers is lower than that of Indian, but no one says we should boycott Hoosier Tires!!!

And if Apple wants to spend more voluntarily, there are very deserving workers in other labor markets who would delivered increased productivity in return for the increased cost, not just a warm feeling.

Aren't we fortunate that there were not similar misleading agitators attempting to thwart North America's development in the 18th and 19th centuries? "Oh, don't buy that Ethan Allen furniture, the working conditions are horrible in those Vermont factories. Let them starve, keep buying London made furniture."

We'd all still be plowing!!!

http://www.in.gov/isdh/files/SuicidePaper_9-5-07.pdf

11.78 suicides per 100,000 residents in Indiana

1 Million Workers. 90 Million iPhones. 17 Suicides. Who's to Blame? | Magazine | Wired.com

1.7 suicides per 100,000 people at Foxconn
    You cannot compare Indiana suicide rate to Foxcomm....

Out of those 100,000 people in Indiana, how many are unemployed? How many are about to lose their jobs? How many work at different companies. Now if you compare 100,000 workers at Foxcomm to 100,000 workers in a US company, then you would have a valid comparison. The one you gave is statistically worthless.
    02-06-12 02:00 PM
    A recurring theme I keep hearing is " who wants to get stuck with an old technology phone and BB7". I decided to and would do it again. The 9900 is a dream phone for me. Would really take something incredible to make me feel left behind. BB10 may be great but I can't see myself feeling like I made a mistake. As long as blackberry keeps os7 updated I'm happy!
    02-06-12 02:20 PM
    They better fix the intermittent charging and call volume bugs before they start rolling out OS7 to the masses...

People are going to get pissed...
    02-06-12 02:25 PM
    Mine works great and lasts a long time! Had one battery drain issue but found and resolved that issue on an app. Really happy.
    02-06-12 02:39 PM
    It's not a battery drain issue, it's a software problem where the phone won't charge from all sources and you have to reboot to fix it. It's fixed in 7.1 as far as I can tell but 7.1 has a problem where calls can randomly have no audio... (based on available 9930 builds)
    02-06-12 03:44 PM
    Upgrading to OS 7 devices right now is a waste of money. RIM has assured that there is little value in that, especially for non BB users looking at their devices.

That may also be why carrier reps are hostile to those devices.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express
    02-06-12 11:52 PM
    Cool....but so late, why wasn't this done BEFORE the product came out...look what Samsung does!
    02-07-12 12:28 AM
    Hard to recommend an iPhone after reading this:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/bu...in-china.html?
    An inconvenient truth?
    02-07-12 01:16 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD