A colleague got a Samsung note 3 recently. I was seriously considering a note 2 but opted for a z10 last year (not regretting it at all) . The note 2 was not quite up to my expectations for its use of the stylus. I had to write slow and steady or it wouldn't pick up. The note 3 appears to solved that problem and seems to be quite responsive.

I personally can see the benefits of being able to take actual notes via stylus and slightly larger screen if course. I would love to see BlackBerry come out with a device that could compete with the Note products. At the moment I don't see any contenders which I think is an opportunity.

What do you think?

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-14-14 10:26 PM
    I agree with you I think that BlackBerry could pull it off, but try to differentiate it don't make it a Note rip off

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-14-14 11:44 PM
    Yes, it is potentially an Enterprise tool, if done correctly.

Any notes you write on the screen (even when locked) automatically load into the Calendar in the 'Notes' section of the appointment you are in.

Yeah?

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-15-14 06:26 AM
    Definitely not a direct copy. But the stylus concept with a their own phablet, this concept for just oozes productivity which right up BlackBerry ally.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-15-14 10:13 AM
    Definitely not a direct copy. But the stylus concept with a their own phablet, this concept for just oozes productivity which right up BlackBerry ally.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 06:34 PM
    Even on the note 3 the writing lags behind the stylus. I've never seen anyone bothering to use their stylus.
    01-16-14 06:15 AM
    I would love it!

Red Zed 10
    01-17-14 01:49 AM
    I loved the S Pen with my Note 2 just for surfing the web. Didn't use it for much else, but it was nice.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 02:44 AM
    I have note 3 but for me typing on it's virtual keyboard feels faster and reasonably easier than using the S Pen

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 03:48 AM
    I have been thinking the same as you. BlackBerry should offer stylus as an accessory. The stylus comes in very handy when you have to sign documents on the go. Saves having to print, then sign, scan and email or faxing back the completed doc.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-24-14 12:47 PM
    I'd love the ability to sketch a diagram, or directions, or simply circle part of an article on my phone. Also, that coupled with a laser pointer would be very cool. If it could also start a fire, who wouldn't want one!

Sent from the future on my ? Z10
    01-24-14 09:20 PM
    A stylus would be useful. I actually have one I bought from a store and it works perfectly with my Z10 screen. If BlackBerry comes out with a device with a stylus I would buy.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 10:07 PM
    A stylus would be useful. I actually have one I bought from a store and it works perfectly with my Z10 screen. If BlackBerry comes out with a device with a stylus I would buy.

Posted via CB10
    Any limitations or disadvantages with compatibility?

Sent from the future on my ? Z10
    01-24-14 10:14 PM
    BlackBerry would own phones with stylus. Hello, we're QNX - real time system is what we deal with! That's why we have Pacemaker because it's real time! No lags *drool*

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-25-14 06:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Which one did you get for your Z10?

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 07:06 PM
    I have been thinking the same as you. BlackBerry should offer stylus as an accessory. The stylus comes in very handy when you have to sign documents on the go. Saves having to print, then sign, scan and email or faxing back the completed doc.

Posted via CB10
    For signing documents, I just use PaperPusher Scanner to take a picture of the document, adjust, and then save as a pdf document. I open that in Adobe Acrobat Reader and use the signature and other mark up tools (with my finger ) on the document. Acrobat Reader saves your signature, so you just have to insert it and drag it to where you want it to be. It's improved leaps and bounds over the PlayBook version!

Having said that, if BB offered a Wacom pen (vs a passive stylus that works like your finger), I would definitely buy that. Still, I would probably only use a pen on a phablet or tablet due to the small screen size of a phone and because I'm faster at thumb-typing to take notes when using my phone. I currently have the Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet with the active digitizer stylus. The screen size is just right and it's nice to be able to return to taking notes and drawing with a pen! I'm using One Note and Journal for note-taking.
    01-25-14 07:49 PM
    Sharp Aquos phablets can do that, as in writing on screen with any generic stylus, and you can scribble very accurately, as if you're writing on a paper, with almost no lag (at least the user video demonstrations show this), and since it is an Android, I presume it has to be either the digitizer hardware or combination of that together with the software.
    01-25-14 09:11 PM