08-14-14 12:19 AM
108 ... 2345
tools
    Have a Z30 myself while my wife has a Z10. Looking forward to getting the passport. Moved from Toronto and used to see many more BlackBerry there the Vancouver though.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 06:48 AM
    Here in Nigeria a lot of folks are just about getting a Z10...jst a few Q10s in d wild n a bit of Q5s here and there.....dont fink there will be market 4 Z3 ryt now
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-29-14 07:07 AM
    Tons of Z10s and Q10s in Waterloo Region.

Sadly, I saw zero BB10s in a recent trip to Florida, other than the Z10 I was proudly carrying.

Large screened androids seem to be the most popular in southwest Florida.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 07:29 AM
    Hey guys I live in Vancouver, just wanted to tell you while there are lots of iphones, and android, it is becoming rare for me to go a day without seeing several BB10 phones(Q10, Z10).....from business people, to construction workers on their break I seem them now consistently. They are selling here it seems anyway.

Some good news for the weekend. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Anecdotal at best. Reality is that there aren't a lot of BB10 devices out there.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-29-14 04:10 PM
    Here in Nigeria a lot of folks are just about getting a Z10. Just a few Q10s in the wild and a bit of Q5s here and there. Don't think there will be market for the Z3 right now.
    I've corrected your typing so that people can easily read and he's what you were trying to get across.

I actually would think that the Z3 would be a good fit for Nigeria and the other countries in that part of the world.

07-29-14 04:14 PM
    I agree lots of bb10 users nowadays!

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 04:43 PM
    I agree lots of bb10 users nowadays!

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely, that's why the company is doing so well. Oh wait...

techvisor and pttptppt like this.
    07-30-14 08:37 AM
    All these pointless anecdotes...

Might as well contribute mine: I see endless oceans of iPhones and Androids; the occasional Windows phone -- including my own Lumia Icon :-) -- and have seen precisely one BB10 phone. I saw it in Ogunnquit, ME and I asked its owner what she thought of it. She liked it...but hadn't chosen it. Her company had.

I see legacy BB devices more often.

So I guess I'm the opposite of the OP. Of course, our experiences mean absolutely nothing.
    07-31-14 10:15 AM

Hey, do you live in the Vancouver area, or even in BC for that matter? If not, why comment in this topic? It has a specific focus, not a general one so why try to hijack it with off topic comments? Nobody's making any global claims about BlackBerry here so why should you? And before you reply, yes I live in the Vancouver area and yes I've seem BlackBerry 10s around town.

Posted via CB10
    nick13b, brian4591 and anon5645485 like this.
    07-31-14 11:00 AM
    Saw one it two other than mine the other day. And more of personal phone than work.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 06:18 PM
    I live in Vancouver my wife and I both have Z10's I have two brothers that have Q10`s and I have another brother that has a legacy BlackBerry and I also have quite a few friends in fact most of my friends either have BlackBerry or Apple only a few with Android. But I have to admit I'm in my fifties and it is probably a demographic thing.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 07:46 PM
    Anecdotal at best. Reality is that there aren't a lot of BB10 devices out there.

Thanks for trying to take away from the good news for the weekend.

/sarcasm

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:34 PM

Low blow?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 09:34 PM
    BlackBerry did better than what all the nay sayers predicted in the last earnings call and I predict that they will do even do better in the next earnings call.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 11:04 PM
    Hey, do you live in the Vancouver area, or even in BC for that matter? If not, why comment in this topic? It has a specific focus, not a general one so why try to hijack it with off topic comments? Nobody's making any global claims about BlackBerry here so why should you? And before you reply, yes I live in the Vancouver area and yes I've seem BlackBerry 10s around town.

Posted via CB10
    I'm commenting because of the inaccurate anecdotal comments that your posted about BB10 being common in Vancouver. Someone needs to point out the truth and keep these threads grounded in reality, instead of the BlackBerry fanaticals fairy tale world where BlackBerry has been elevated to near God status.

08-04-14 08:06 AM
    I'm commenting because of the inaccurate anecdotal comments that your posted about BB10 being common in Vancouver. Someone needs to point out the truth and keep these threads grounded in reality, instead of the BlackBerry fanaticals fairy tale world where BlackBerry has been elevated to near God status.

Dude... chill...its just a phone.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-04-14 08:25 AM
    Low blow?

Posted via CB10
    Just stating the facts. I guess the truth hurts. (for some people anyway)

08-04-14 11:21 AM
    Thanks for trying to take away from the good news for the weekend.

/sarcasm

Posted via CB10
    It's only good news if it's true. It isn't. It's someone relaying inaccurate information because it makes some BlackBerry fanaticals warm and fuzzy inside.

08-04-14 11:22 AM
    And again have you ever even been in Vancouver?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 11:46 AM
    And again have you ever even been in Vancouver?

Posted via CB10
    Was there are the start of July for two weeks. I saw two Q10 devices. No Q5 or Z10 or Z30 devices.

The sales numbers also speak for themselves.

08-04-14 11:57 AM
    I suppose people can choose who to believe, people who live in Vancouver or someone who claims to have visited Vancouver for two weeks and knows better.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 02:27 PM
    I live in Vancouver and I have seen some BlackBerry 10 devices from time to time and more recently than before. I wouldn't say it is quite commonplace though as I can easily go a full day without seeing someone with one.

I can definitely say the interest in BlackBerry has changed from my friends perspective as they aren't as hateful and I have even sold my previous Z10 to a friend who loves it.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 03:57 PM
    I suppose people can choose who to believe, people who live in Vancouver or someone who claims to have visited Vancouver for two weeks and knows better.

Posted via CB10
    You're right. I'm wrong.

BlackBerry BB10 devices are everywhere in Vancouver and the company is thriving.

08-04-14 08:24 PM
    You're right. I'm wrong.

BlackBerry BB10 devices are everywhere in Vancouver and the company is thriving.

Dude... you got a problem with some people seeing BB10 in Vancouver? The company hasn't been doing well but it doesn't mean that there are no BB10 devices to be seen in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 08:33 PM
    Dude... you got a problem with some people seeing BB10 in Vancouver? The company hasn't been doing well but it doesn't mean that there are no BB10 devices to be seen in the wild.

Posted via CB10
    There are very few BB10 devices to be seen in the wild. It's unfortunate, but true.

I don't have a problem with someone saying they saw some BB10 devices. That's great. I love seeing them. I saw my first Z30 in the wild three or four weeks ago.

It's a whole other story when someone starts claiming that they are commonplace. Vancouver is a big metropolitan city. If BB10 devices were commonplace that would be a big deal and signal a big change in BlackBerry's fortune.

Unfortunately, BB10 devices aren't commonplace in the wild. Anyone claiming otherwise is living in a BlackBerry fantical fantasy land and making statements like that just to make themselves and other BlackBerry fanaticals feel better.

BlackBerry and its users need to have the strength and self-confidence to admit just where the company is. Without being willing to acknowledge that the company won't grow and return to being on solid footing as they once were.

08-04-14 08:52 PM
108 ... 2345